• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Those " I love you game!" DPPt Moments...

monkeylampshade

the secret character of Brawl
    Years
    First, I find a shiny Staravia...
    Then I find a shiny Doduo the next day...
    Then I find a shiny Ralts on my stepsister's game the next day...
    Then I successfuly chain a shiny Zigzagoon.
    I was like "HOLY ****!"

Then some other time, I raced my siblings to see who would catch all the Unown first, and at the end when we catch ! and ?, my stepsister runs into a shiny !.
    :0

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    When the trainer in Bryon's gym calls you a noob when you engage him.

made me laugh.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Setting up 5 DD's with Gyarados on Cynthia's spiritomb and sweeping her team like it was nothing. The gyarados was level 47 when the battle started =P

Kai13

Portuguese Pokémon Player
    Years
    I felt that the other day, I had finished studying chinese and then went to bed, turned on my Nintendo DS and played Pokémon Platinum. I was so tired the game actually felt really, really good.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Earlier today, I was catching Dialga and Palkia in Platinum.

First, I caught Dialga after a few tries.
    The first one was terrible.
    Then I accidentally knocked it out.
    Then I, as the other times, TBolted it with my Lv.100 Porygon2 which has been in three games now: My missing FireRed, my Emerald and my Platinum. I finally got that stupid dragon paralyzed and it was standing there with like 1-10 HP remaining. I threw one Poke Ball. BAM. Caught.

But I didn't save as I was wondering if it had a crappy nature. So I just engaged in battle with Palkia, and of course, I accidentally knocked it out with a critical Tri Attack after TBolting it. YAY! Now I had to catch Dialga again too. Same deal as the last time, only this time, no paralyze. Threw a Luxury Ball. BAM, caught.

I was a bit more gentle with Palkia the second time. I TBolted it, switched to Azelf, stretched it to its limits with Extrasensory (pun intended) and threw a few Poke Balls at it until I threw an Ultra Ball and caught it.

I was like: Woo! Now I have:
    Rotom
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Shaymin

:D Cresselia and Heatran will probably be caught in the future.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    I thought the roaming legendary birds in Pokémon Platinum would be a major annoyance, yet I caught all of them yesterday. What really amazed me was I tried freezing all of them, yet I read online that ice Pokémon couldn't be frozen anymore, so the next time I ended up face-to-face Articuno I just decided to throw a Quick Ball even though it had no status ailments and was at about half health, and amazingly enough, I caught it. That was my first try, too!

Zapdos and Moltres I froze and got to like one hit point, yet they were a huge pain to finally catch.

Dark Shade

It's already too late...
    Years
    Catching Heatran after about 10000000 tries. I was so relieved that I didn't have to spend the rest of my life trying to catch it.

Also, beating Cyrus at Distortion world. I was so close to being defeated at that point and i got a lucky critical hit against him.

Actually, just critical hits in general make me happy. :)

Years
    Discovering that the Poketch in Platinum has a forward button AND a back button. No more accidentally missing the app you want to use and having to go through all of them again. <3

xXI JOE IXx

Catching Cressalia in a quick ball, I was so proud :)

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
    Was Wi-Fi battling my friend last night. The game kept screwing me over by giving him critical hits against me. When we got down to Blaziken vs. Gengar, our last Pokémon, his Gengar was attempting to do the usual strategy by using Hypnosis, followed by Dream Eater to knock me out in one hit. This time, for once, Dream Eater missed, and I had used my most powerful attack which I thought was going to get him down to yellow or red. In that case, he could've easily used Hypnosis again (especially since I'd have to charge the next turn), but to my amazement I got a critical hit and won. :)

Years
    Haha omg...
    On Platinum I was fighting Fantina and she KO'd all my pokemon.We both had one left.She had her Haunter,and I had a Cleffa.For some odd reason,I had taught Cleffa iron tail.I was in the yellow area of my health and I beat Fantina with only Iron Tails D:

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    ^^^^^^^^
    Thats Nice

Always in Platnuim I use Bidoof to Deth Fodder in Fantina's gym but since Haunter can't hit it it winds up on the feild till it struggles it to death XD

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    When I was training my Cleffa, I came across a Shiny Zubat. I was so excited because even though I avidly played Ruby years ago I've never gotten any shinies, even by mere wild encounters.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    Well there was this one time, I was on the way to Snowpoint City, and found a Shiny Golbat on the way. I caught it =)

Another time was when I was in the battle tower. My Toxicroak swept the Tower Tycoon's entire team alone.

Back