• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thoughts on cloning

Is cloning good or bad

• Yes it will save many lives

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • No it is stupid, you only live one life

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • well I'm not for it nor against it

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I would get my animal cloned but not me

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
Years
  • Alot of silly posts in this thread I see "Oh lolz itd be kewl to have a copi of miself nstuff"

But in all seriousness I think the positives out-weigh the negatives a lot. We can potentially save lifes by cloning cells. I seriously don't see why people would be against it.

Sure it is Immoral to some (Some people will always think that For reasons I do not understand) But Like I said before I feel that the positives out-weigh the Negatives and there is a lot of potential in cloning.

The Shadow

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • From now on any post such as kewl I wud clone mi self and destroy evrybody or anything like that is unecceptable. Thanks Happy Dude. And when we clone our clone lives forever it can't die.

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
    Years
  • Cloning opens up a wide variety of possibilities for organ donation; I'm not talking about cloning whole organisms here, but rather, simply cloning single organs for this purpose. If it can be made to be a cheap and quick process, many lives could be saved.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    cloning may be good, so if we die.., we can still continue our lives, however, cloning may copy ourselves completely, but it can't copy our soul. If we die, then we are dead, and we can't just simply *Ahh.., my clone~... Come to me~... It's time I take your place~... Whooo~*.., or maybe we can do that, since a clone has no spirit. *Confused*

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Seriously these responses are still getting stupid. Does anyone here actually know what cloning is? :S

A clone is not a copy of someone
    A clone is not a brainless individual that can be ordered around.
    A clone is not an 'extra life'
    A clone doesn't live for ever or live less than another individual.
    And don't even get me started on that 'spirit/soul' rubbish..

A clone IS an individual. A clone is another organism with identical genes. Compare identical twins/triplets - these are natural clones. It's not as if one is brainless, can't think for itself or doesn't live.

Think of a clone being like a close sibling if anything...instead of some sort of zombie ¬_¬

The Shadow

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Seriously these responses are still getting stupid. Does anyone here actually know what cloning is? :S

A clone is not a copy of someone
    A clone is not a brainless individual that can be ordered around.
    A clone is not an 'extra life'
    A clone doesn't live for ever or live less than another individual.
    And don't even get me started on that 'spirit/soul' rubbish..

A clone IS an individual. A clone is another organism with identical genes. Compare identical twins/triplets - these are natural clones. It's not as if one is brainless, can't think for itself or doesn't live.

Think of a clone being like a close sibling if anything...instead of some sort of zombie ¬_¬

Quoted for truth.

A clone can be a smart person. Probably a smarter person than you if you were cloned.

Years
    • Cloning of one persons genes can provide a child for an infertile couple.

Yet, evolution (to adapt by changing, not necessarily into another species) are better suited with variation of genes, not exact copies. Asexually reproduced organisms tend to grow quickly, and hence, die quickly (it is better to have not loved at all than to have love and lost I always say.) Plus, say you clone the genes of the father to make a child, once he is a teenager, he will look exactly like his father, which would cause some awkward moments.

Though cloning organs to save lives are okay in my opinions.

Jordan.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    I sort of despise cloning (Just something to do with my religon when I think about it).

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Yet, evolution (to adapt by changing, not necessarily into another species) are better suited with variation of genes, not exact copies. Asexually reproduced organisms tend to grow quickly, and hence, die quickly (it is better to have not loved at all than to have love and lost I always say.) Plus, say you clone the genes of the father to make a child, once he is a teenager, he will look exactly like his father, which would cause some awkward moments.

I'm going to credit you there, because if you really are 13, then you just made a very sensible and scientifically evaluated response. Hats off to you there.
    Firstly though, in terms of creating genetic variation, theres not really much difference due to the human control to withstand changes off the environment.
    Theoretically a clone of a working gamete is what would be beneficial- the success rate of in vitro is rather low, but by taking 2 male & female gametes and making multiple clones, the likelihood would be virtually guaranteed.
    You could clone a genetic copy of an adult as well, but there would probably be a 20 odd year age gap to go with it. Some people might want that, if they think that their genes are so great (but are still single).

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    It ain't a sin. I am just saying that creating life like this just does not feel right to me.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • Cloning could be useful if we worked out the moral bugs.

If scientists could grow singular organs in a lab somehow, I would be wonderfully in support of that, though.

Way more useful and less morally wrong, than cloning.

Years
  • I was wondering what you'll might think on cloning. For those of you who don't know it's real. The first animal to be cloned was a sheep name Dolly. Any way what if we got cloned what would you tell your clone to do, do you think it will betray you. So discuss. It would be good to clone if you were about to die and needed another organ. You could get it from your clone.

Wow? Cloning exists?

I've always wanted cloning even over time travel.

Years
  • I'm going to credit you there, because if you really are 13, then you just made a very sensible and scientifically evaluated response. Hats off to you there.
    Firstly though, in terms of creating genetic variation, theres not really much difference due to the human control to withstand changes off the environment.
    Theoretically a clone of a working gamete is what would be beneficial- the success rate of in vitro is rather low, but by taking 2 male & female gametes and making multiple clones, the likelihood would be virtually guaranteed.
    You could clone a genetic copy of an adult as well, but there would probably be a 20 odd year age gap to go with it. Some people might want that, if they think that their genes are so great (but are still single).
    I will reply each sentences by sections.
    1)I suppose you are right about humans' ability to withstand the environment, though a little difference is still a difference :\.
    2)It would be nice if the actions in bold can be administered, though it would not be an exact clone as implied at the beginning of the thread now would it?
    3)A mutated gene that causes slow growth may solve the 20 age gap (just appearance, not counting on enhanced longevity, plus mutation is rare.)

Jordan.

P.S.: I am 13 but my 14th birthday is coming up on the 30th.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Not sure if this was said before but wouldn't cloning stop evolution? With no reproduction, you're using the same genes over and over again. The clone will have the same immunities, allergies, etc, as the original.

P.S.: I am 13 but my 14th birthday is coming up on the 30th.

I'll be here to wish you a happy birthday.

Back