• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Thoughts on Super Training

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
  • What are your thoughts on super training?

I personally like it more than the old one.It never bores me and you are always sure you are doing it right.

You can also get some items such as stardust,evolution stones etc.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    What was the old one...?

I haven't used it that much. I'm still figuring out how all of that works.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    You mean just the old way of EV training? I'm seasoned in that area. I thought you were saying that there was a previous Super Training.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    with this new EV training you can max out your EV before even reaching the first gym, no caps whatsoever. before this gen that is literally impossible outside of cheating. too good lol XD

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I like the concept of the Super training...except for one tiny little detail...I AM LEFT-HANDED!! How am I supposed to use the control functions in the mini games?!

Congrats to all right-handed people in the world. You can play the mini games. GOOD FOR YOU~! *grumble grumble* Stupid Game Freak *grumble grumble*

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2013
    I find it really convenient, since 1) There's a visual graph to help keep track and 2) It makes EV training more fun !

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I like the concept of the Super training...except for one tiny little detail...I AM LEFT-HANDED!! How am I supposed to use the control functions in the mini games?!

Congrats to all right-handed people in the world. You can play the mini games. GOOD FOR YOU~! *grumble grumble* Stupid Game Freak *grumble grumble*

I sympathize, it's much harder for lefties like us. But don't blame Game Freak, it's a social and genetic thing.

I do like the aspect of the game though, it does allow better training control, it was getting impossible to manage and train the old method due to the number of pokemon, and a lack of control. I never worried much about it back then, and just hoped for the best.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I liked the old one better - I haven't even fully understood the new version yet. 3:

By the way.. does anyone know if t he old way has been removed? as in that Pokémon don't recieve any EV points anymore from defeating others?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Only thing that really bothers me about this is that it seems to lack a method of checking how much you've super-trained in one area (except for the graph, but that's not super detailed.) Unless I'm missing something that is.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I like it a lot, it's fun and easy. My only hope is that it'll display if a stat has been maxed, so I don't train more than I need to, since the graph doesn't have exact numbers.

By the way.. does anyone know if t he old way has been removed? as in that Pokémon don't recieve any EV points anymore from defeating others?

Looking at the graph, I'd say that you still get EVs the old fashioned way as well, since I can see that my Pokemon get EVs in stats that I didn't super train.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I like it a lot, it's fun and easy. My only hope is that it'll display if a stat has been maxed, so I don't train more than I need to, since the graph doesn't have exact numbers.

Looking at the graph, I'd say that you still get EVs the old fashioned way as well, since I can see that my Pokemon get EVs in stats that I didn't super train.

Yes it seems that way. Which I now almost pity haha. @_@
    Been messing around with it just now and have understood how it works. So I guess it is something I could get used to.
    I managed to get a reset bag so I am currently doing a proper EV training on one of my Pokemon which had it's EVs all over the place.

I do hope there will be EV berries later on in the game though because I would hate to use a reset bag on some of my other pokémon - My Raichu for example has maxed out her speed and has a fair amount of AP which she won't be able to max due to the EVs floating a bout in other stats. 3: <

I suppose it's not known yet whether the EV berries will be available? 3:

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    I am left handed so doing anything with super training is incredibly awkward, trying to aim with the stylus in my right hand is just uncomfortable and awkward.
    this is literally the one and only complaint i have for this game so far.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
    Years
  • I am left handed so doing anything with super training is incredibly awkward, trying to aim with the stylus in my right hand is just uncomfortable and awkward.
    this is literally the one and only complaint i have for this game so far.

I'm right-handed so I can't really say but.. perhaps it might be easier using your finger?
    At least when using left I find it easier with the actual hand rather than using a tool - in this case the stylus.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Love it, first time I fully trained a pokemon at level 30. Now to find a way to reduce some of the unwanted EVs.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • It's cool. I maxed out my Amaura the second I got it and it still took a decent amount of time (about 90 minutes) but in the end it was well worth it and pretty fun to boot.

The Super Secret Training stages are hard as hell, though.

Hatsuharu

☆ princess of despair ☆
    Years
  • I never payed much attention at all to EV training before, but I've started caring a bit more now that Super Training's in play. Incredibly hard to do for me, being a lefty, but I digress. I'll hopefully get used to it in time.

Years
  • I do think it's a pretty nice feature. I wasn't really well informed about EVs before, but this makes things a whole lot easier. The minigame itself though... it's a little awkward.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I think it's better than it was, koffi~

The previous system was 'hidden' so you had to use scratch paper and pencil. Well, I don't necessarily have the time or patience for all that, so I think this was a much needed application. They may put restrictions on it in the future, but it helps even the playing field against the Pokemon Gods of Japan, koff~

Back