• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Thunder thighs

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Do you find this term to be a compliment or insult for women with big thighs?

Years
    so this isn't about Chun-Li?
    I don't know. Being a female myself and rather...meaty thighs, I've hated the term when I would try to dress up and someone would say it. It hurts a tad.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't think I have ever heard this term legitimately directed at anyone, ever. Personally it's such a silly phrase it'd be hard to take seriously as an insult; it sounds more like just goofy teasing. I do certainly have more mass in the thigh area than most other areas but if anyone actually calls attention to that it's in a complimentary way. Ladies got curves, yo.

Years
    I think it's a compliment. Don't know why the rest of the world sees it as an insult. I mean, thunder has been personified as a god by most civilizations, so the meaning is akin to possessing godly or badass thighs. Maybe that's because I'm partial to thicker legs but whatever.

pkmin3033

Well, I've never heard it used as a compliment before...although I suppose it could be a compliment for an Olympic sprinter or something. It's not something I would ever say if I was trying to compliment someone, though...it doesn't really have any negative connotations to me, but it's used as derogatory so often that unless you went out of your way to explain yourself it would almost always be perceived as an insult by the person you directed it at...and it's easier just to give a different, less open-to-interpreation compliment.

Years
    I think it's a compliment. Don't know why the rest of the world sees it as an insult. I mean, thunder has been personified as a god by most civilizations, so the meaning is akin to possessing godly or badass thighs. Maybe that's because I'm partial to thicker legs but whatever.

Interesting interpretation. However, my understanding is that the term comes from the loud stepping caused by larger women who have said thighs. Definitely not a compliment.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I've have huge thighs\calves (toe walking kind of does that) and I find the term funny in sort of a tongue in cheek way. I think people who complain about it need to chill out and get out of other people's preferences. I mean its still an insult but honestly? If you're flipping out over that then maybe that's the least of your problems...

I mean, if you have large thighs and you get offended that's different and you determine what you find offensive but frankly dwelling on one thing hurts more than its worth. I've had my fair share of absolutely scathingly horrible insults in my life for things beyond my control and frankly the best way to deal with it is to not give it any value, and go back to those who really care about you.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I wouldn't say thunder thighs in itself is an insulting, but keep in mind that slender thighs are part of the ideal in conventional beauty, it's probably not a good idea to go around pointing out women's thighs being thunderous. Sure some people like bigger thighs, but back in Ancient Rome, a big nose and baldness were considered attractive and perhaps some women still do find those things attractive, but I don't think many men would take too kindly to people talking about their big nose or hairline.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    Honestly, I've never heard anyone use this term.

Now that I have, it's something I wouldn't pay attention to, and I don't see how it's insulting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have one rule that I use with any term/slang like this:

If someone uses it to describe themselves and you know they are comfortable with other people using it with them, then okay.

Any other situation then just don't use it. Simple. In public? Don't use it. Don't know somebody that well? Don't use it.

KentuckyFried

The World Needs More Trubbish
    Years
    If a woman has big thighs, it probably means she does a lot of squats. Which probably means she has ripped leg muscles. Which probably means that she could shatter your knee with one kick, no steel-toed boots required.

Which probably means, don't tell a woman she has thunder thighs. She already knows.

Probably.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I'm sure I've heard people call guys it too. I'd never use it one anyone, cause I feel most people would take it as an insult over a compliment.

Nakala Pri

For me, personally, I wouldn't care. I'm in great shape so their comment would be irreverent. xD People who have nothing better to do then make rude comments are worthless to me and most likely the world. :P

Of course, if someone said that at my friend or sister, I'd say something snooty like 'Oh, and you don't?'. I'm not really one to let things slip. >:^D

Years
    I'm not even very familiar with this term to be honest, but if I were a girl I don't think it's something I would be offended by. :P

Back