• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thread Deleted

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Well, saving normally would work, as long as the place you saved at isn't inaccessible when the changes are applied, because then you'd be stuck. If you use save states, you can't really see the changes, in your map for example, unless you exit the map and enter it again, by warp or connection. However if you edit the events of a map, some warps won't be accessed if you load a state directly to that map. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean, but the quickest and safest way is to just use save states to save in a house or a pokémon center that you won't edit. Once you get out of the building all changes should be visible.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Just to be clear, by restart, do you mean close Virtual Boy and open it again, or do you mean delete your save file? If the former, yeah, I think you have to. If the latter, then no. Save, close the game, do the edit and load the game again.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    You just have to reset/open your ROM again to see the changes, but you can still load the in-game save or save states, you don't have to play through everything all the time.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Some people have already told me to save state but that's really is useless since it won't update the new things that I have done to the rom.

If you saved your save state on the same map/area where you've done your changes, then yeah, you won't see the change until you leave that map and return.

Back