• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ties of love and Friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    To tell the truth, Oni, I imagined an ending way before the final battle started.

Red dived into the vortex, got Green out, but he himself didn't. Now that kinda sounded like a real sacrifice to Green. XP

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Dont forget me oni!!
    cant wait for your next one ^^

Years
    I've already started it and I decided that it will be two parts. ^_^

Anyway, here's a treat. Part 1 of my character analysis.

Gary

Appearance:
    Though Gary, the protagonist, might look like his father, Green, his personality is most close to his mother, Yellow. Gary?s appearance was one thing that always made my mind at war. I always wanted Gary to have Green?s hair color but his bangs would look a lot like his mother. Nevertheless, he ended up having Green?s spiky, brown hair. His eyes were another part of his body that I always thought off. I wanted him to have deep blue eyes so that he would be easily love unlike Green?s sharp eyes. But since I don?t know Yellow?s *official* eye color, I crossed out blue eyes. (Yellow is always portrayed to have blue eyes.) His clothes were Green?s first outfit. Later in the story, he wears Green?s Leaf Green outfit.

Personality:
    I wanted Gary to have Yellow?s personality. That personality of never giving up and being very determined really spiced up the story! (sorta?) Unlike Green?s personality, (whom some predicted him to have), he?s neither cold nor showing no emotion. In fact, he shows a tremendous amount of emotion. I intended him to be na?ve but I made him a little bit more na?ve than what I planned him to be.

Loves:
    Originally, I wanted Michelle to end up with Gary. Seeing that Michelle might be his opposite, they might come together. Michelle uses her personality as some sort of cloak to hide her feelings for Gary. Then, I intended Melissa to have a small crush on Gary. But since Melissa has only a minor role in the story and a love triangle would make the story a bit more interesting, I kicked Melissa out of the way and created Emily. At first, Emily was placed there to replace in Melissa?s place. But as I was writing, I realized that Emily was actually a cute and innocent character that would be a great soul mate for Gary. So, I switched her place with Michelle and made Emily close to Gary. Michelle would then have the secret crush.

Team:
    Gary?s team composes of Pok?mon that were present in Green?s old team. Namely, a Charizard (Nicknamed Blaze?stereotyped nickname), an Alakazam (Nicknamed Abby since he got it as an ?Abra.?), a Pidgeot (Nicknamed Sage since I took out the ?ge? out off Pidgey.), and a Scizor (Nicknamed Damian since Damian sounds like a menacing name?refer to ?The Omen?). Unlike Green, Gary nicknames his entire team. The rest of Gary?s team (A Milotic and a Steelix) were just placed there as fillers.

Powers:
    Readers might think that Gary inherited his powers. Actually, Toshin gave his primary power, seeing visions of the past, to him. The forest spirit blessing (able to heal, read minds of Pok?mon) seems to be passed down to him. I intended Gary to obtain all of those powers but instead, I only gave him the power to heal, which was quite handy in his journey. Actually, I never really explained how Gary was able to gain part of the forest spirit blessing.

Family and Age:
    I didn?t want Gary to have a last name. Unlike in my other story, Call of Dragons, the main character there has a last name (Dennis Oak). If I ever made Gary have a last name, it would be Gary Oak, (gee, doesn?t that sound familiar?) but actually?I didn?t want people to know this?but?I have to confess. Green and Yellow aren?t married in my story. Yes, everyone?it was an accident! (I?m an evil-minded writer I know?but I wrote more evil things in Call of Dragons). So, if both of them aren?t married to each other, Gary doesn?t have Oak as a last name. So, in that case, he would have Yellow?s last name?which is? (del Bosque Verde)?kind of weird to say. (Gary del Bosque Verde?) Of course, everyone knows Yellow?s real name (Amarillo del Bosque Verde?note that Amarillo also means Yellow in Spanish.) Gary is eleven years old in the story. Note that Yellow is 29 while Green is 31.

Miscellaneous:
    I wanted Gary to have his name as Gary because it?s the name of Green?s anime counterpart. Seeing that Gary looks a lot like Green, he seems to deserve that name. (However, the attitude is another story.)

In Ties of Love and Friendship, Makoto misinterprets Yellow when she was young when he asked what her name was. Seeing that Yellow was three years old at that time, she couldn?t pronounce Amarillo. So, Makoto assumes that when little Yellow was voicing the first syllable of Amarillo, he thought that she was trying to say ?Amy.? Later on, I used Amy as the name of Yellow?s daughter in two of my stories.

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    LoL

This is cool, are you going to do a little BIO for all the charecters??
    I kind of just noticed that Gary didnt get Yellow's other power ^^;;
    but the story moves along well enough with out it...

the name "Amy" apeares in alot of your fanfics oni. XD

Years
    More Character Analysis!

Michelle
    Appearance:
    Michelle has blonde hair and blue eyes. Typical girl. Typical misinterpretation. If you haven?t guessed it yet, Michelle and Nick are Ruby and Sapphire?s kids. Yes. That?s true, folks. When I wrote the story, I had no clue that Ruby had black hair. So, if combining brown and white?you get?yellow? Her jacket resembles that of Sapphire?s trainer outfit but it?s open?but she wears clothes under it! She wears pants?so yeah.

Personality:
    I consider Michelle to be the most dynamic character in the story. You can just imagine. This girl, who yells at his brother all the time and would rampage if she lost battles, would actually confess her love to Gary. Her personality has the most changes. First of all, her personality changes the most when Nick defeats her in a battle. She cries instead of yelling at Gary or her brother. So, Gary does his best to comfort her and she ends up hugging Gary. (which used to be part of my grand master plan! *wink, wink*) Later on in the story, she returns but she seems to have kept her old personality when she challenges Marina to a battle of two against one, Gary on her side. (Again, a part of my old plan). She looses and approaches Marina and slaps her. She then runs away and Marina follows her. The rest soon follows both of the girls. The most tremendous change was that she ended up staying in Celadon city. When she returned, she just matured!

Loves:
    As I said before, Michelle used to be my pair up for Gary. Instead, she gets switched with Emily. She actually confesses her love to Gary in Cinnabar Island, which totally ripped apart the group. Gary becomes confused and Michelle tells her that Emily loves him, too. (?I know, I know. They?re just kids. I should?ve made them older.) Gary, not believing this, ends up arguing with her. He actually considers Michelle and Emily as friends (bad idea since it didn?t just upset one girl. It upsets BOTH!).

Team:
    Michelle?s team consists of mainly Hoenn Pok?mon except for her Blastoise that she gains in the lab. She also has a Blaziken that she used to keep as a pet in Hoenn (as a Torchic) but she manages to get them to Kanto.

Family and Age:
    Michelle, along with her brother, Nick, are both ten years old. They started training younger and their parents forced them to go to Kanto instead of traveling in Hoenn (the reason is unknown but I?m thinking they?re having a honeymoon *snickers*). Michelle and Nick mention about their grandfather who is a renowned professor in Hoenn and another grandfather who is a gym leader. Don?t ask me for Ruby and Sapphire?s age. It will give you nightmares. Not much is known about Ruby and Sapphire?s current state during the story.

Miscellaneous:
    Nick and Michelle fight a lot. Since Michelle was always an aggressor, she mostly wins. Like her mother, Michelle likes to battle a lot. However, she doesn?t seem to win a lot of battles.

Nick
    Appearance:
    He basically looks and dresses up like Michelle except that he has shorter hair.

Personality:
    Nick is the most mature thinker of Gary?s friends. Unlike his sister or parents, I created Nick?s personality out of the blue. Nick handles most of his problems wisely. Unlike Michelle, he ended up being a static character, meaning that his personality didn?t change.

Loves: Nick ended up having love at first sight with Marina. Though Michelle wasn?t suspicious at first, the kiss that he gave Marina when she decided to stay conveyed suspicion. Later on, Marina actually kisses Nick back when he was possessed. After that, there isn?t much love hints between the two. If you think they broke up, you?re wrong.

Team:
    Like Michelle, Nick has Hoenn Pok?mon in his team. He traded his Milotic for Gary?s Magneton. Aside from the Magneton, he also has a Venusaur. As a pet, he kept a Mudkip, which later, was unleashed, as a Swampert.

Age and Family:
    Same thing as Michelle. No, I?m not giving away Ruby and Sapphire?s age.

Miscellaneous:
    The two fight a lot and since Nick is more mature, he always resorts to appeasement. Unlike Michelle, Nick doesn?t like engaging in combat. But he wins easily in battles.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    Nice. *Attempts drawing of Gary, and Yellow when she's three years old XD

Years
    Marina:
    Appearance:
    If you look at it, Marina?s outfit is a merge between Gold and Crystal?s. I planned her to have goggles at first but in my edit version, I took them off. Marina shares similarities to her mother only, she doesn?t style her hair like her mother?s old hairstyle.

Personality:
    Marina gains her father?s desire in battle, and her mother?s calm and cool demeanor. Unlike the other characters, Marina?s personality doesn?t stand out much except when she first appears. She used to have a deep loathing feeling against Emily (who coincidentally, is Silver?s daughter. And Silver is Gold?s rival). However, she overcomes that feeling and accepts her.

Loves:
    Like what I said before, Marina and Nick are a case of love at first sight. After the kiss scene in Seafoam Islands, however, there weren?t much scenes of them hugging or kissing. (For goodness sake, they?re kids!!!).

Team:
    Marina?s team consists of highly evolved and high-leveled Pok?mon. She carries the three evolved forms of the Johto starters along with her but she gave her Feraligatr away to Emily. She?s best known for defeating her father with a mirror coat in the Johto Tournament Finals.

Family and Age:
    Marina is eight years old. Crys is her mother and Gold is her father. She has a baby brother, Kenta, who is barely a year old. Crys and Gold are both 27 years old.

Miscellaneous:
    You might know that I named the siblings Kenta and Marina after Gold and Crystal?s anime counterparts, Kenta and Marina. Note that Marina is child prodigy. She?s a born genius and she defeated the *good* Elite Four when she was seven. That?s also when Kenta was conceived. (Oh?why did I just say that?)

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I can't wait.Great bios...I'm sorry I haven't been on!My computer won't go to PC!I'm on my grandma's right now...

Years
    Last part of my character analysis... XD

Emily:
    Appearance:
    The most distinct thing about Emily is that she shares the same eyes as her father. She has silver eyes. However, when she was younger, she was often teased by the neighbor kids, thus, she becomes shy and easily afraid. Her mother, Blue, always wanted to see her silver eyes, but Emily insisted on hiding them. Thus, when we first meet her, she was actually wearing contact lenses. Her constant nightmares of the cold and darkness make her wear thick clothes. Eventually, she faints from the weather when Gary travels south because of her clothes.

Personality:
    Emily didn?t inherit her parent?s personalities. She isn?t self-centered or sassy. She ends being shy and cute at the same time. Emily doesn?t like to talk to anyone else but Gary since he?s the only that she fully trusts. Gary was also the one that she believes would lead her to her father. Emily often has nightmares of darkness or the cold. She fears that she would be lost in the dark or would end up in the cold without wearing anything (thus she wears a lot of dark, thick clothes). Gary was the first person she met to actually comfort her of her nightmares (outside of her home). So, she?s always attached to Gary no matter what. She would be clinging to Gary?s sleeve or holding his hand. Thanks to Gary, however, she opens up to everyone in my sequel.

Loves:
    Emily?s love for Gary grows over time. She always wants to be close to him no matter what. Every time Gary would comfort her or make her feel better, she would usually think of Gary more. Though she became silent when Gary told her that he didn?t love her and considers her as a friend, she actually made Gary love her back. The funny part is that she still doesn?t know that Gary loves her now.

Team:
    Emily only owns one Pok?mon?her Dragonair. Like her mother and father, she stole it. However, later in the story, she gains Marina?s Feraligatr.

Family and Age:
    Emily is nine years old. Outside of her true nature, she acts like a shy little girl and refers to her parents as ?mommy? or ?daddy.? Though inside, she?s very moody. Blue is 31 in my story and runs a trainer shop. Silver on the other hand, still couldn?t remember his age. Also, like Green and Yellow, Silver and Blue aren?t married.

Miscellaneous:
    Emily has the most complex personality in the story. One chapter, she?s very shy. In another, she talks like a regular girl. In another, she becomes a cheerful girl. Emily is also the only character whom I based her looks on a manga character. I based her to look a lot like Zefie from .hack//Legend of the Twilight. Except that she has red hair and silver eyes?

Cyan Goggles

Be-Goggled Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    heh. um,why can silver figuor out his age though?He could do it by saying he's bot 12,but he's not 85.Right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back