• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Those 'Throw your GBC at the TV' moments.

Ciervo Volante

Say WHAAAT?
    Years
    Wild Meowth Appeared!

Meowth: *is shiny* 8D

Go! Seadra!

Me: *accidentally clicks bubblebeam instead of bubble*

Seadra used bubblebeam!

Meowth fainted!

Me: 8D...8l...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2014
    Get my Yellow game into my gameboy
    Looks onto a french pokemon website-->Way to get Mew without cheating
    Yay. Do it
    Failz!
    Try it again
    Failz again!
    I tried it a third time.
    saved just before the moment you can see Mew
    WORKED!

I got Mew in the red
    Pack-->2 Pokeballz
    FAIL ON BOTH
    Shut Down my Gameboy
    Open in back
    As the way to get it end sin Lavender, go to Lavender shop
    Buy 50 Pokeballs
    Return one step before the spot Mew appears
    Save
    Walk onto the spot
    MY GAME GLITCHES
    Instead of Mew, a nerd with no icon appears
    3 lv 22 grimers, had 2 pokes in the 25
    Win, another appears
    Then another
    Then I closed my GBS
    Open it again
    Walk on the spot. NOTHING HAPPENS!
    I had so wanted to destroy my Gameboy...

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Hypno used ThunderPunch!
    It's Super Effective!
    Enemy Dewgong used Rest!
    Enemy Dewgong went to sleep!
    Enemy Dewgong regained Health!
    Hypno used ThunderPunch!
    It's Super Effective!
    Hypno used ThunderPunch!
    It's Super Effective!
    Hypno used ThunderPunch!
    It's Super Effective!
    [Dewgong's health is now down to like 1 HP.]
    Enemy Dewgong Woke Up!
    Enemy Dewgong used Rest!
    Enemy Dewgong went to sleep!
    Enemy Dewgong regained Health!

At this point, I was like "ho ho ho okay, let's do this again and hope for a Critical Hit..."

FIFTEEN MINUTES AND SIX "RESTS" LATER, I WAS SCREAMING IN FRUSTRATION AND WANTING TO CLIMB INTO THE GAME AND THROTTLE PRYCE AND HIS STUPID DEWGONG. I haven't completed the gym yet because I turned my GameBoy off before I used Crush Grip and burst it. This was just like Juan and his stupid Kingdra. BAH. :|||||||||||

ETA; ahahahahahahahahaha!
    Tauros used Strength!
    Critical Hit!
    Enemy Dewgong fainted!
    THAT'LL LEARN YA.

Last edited:

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    arghhh! Facing red and his stupid snorlax! everytime I get close to killing it, it uses rest! >> it makes me go bonkers!

Pokefreak437

is looking for sig. tutorials.
    Years
    Spent all my time playing my Crystal game. Played, and played, and played. Nearly all my Pokemon were high leveled. One day, I go to play my favorite game. Flip on the game and....
    My file was deleted. I was devasted! lol... It was a few years ago, though.

craZ pokefan

BEST POKEMON FAN EVER!
    Years
    one day i wus playing my pokemon silver i caught lugia and i forgot to save before and the power went dead :(
    then when i caught up i saved before i battled him and that time i ran out of pokeballs so i ran
    i wuz only 4 but now im over the age of ten

but now on soulsilver i caught lugia

Hokorashiimesuinu

sinnoh master
    Years
    ok, i was about 4 and i'd stolen the save file on my brothers pokemon blue and i'd just beaten gary, i jumped around with it in my hands and the game froze, i literally cried, and there's the time i completed it in 56 mins (thankyou missingno) and my internal battery ran dry....>.<

ShinySilver

Johto Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    For some reason I wanted to see how high Blissey's HP would go, so after weeks of constant playing I got it to level 100. Saved and turned the game off. The next day I let my bro play it and he started a new game and unwittingly saved it.

zapht

The Family Ghost
    Years
    once i had just caught Luiga (and i was in like first grade so it was a BIG deal :P) and i was so happy i decided to let my baby sister play pokemon. and she was just an infant so she started just pressing random buttons and she hit New Game. and me being so young i didnt know it didnt erase the other save file if you didnt save it again so i just restarted >.<

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    in yellow on my 4th time going through the E4 i (finnaly) got to gary and i was so cocky i desided not to save (big mistake lol) i beat all of garys pokemon except his jolteon, so it was his starter vs. my venusaur. i used solar beam and got critacal hit and Won and then my battery fell out.... i was in 2nd grade i think..... i was so mad..... my brother told me to save so he had braging rights and wouldnt let me forget lol

Jesus of Suburbia

I Wrote Holden Caulfield
    Years
    Somehow cloning my Lvl. 100 Typhlosion, by depositing him n Cianwood's PC then flying to each different city in order, accidentally flying to New Bark town three or four times, trying to discover a new cheat, only to discover it actually worked. I wish I had remembered when and how many times I flew to New Bark. That save file is long destroyed, now. It actually cloned him twice, I had three Lvl. 100 Typhlosions. Most of you won't believe me, but I swear on my life that it's true.

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    3. Whitney. Miltank. Rollout. When I had Quilava and Pidgeotto and an underleveled Geodude.
    I had this exact predicament. I ended u levelling up Pidgeotto. But DANG that fight made me mad! I lost a few times. Ever since then, I've had an OCD of grinding to level 20 before I even leave whatever the first route is. In any Pokémon game.

Micro SD

HubbaBubba
    Years
    Anytime I'm traveling through a cave and encounter about 1000 Zubats in about a span of 3 minutes. There was a couple times that happened and I just turned off the game. It's the most annoying thing...

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Shinies seem to like to come out when you have no pokeballs of any kind. At all! I was on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house in Crystal, and out pops a Red Metapod.

Also, this seems to be a popular thing to complain about. Whitney's Miltank. Whole team of six leveled up to good levels. Knocked out by Rollout.

ThwackX

I dont exist.
    Years
    MILTANKS ROLLOUT. OMFGOMFOGMOGMOFOGMOGFMOGFMOFMOGFMOGFFMOGFMOGFMOGFMOGFMOOGFMMOGFGFMOGFMOGFMOGFMOGFMOOGFMMOGFMOGFGMOFMOGGMOFMOGFMOGFMOGF

bit.trip void

Time cannot e r a s e
    Years
    Trying to capture Kyogre and after wasting 40+ ultra balls on it, it struggles itself to death. I wanted to kill someone at that point.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    - Whitney's Gym and Miltank's Rollout.
    - Wasting 4 Ultra Balls and 6 Great Balls on Lapras and catching it with a Poké Ball.
    - Running out of PP in an important battle and being left with Special Moves.
    - Battling Morty with an Eevee.
    - The Ice Path between Mahogany Town and Blackthorn City (I spent ages on it when I got the game like nine years ago).

Back