• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Tier Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Sorry if this is in the wrong part!, I posted this in here because it's the newest game out to the public,

Anyway... I think smogon should change there tier's. there are a few Pokemon in UU that should be in OU and vise versa.

Take Mesprit, that should be in OU it has a higher base stat total than Azelf,
    Azelf just outclasses it offensively but Azelf is frail Mesprit is not...im not saying Azelf should be taken out, Im saying Mesprit should be considered, Uxie can stay in UU...

Miltank should also be a consideration although its somewhat outclassed by Snorlax Miltank has one thing Snorlax doesn't ...speed!

Tentacruel should be moved to UU sure it can make a pretty good special wall but isnt that what Blissey is for?, although Tentacruel has speed that Blissey doesn't

What are you opinions for Tier changes ?

Perriechu

Years
  • Suicune should be Uber! Or atleast BL. I fought one once and it was unstoppable.

This doesn't make sense :S, you say you want Suicune in Uber or BL your either upgrading it, or downgrading it, BL is Borderline which is below OU Suicune's current tier.
    Suicune is not as threatening as it was in R/S now it's outclassed by other Bulky waters.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Oh, sorry, I thought BL was between OU and Uber. My bad.

And if Garchomp and Salamence are in Uber then all dragons should be in Uber, especially Kingdra, since it's only weakness is dragon, while Garchomp and Salamence actually are weak to fast ice types like a choice scarfed Weavile... or just Weavile in general!

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Yeah, well I understand that Garchomp is in Uber mostly because of his beast Attack and HP and good Speed AND stab to Earthquake but Salamance should'nt atleast

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Could someone please explain what STAB is?

Same Type Attack Bonus. When a pokemon uses an attack that's the same type as the pokemon itself, it gets a x1.5 damage bonus relative to the attack's base power and the pokemon's (sp.) attack stat.

I'm no expert on competitive battling, but I'm pretty sure Tentacruel is OU for the same reason as other bulky waters. He makes a good wall. He's also capable of absorbing the opponent's toxic spikes and then setting up his own for stall teams and using rapid spin to clear away the opponent's spikes/stealth rock. One can argue that Starmie is a better Rapid Spinner, but she's better off attacking and isn't quite durable enough to do both tasks

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
  • Yeah Tentacruel is OU as it's a sturdy bulky water that can prevent traps :) . I actually used Typhlosion in my last competetive team (bear in mind that I stopped battling at that level a couple of years ago, he was UU then I think) but now he's a NU. I actually thought that with a tough Eruption, Overheat, Earthquake and HP Grass/Ice, a Scarfed Typhlosion was a pretty decent lead - he usually took out one or two Pokémon on a good day.

Suppose Stealth Rock cripples Eruption :\ . I hate Stealth Rock, it made some cool Generation 1 favourites such as Charizard, Moltres and Articuno pretty much useless :( . All are NU now, booooo.

Perriechu

Years
  • Yeah Tentacruel is OU as it's a sturdy bulky water that can prevent traps :) . I actually used Typhlosion in my last competetive team (bear in mind that I stopped battling at that level a couple of years ago, he was UU then I think) but now he's a NU. I actually thought that with a tough Eruption, Overheat, Earthquake and HP Grass/Ice, a Scarfed Typhlosion was a pretty decent lead - he usually took out one or two Pokémon on a good day.

Suppose Stealth Rock cripples Eruption :\ . I hate Stealth Rock, it made some cool Generation 1 favourites such as Charizard, Moltres and Articuno pretty much useless :( . All are NU now, booooo.

Moltres is UU just saying :) But I see your point about Stealth Rock, hoopefully there'll be some Ability to prevent Moves like that soon enough :D
    I mean Charizard has sweeping potential and Articuno has walling Potential just SR gets in the way Dx

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There're people betting that GenV will introduce Stealth Ice and perhaps Stealth Metal, and setting one up will override any stealth material you opponent has laid out. XD

Perriechu

Years
  • I hope they don't ;-; . I want them to bring out an Ability or an Item that can somehow
    Either negate, Disable or destroy field hazards

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    The tiers aren't just 'oh, this pokemon is causing problems, let's move it up a notch', or 'this pokemon is bad, let's relegate it'. The tiers are based on usage as well. Cressialia is a fine example. It was a top notch wall, one of the top OU pokemon, that got relegated as people started to counter it. It fell into UU, and dominated, so it was shoved into BL. As not many people use it in OU, thanks to Scizor and Tyranitar, not to mention Rotom-A does a better job than it thanks to more attacking power off the bat, it stays in BL. I'm happy with the tiers as they are.

@dragonomega: Clefable Magic Guard you say?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well, tbh this section is more for HGSS discussion rather than tier changes for smogon. =p Hence am going to close (as I don't how how this'd hold up in the Pokémon Strategies and Movesets section) - I guess just check out the Q&A thread there (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194832) or ask a mod of that forum section if you want to remake this thread there first, I suppose.

(Although tiers will change anyways once 5th gen rolls in).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back