• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Thoughts on Nuzlocking?

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
  • Hey all, as everyone else, I cannot wait for ORAS... (Although it comes out on friday which sucks a little bit). I have been waiting for a Hoenn remake FOREVER, and now that it's here, two things come to mind: I am almost done the National Dex on X and Y, and I have played through Hoenn a billion different times.

So, I have been thinking about doing a Nuzlocke, as I have never done one in Hoenn (Imagine that) and I really don't feel like re-catching everything. Is anyone else planning on Nuzlocking ORAS, or doing any other challenge, or do you think it's just a bad idea? I'm really not sure at this point.

Years
  • You should check the Challenge forum, there's plenty of people who are going to do a challenge and there are a lot of varieties in challenges aside from the Nuzlocke challenge.

Me, personally, I'm going to do a challenge, but I'll make up my own rules. I do want to catch every Pokémon even if I won't use them. But for instance I'm going to ban myself from using potions during combat, and not allow myself to use any held items, berries, or stat boosters either. I'm also not going to do Super Training until after the Elite 4, and so on. Just a few things I can do to make my playthrough a little more challenging :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    You should check the Challenge forum, there's plenty of people who are going to do a challenge and there are a lot of varieties in challenges aside from the Nuzlocke challenge.

Me, personally, I'm going to do a challenge, but I'll make up my own rules. I do want to catch every Pokémon even if I won't use them. But for instance I'm going to ban myself from using potions during combat, and not allow myself to use any held items, berries, or stat boosters either. I'm also not going to do Super Training until after the Elite 4, and so on. Just a few things I can do to make my playthrough a little more challenging :)

Super training is virtually useless on your main team after the Elite 4. Unless you can snag a reset bag or you have a bunch of EV decreasing berries.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Super training was fun at first but using a power item + pokerus + horde make it faster. And for the evolution stone the minigames on Global Link give tons of them, they even give upgrade and other items that are used for evolution.

Back