• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Three Words: Full Metal Alchemist.

Years
  • Watched all of the episodes, read the manga up to date (53 chapters), haven't seen the movie yet...

It's an awesome anime and it really shines throughout though after Episode 25, it kind of wanders around but it's still great. I prefer the manga though because it's the "real" storyline but the anime is cool, too... just not as good as the manga...

Years
  • that's my favorite anime ever! it has a great storyline (i love how people in the story's pasts are intertwined) and each episode has at least a little bit of humor in it. it's awseome! XD

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • Read the manga up to 41... Seen all episodes...and seen the movie! It was pretty good!

Yeah, I love it. But not how popular it's gotten recently... it used to be really rare to find an FMA fan, and it used to be a pain to get the episodes.... now it's too easy.

I can't even watch them on Adult Swim, as I am English and that channel doesn't air outside the US

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    I've seen most of the episodes, a mix of subbed and dubbed. I've read up to 40 chapters of the manga, and am currently looking around for the movie.

In other words: Love it. You don't see a lot of anime like Full Metal Alchemist. It's got a smooth mixture of diffrent genres, doesn't lag on, and I can go on. <3

Controller Freak

.:Trainer Card Collector:.
    Years
  • The reason for the spike in popularity is probably because FMA has shown up on Cartoon Network latenight. That is when I first saw it and I've been hooked ever since.

Yeah, I'm love the humor. For awhile, I had two of the quotes composing my signature. *Sigh* Hughes, I loved thee! (That episode made me cry so much.)

P.S. Try your nearest Best Buy in the Anime section and you should find some episodes to buy and maybe the movie too.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    My favorite episode is definately episode 7 (the one with the father making his daughter and dog into a chimera) and 37 (the one with Armstrongs hot sister XD)

I havent seen the movie yet. I'll try to download it right now.

By the way, did they dub the whole series yet?

Years
  • I've been a fan of FMA since it appeared, it was one of the better animes of 2003 and 2004.
    I've been trying to get ahold of the movie, though all I've managed to find was a cam rip, which I refuse to watch.
    You made a mistake on the title, and it's quite a common one. The show is Fullmetal Alchemist and not Full Metal Alchemist.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    I've been a fan of FMA since it appeared, it was one of the better animes of 2003 and 2004.
    I've been trying to get ahold of the movie, though all I've managed to find was a cam rip, which I refuse to watch.
    You made a mistake on the title, and it's quite a common one. The show is Fullmetal Alchemist and not Full Metal Alchemist.

The dub is Full Metal Alchemist. The true one is Fullmetal Alchemist

Years
  • Kenshin11212 said:
    My favorite episode is definately episode 7 (the one with the father making his daughter and dog into a chimera) and 37 (the one with Armstrongs hot sister XD)

I havent seen the movie yet. I'll try to download it right now.

By the way, did they dub the whole series yet?

what?! how can you like episode 7?! it was sooo sad!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • FMA is good but 90% of the fans like it for the wrong reasons...but I won't get into that, as much as I want to. To add to the current discussion, Night of the Chimera's Cry was emotionally scarring, that's why it was so beautiful. No other episode of anything has ever had the power to leave me depressed for days like that. What happened was perfect, it was so unexpected until it happened, then it was so obvious. I love to be blindsighted like that when I'm watching something.

Years
  • eh, i still think you guys are weird for loving extremely sad episodes.

i mean, i don't hate the episode, it's just an episode i wouldn't want watch over and over again, like other episodes.

Years
  • moko said:
    eh, i still think you guys are weird for loving extremely sad episodes.

i mean, i don't hate the episode, it's just an episode i wouldn't want watch over and over again, like other episodes.
    Well, I guess you wouldn't be so thrilled with the upcoming new episodes they're showing in America then... ;P

Back