• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

threads being closed

Years
    2 threads ive posted now that have been closed - and i have no idea 1 - one was asking about pokemon platinum compared to d/p and it got closed after 2 replies - with a confusing answer as to why
    and the 2nd was me asking if there are any other husky owners on the board - n was closed because its tooo specific!? i dont understand why - why is it so wrong to see if there any1 out there with the same breed of dog as yourself!? - its not like im discriminating about other breeds i just wanted to ask is all

can any1 explain why this is the way things work? im confused

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    The first thread you mentioned was locked because it was an isolated question with little discussion about the game itself. It properly belongs in the Help Thread located at the top of the forum. Other forums also have a similar thread at the top, such as the "Quick Questions" thread in B/W and the Competitive Battle Center. Generally, if there is only one answer to the question (and no opinion / speculation / discussion or the like, then it will always belong in these types of threads.

The second one is simply because it doesn't comply with the rules of Other Voting Polls. The question you posed was indeed too specific. Plus, since it was a yes / no question, it violates that rule too. A better question would have been "What kind of dog do you have / do you want?" since more members can partake in the poll.

edit I also noticed that you posted a new poll in Other Chat, which is not the proper place to put threads of those kinds. Don't remake it in Other Voting Polls (it will be moved there by a moderator); however, in the future, you should try to put poll questions in OVP and reserve OC for longer discussions.

Years
    its not really a yes or no question tho imo - people can say if they have a husky or other similar breed n tell me about them add pics if they want n stuff - also i didnt post it in the poll section as it was a poll it was a general chat question it was moved to the poll section

oh well sorry ive made a more general thread now

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    "Do you own a husky?" is definitely a yes / no question. It can only be answered "yes" or "no". The question you're implying is "Do you own a husky? If not, what other type of dog do you have?" Still, "What kind of dog do you want / have?" is still better than both of them.

Do NOT post those types of threads in Other Chat. It properly belongs in Other Voting Polls because it is a poll. Other Chat is only for lengthy discussions and debates.

Back