• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Thoughts on the changes in Mauville?

Years
  • I do like the addition of the Mauville Food Court. Only gripe is I wished they also had Triple and Rotation Battle options.

There actually is a triple battle option there, but only during the postgame and for good reason. The Street Thugs who battle you in triple battles are super tough, and have nasty competitive strategies their teams are centralized around, such as a trio of Prankster Whimsicott, Imposter Ditto and even two Lickilicky with a Lilligant that all have Own Tempo, protecting them from the Lilligant's Teeter Dance.

Years
  • They ruined the city imo. I don't like it at all. It was one of my favorites back in RSE :(

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • There actually is a triple battle option there, but only during the postgame and for good reason. The Street Thugs who battle you in triple battles are super tough, and have nasty competitive strategies their teams are centralized around, such as a trio of Prankster Whimsicott, Imposter Ditto and even two Lickilicky with a Lilligant that all have Own Tempo, protecting them from the Lilligant's Teeter Dance.

Oh snap a challenge then? While Rotation Battles (barring the Battle Maison) are relegated to a lone elderly woman in the same city.

It's kinda of a shame Lilycove (which was supposed to be Hoenn's equivalent to Celadon/Saffron, Goldenrod, etc doesn't really feel bigger to compensate.

Years
  • I like the new Mauville City. For a start there's much, much more to do there than the old Mauville. Makes it seem more advanced, which makes sense considering Wattson is the Gym Leader there. Perhaps he rebuilt the city or something? Either way, I am disappointed in the lack of a Game Corner, but I wasn't really expecting one, considering we haven't had a proper one since Platinum (Diamond and Pearl in Europe).

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2021
    The Mauvile in the remakes is many times better than the one in the original. The original, after having seen it in Touhoumon Purple, feels bland and generic. Though something does feel off about Mauvile City being like some giant mall.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    It was really disorientating for me on the first few visits. I couldn't figure out where to go or where anything was, but now after beating the game I think I prefer it to the originals. It's unique and big, just not amazingly structured.

Years
  • Don't even get me started on that. I hate the new Mauville. Personally back in the day playing sapphire and ruby that was my all time favorite city. I loved it. When I first got Alpha Sapphire I was so excited to get back to Mauville until I saw what they did to it. Breeding is one of my favorite things to do but I hate using the path they have now because of the new set up. I would have rather they kept it the same and maybe added some things or made the space bigger or something but still open.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Well, I for one LOVE LOVE LOVE what they did to Mauville! I's like Wattson's dream has come true! =)

was a bit confusing at first, but no worse that Castelia or Lumoise were.

What I am sad about it that there's no game corner =( at least they're not acting like it was never there but... still... >.< Darn you, EU gambling laws!

Guest123123

I like it the most of the region's big cities so far. I especially like the Mauville Hills and rooftop garden.

Back