• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Thoughts on the game?

Years
  • Legends: Arceus has been releasing in many parts of the world! Those who have been able to play, what do you think so far? Has it exceeded your expectations (or not)?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I feel like it's a whole new game you have to get used to with a bunch of new stuff to remember. Not that it's a bad thing it's just something that needs to be learned. Like throwing out your Pokémon instead of a shit ton of balls...lol.

Years
  • Like throwing out your Pokémon instead of a shit ton of balls...lol.

Oh god, this is me lol. I've probably lost like 20 balls at this point throwing them when I meant to send out my Pokémon. Probably never going to completely stop making that mistake. D:

I'm enjoying this game a whole lot. Normally I'm bad at the massive open-world exploration genre and don't enjoy Breath of the Wild/Genshin Impact type of gameplay usually, but this has been incredibly addicting.. and pretty difficult to boot.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My friend and I see it as the Pokémon version of Monster Hunter...lol. And surprisingly I haven't gotten nausea yet like I did with the expansion packs on Sword and Shield. I had a bitch of a time doing those. I could play for maybe 10 mins before I had to put it down same with my friend.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Okay, so, some assorted thoughts from 2 hours in, nothing spoilerish or plot-related but I'm spoilering them because I'm naming moves and other specific things.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I think it's fantastic. I've been running around for two hours doing collection quests without advancing the story. As someone typically impatient and wanting to rush from one game to the next, it delivers and I already feel like this might be the game I accumulate the most time in.

I had no expectations either. Sometimes that makes things better. It's strange because I didn't enjoy Breath of The Wild, yet it does have many similarities.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I haven't really been able to play too much. But there are a few things I am not a huge fan of currently and that is how we switch between pokemon and balls. They could have just made it two different buttons.

Other smalls things is having to manually go into a pokemon's info and teach them new moves. I like we can rotate moves without going to a specific place (I think) but it is annoying we have to go in and do it manually. Same thing with evolving.

I feel like I am going be be annoyed half way into the game as well with constantly throwing pokeballs though and trying to catch so many pokemon. But at least crafting is instant and not the time consuming crap we got with Animal Crossing.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    One thing I'm starting to get annoyed with is how everyone points out that you're the one who fell from the sky. Yes for the millionth time I fell from the damn sky can we just get on with it now.

• First Pokemon game I've enjoyed in over a decade. I have 12 hours in this game already, haven't been able to make it more than 4 hours in a Pokemon game since the original D/P.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm about 8.5 hours in at the moment.

There's some QoL things that the game could really use that there is no reason not to have in a game that released in 2022, like a compass, or a bag satchel that isn't on par with the Gen 1-2 bag. I'm not expecting much from the game's story, world-building/lore, or side content either.

But it's also been more fun and seems like it'll still be more fun than main series Pokemon games have been for the past several years. Some of that almost certainly has to do with the novelty of PL:A, since this is the first time in like 2 decades that there's been a main series game that isn't just a cash-grab rehash of previous ones, so we'll see how long the honeymoon phase lasts. I do also like the more serious+realistic without being edgy tone the game has.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm still just taking my time with this game and enjoying it. Some things are frustrating but that's with any game. One of my favorite things is getting to a high spot and enjoying the breath taking views as if I were there.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    May come around to liking this game in the future, but right now hate it. Just spent 40 minutes or so running left and right around a tree stump throwing balm at an electrically charged monster to calm it down. Lol.

To add: wish I had selected Oshawott as my starter (selected Rowlet). This is mainly to catch those alphas (got 3 so far). But Shinx and Buizel have been getting those alphas quite comfortably. Only got 2 stars at present and most of my pokemon just hit level 20. Floatzel would have been great against that electrically charged monster but won't listen to me as it is level 31 rn.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am at 2 stars now, I think I am almost at three. And while I like playing it, I am also dreading playing it at the same time. I don't know how long it is going to take me to finish it. It is still better than DPPl, but at this point, I can't wait to get back to the normal style of Pokemon Games.

The catching pokemon is just too much... it was like Pokemon Let's Go, it was good at the start, but now it has just gotten annoying. I want to progress, but I don't want to keep throwing ball after ball after ball at the pokemon. It seems like you can easily over level as well.

I hate the limit the bag... I get it.... it is to make it more realistic. but come on.... what is the point of limiting the bag... and then not even organizing the bag into categories.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2022
    I enjoy the fact that Nintendo is finally offering a fresh breath of air and diverts a bit from their usual concept for a main series game.

However, I have big problem with some logical inconsistencies. I know, Pokemon isn't supposed to be realistic, but it's strange that high-tech devices such as Pokeballs are available - and the fact that the professor is a literal saint and gifting the player a total of 70, considering that mass production probably wouldn't exist in such times.

Back