• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

thoughts on marshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Well, it's supposedly has a unique typing and since Dark/Psychic is already a thing it probably isn't that.
    It could be Dark/Fairy though. And it kind of fits its design.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Maybe it'll be a Steel and Ghost type?
    Combination of both mascots' typing!
    It's also wearing what seems to be a ghastly helmet?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Steel/Ghost is already used by other Pokemon tho.

Well well, I know, and then?
    It's just a rumour that it "supposedly has a unique typing", not definitely have one.
    This is a thread we can speculate, instead of telling others you disagreed with their opinions, maybe you can air your own, instead.

From the very limited knowledge that we have (its model, basically), I can only really assume that it's a "base form" of some sort, if that makes sense. Although... that probably would've been revealed along with the rest of the leaks, but I feel like Marshadow has a real body somehow as a form? :s That's about the best I can come up with.

Sounds promising!
    It looks a bit too different from the 2 mascots tbh, and really, I think the sizing is pretty much the same as the leaks of the "smaller" mascots, too.
    Maybe like Hoopa, it'll turn into a bigger, more deadly Pokemon.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Honestly, we like, only just heard about it? That said I don't think it's really smart to jump to conclusion so quickly, I want to see more info about it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2018
    I feel like it's just going to be this gen's mythical pokemon like meleotta and diancie before it, with Zygarde fulfilling the role of the third part of the main legendaries

Years
  • Not thinking too much on its relevance to the plot/other legendaries yet, but it's definitely my new favorite Pokémon. I already had a weakness for small legends and this one is just perfect. ;-;'

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Honestly I saw this concept art for Marshadow somewhere online and thought it looked super epic:
    thoughts on  marshadow

But idk why I expected something like this. Every generation we get a pixie-like Pokemon so I guess Marshadow is this gen's. It looks a lot like Castform, though, and I dunno. Maybe we could have had another smaller pixie legendary and something epic like Marshadow above?

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Honestly, I am kind of disappointed? I was hoping for a scorpion-like creature to tie in with the alchemy themed legendaries, especially since there is a chimera in alchemy with the head of a lion, wings of a bat, and a scorpion tail. What "Marshadow" looks like is an event legandary that will be forgotten in competitive play. :x

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • A mystery still, but I hope it answers the Strange Souvenir conundrum. I mean it does have a bit of semblance to a tiki. It's looking like a fire type though or possibly something else

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I can't say anything about this guy since we only know its sprite and nothing else. I hope it is important to the story somehow... I don't want Marshadow to be like XY's Zygarde :/

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I believe I saw that it comes after Magearna in the Pok?dex which means it's a Mythical Pok?mon. I find it comically ironic that so many fake leaks almost sort of hinged around the idea that Marshadow was going to be this epic legendary with a bizarre Type and act to round out a trio with Lunala and Solgaleo.

I feel if there was another forme to this guy, the dataminers would have found it, just like they found both forms of Wishiwashi and all forms of Oricorio. With this in mind, I feel Marshadow will simply be like our more recent Mythical Pok?mon, which only sport a backstory which serves to promote a movie rather than have any sort of impact in-game.

As for its Type, since I'm not too impressed by the design, I'm fairly indifferent to what it turns out to be.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I believe I saw that it comes after Magearna in the Pok?dex which means it's a Mythical Pok?mon. I find it comically ironic that so many fake leaks almost sort of hinged around the idea that Marshadow was going to be this epic legendary with a bizarre Type and act to round out a trio with Lunala and Solgaleo.

I feel if there was another forme to this guy, the dataminers would have found it, just like they found both forms of Wishiwashi and all forms of Oricorio. With this in mind, I feel Marshadow will simply be like our more recent Mythical Pok?mon, which only sport a backstory which serves to promote a movie rather than have any sort of impact in-game.

As for its Type, since I'm not too impressed by the design, I'm fairly indifferent to what it turns out to be.

iirc, Hoopa-Unbound wasn't revealed until ORAS's datamine, so it's still entirely possible that it'll still get some crazy big form, even if it currently isn't in the game. I do agree that its only significance will be on par with other Mythical Pokemon in that it's not story-relevant at all, and will only be movie-relevant. Alternate formes have been pretty popular among legendaries since Platinum Version so I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Marshadow has more going for it in the future.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    iirc, Hoopa-Unbound wasn't revealed until ORAS's datamine, so it's still entirely possible that it'll still get some crazy big form, even if it currently isn't in the game. I do agree that its only significance will be on par with other Mythical Pokemon in that it's not story-relevant at all, and will only be movie-relevant. Alternate formes have been pretty popular among legendaries since Platinum Version so I really wouldn't be surprised at all if Marshadow has more going for it in the future.
    That's a good point. But even if it gets a new forme in the future, it will still be stuck in this appearance for the entirety of SM. So I guess it's likely to not get its movie until it receives its upgraded form?

Back