• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Thread approval in forums

dr4g0n12(2)

INSURRECTION!!!!!
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2014
    Why do threads have to be approved by moderators?
    I have seen this in a few forums and it doesn't make much sense to me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I can't speak for other sections, but for challenges, a lot of threads get submitted that are just YouTube channel advertisements, duplicates of existing challenges, and blatant rule breaking threads. It would be a pain and look awfully cluttery in that forum if I had to lock each of those threads instead of go through and approve them. I also have a thread where if a challenge is unapproved, I post why it was unapproved so that the person that posted it knows why it wasn't approved, and how it can be fixed.

I assume in a forum like Emulation though, they get a lot of threads to approve and it would be even more time consuming to have to make a thread and list reasons they aren't approved. And I'm sure they get plenty of rule breaking threads or simple question threads and such.

tl;dr It's basically just to prevent a forum from having unnecessary clutter. Most sections don't go by the approval system anyway, so it's not really a big deal.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • It's pretty much to keep stupid people from making threads lol (not that I'm saying you or anyone else is though).

Though one thing Syd forgot to mention is that if your thread hasn't been approved in 24/48 hours (depending) you can always ask why they haven't approved it or why they're so darn slow. Don't forget that part. Though this kinda only applies to the Emulation section, there are times when the mod takes a break and when they return they kinda miss your thread and it remains in limbo forever, so that's also another time to notify them.

Back