• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thread closed - Ignored by staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jinx-

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    My thread Analyzing Negative Christian Opinions about Pokemon was closed recently even though it does not break a single rule on this entire site, and nether does any of the replies found in the thread.
    So obviously I had to question the mod responsible about why they decided to close this topic even though it hadn't violated any of the posting guidelines.

The PM:
    -Jinx- said:
    Closing my thread about negative Christian opinions on Pokemon was ridicules. You can't just close threads simply because you're not keen on discussion aside from 'LOL do you like fire pkmn or water better?' As a moderator it's not your job to close things you disagree on, it's your job it be unbiased and relay on black and white terms set forth in the rules. I don't see one single rule on this ENTIRE forum that forbids religious discussion. Even though it's obvious to an intelligent person that this thread was not made to attack or provoke religion, but simply discuss negative and misinformed opinions on Pokemon.

You also say you closed it because you can see flame and religious wars coming in a taxi a mile away. In which case you should do you damned job and punish those who are inappropriate and break the rules. Closing a thread full of great, intelligent discussion simply because you don't want to have to deal with the rare event of a flame war is asinine and makes no sense. You can't punish the people who wish to learn and debate issues within the Pokemon community just because you're to lazy to keep the thread clean.

There was no flamming, the original post and the posts following broke no rule, you can not prove in anyway that there will be a flame war. There for it is unfair and incredibly biased of you to even think about locking this thread.

I want it re-opened. And if you're not willing to do this I will gladly bring this issue up with your superiors.

He sent back a reply that still didn't explain why my thread would have been closed even thought it didn't break a rule so I sent him another reply asking to clarify.
    He then proceeded to ask an admin to PM me and their PM was as follows:

bgt said:
    I heard you had an issue with a thread being closed and bringing the issue up to superiority? Mind elaborating?

So I explained the situation to them and told them how my thread clearly was breaking no rules and not even very controversial and in no way should have been closed.

A WEEK later still no response from the admin that had volunteered to help with the sistuation. I figured they had just been busy which is why
    I hadn't pushed it, but after a week I felt that I was just being ignored.
    As well the original mod in question had not returned by PM either.

I decided to send the Admin a small reminder and was sure to check my inbox every day since.

No message back from either so far.

I just have to say this is very unprofessional and childish. My thread never broke a single rule and its obvious that your staff made a mistake by the way they've been ignoring me. I hate to bring this up in public but it seems as if this is the only way to get this issue the attention it deserves.

Also simply closing this thread with one line of a response with further prove my point about the lack of professionalism. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just don't feel this whole problem has been handled correctly.
    Thread closed - Ignored by staff

Here is a screenshot of my sent box. All of the PMs in the this picture have not been replied to.

Improfane

hiatus
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    Religion has no place on a Pokemon forum ever if you ask me. The defence of or the criticism on.

I don't want to read about uninformed minors wittering on about religion and things they do not understand.

-Jinx-

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Religion has no place on a Pokemon forum ever if you ask me. The defence of or the criticism on.

I don't want to read about uninformed minors wittering on about religion and things they do not understand.

But that's the thing, it wasn't a religious discussion. It wasn't a thread about Christianity being right or wrong or anything close to a religious battle. The thread was just about seeing how silly it is for people to think that Pokemon is evil and teaches negative concepts. And to be honest the most religious comment that entire thread got was something along the lines of "Haha I'm a Christian and thats just silly." Now if people get in trouble for stating what religion they follow don't you think thats a bit much?

Not like it really matters. That's not what is being called into question. Now unless the mods want to write a rule about never discussing religion, my thread still broke no rules.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I have to get ready for a class and then study for a midterm, so I can't get back to you tonight, but I will look into this further for you.

That said, I would agree with a thread closure based around "negative" opinions of Chrstianity vs Pokémon--especially when at first glance to the site you linked to shows that it's from 1999 and almost all of the extremist views on that have died out since then. We've had that thread in various forms several times in the past, sometimes with actual religious extremists as the thread openers, and it's never done more than devolve into a flamewar. Religion is a touchy subject and quite frankly, I bet you'll find most forums based around a game rated "everyone" will be reluctant to let a thread like that stay.

Now, since we've had similar threads (both Pokémon-related and purely religious) many times in PC's history, I hope you can understand where some mods won't leap into an explanation of why they're closing the thread--although I do wish someone would have been able to get back to you much sooner than this about the whole ordeal. Can't say I approve of the lack of response you've been getting.

Anyway, since I am really pressed for time, I have to end it there. I would prefer to keep this private so I'm going to close this thread in the mean time. Either PM me and I'll respond when I can, or I'll PM you either today or tomorrow and hopefully we can come to an understanding of sorts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back