• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tigerlily says hi! ^^

Years
  • Well hello hello everybody! ^^

Hiii! Im Tigerlily. If you must shorten it rather call me Lily than Tiger because Tiger has quite masculine sound. :P

My first contact with Pokemon was with Pokemon Blue version on Gameboy Color. In fact that was my dear childhood game. My best friend had Pokemon Red so we battled and exchanged pokemon together. Back in those days it happened with a linkcable, omg... :'D
    Great memories, no doubt. Good times, good times! ^^ Some well spend hours xD

I saw at the school the boys of the class were also playing Pokemon and battling with each other. How I wished I had the courage to walk to them and challenge them! But I was such a shy little girl and not very popular one either.

Another Pokemon memory from my childhood was when my best friend and I participated this event in Finland where they were giving Mew. We quequed for hours to get our own Mews and it was such a great experience to finally receive one. I sure hope somehow some way I will be able to get that Mew again!

So few years ago I bought myself an used Gameboy and Pokemon Blue to timetravel back in those dear memories. Sure enjoyed of that nostalgia trip! So I guess you can say it I am returnee! :)

I knew there was huge amount of new pokemon. I had seen some of them and to me most of them just looked damn ugly. Couldnt accept them as for me there was only 151 pokemon, the REAL pokemon, that's how I put it.

But after finishing my childhood game it left me wanting more. So I played Soul Silver for a while. Never finished it though. Playing on computer just wasnt the same. So got myself Nintendo 3DS and Pokemon X next (and I also have Alpha Saphire ready waiting for me^^).

My first mission will be completing my Dex. What can you do when you have been already brainwashed in childhood with "Gotta catch 'em all!" xD

So keeping an eye on that mission I joined here. :3

And oh maaaan! Sooo much has changed since those days! ~_~{D:}
    Im sooo confused! I come here and people talk about like their BREEDING, SHINY POKEMONS and IDEAL STATS. Im LOST! o_O Say wuuut!?? What are these mysterious shiny pokemon? How exactly do you breed pokemon? Oh dear.

At this point I just have to accept my status of being complete and total NOOB. :'D
    Hopefully I get the hang of it soon enough. Now it sure feels like an impossible task.

Years
  • Nice well-written intro there. Anyways, welcome aboard Lily!

Reading what you said, it appears you have quite a history with Pokemon. I was into Pokemon since the beginning but didn't play a game officially until after 3rd Gen had already started, and I had gone on to play every generation since then and seeing how much the franchise has changed was always such an experience to witness. Are you excited for 7th Gen and Sun & Moon by any chance? I've seen all the news so far including the leaks from over the weekend and it's looking to be a perfect game.

Hopefully you'll enjoy the sights of PC and don't hesitate to ask fellow members if you want to talk or have questions.

Back