• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THQ's Closure

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I was never a fan of THQ itself. My only real concern is for the future of W40k games. Does anyone know who (if yet anyone) their rights and/or Relic were sold to?
They went over to Sega, which is pretty much a match made in heaven. I mean it was a pipe dream at best, but Warhammer, and Warhammer 40k under the same roof is like the best thing ever.
Pity about THQ though. No more darksider's is the biggest news of this, I doubt we're gonna see anything from it, seeing as how Crytek took in most of Vigil, and the IP isn't being bought by anyone.

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I really wish they fixed the saints row 3 PC first since I can only go to the loading screen and it crashes. I'm glad THQ went from mostly movie based games to really good non licened games.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm really sad to hear about thq.. but also really looking forward to seeing what happens next with Relic and Deep Silver.. and etc. As a developer this really hits close to home.. feels like the past 3-4 years have seen a lot of closures.. and its even more terrible when you know people or have friends of friends that are personally affected. Hopefully they can do what Blackrock did and open up loads of smaller studios with all the talent they have!!

Back