• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Til' death do us part

Sirfetch’d

At some point in a lifetime not all, but most people decide to get married and maybe start a family. What are your thoughts on marriage? Would you like to at some point in life get married or do you want to be single?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm a big fan of marriage - it signifies your undying bond with each other and is just a great way to express your commitment and dedication to them in an utterly romantic manner. It's a celebration of your love as a couple and I think there's nothing more romantic than that; I certainly intend to get married. I can understand some people not wanting to due to costs/not liking parties/gatherings in general, but I think the act of vowing your complete dedication to someone in such a symbolic way is an incredible act that everyone should have the chance to experience.

Would you like to at some point in life get married or do you want to be single?
    You can be with someone your whole life and never marry them, it's becoming increasingly common for some reason, but it's not something I'd ever want to do.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Personally I always found marriage to be an unnecessary waste of cash but if it is something my lady wants in the future then sure I'll bite the bullet to make her happy. I just hope my wallet will have some cash in it when all is said and done though.

Sirfetch’d

You can be with someone your whole life and never marry them, it's becoming increasingly common for some reason, but it's not something I'd ever want to do.

This is what I basically agree with. I could not be in a relationship with someone knowing that marriage wasn't a possibility because I simply want to be married someday. I don't know why I am so eager to do so, but like you said, it signifies the bond between two people and I guess that just means a lot to me which makes me look forward to being married someday. I do understand that it is a big expense and would deter some people, but I can look past that because the bond that would be shared would overpower any amount of money that would be spent.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I would love to get married some day. If I find the right girl, there isn't a way I'm not marrying her. Of course, she would have to get over my strange addiction to pokemon first.

Sirfetch’d

I would love to get married some day. If I find the right girl, there isn't a way I'm not marrying her. Of course, she would have to get over my strange addiction to pokemon first.

She could have a Pokemon addiction too! I say that because I know personally that whomever I marry, they would have to at least share a good amount of interests as me so that we would get along much better and there would be a decreased chance of divorce in the future. I know that there will be disagreements on things in a marriage, but I feel that the more you have in common with a person, the less disagreements there will be.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I definitely plan to get married, it plays a major role in my beliefs/faith. I have a feeling it's going to be difficult though, I just have to be patient.

Years
  • Whilst I don't believe marriage is a necessity, I'm the sort of guy who would want to get married one day simply because it is the biggest sign of commitment to one another we can give.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I definitely want to get married someday. Standing there with my sweetie while all dressed up and saying "I do." Heeee <3
    It's very romantic in my eyes and is a big sign of affection. "I want to spend my whole life with you." That's just so cute!

Of course there is nothing wrong with being a couple and not getting married but for me personally, I'd much rather get married.

Years
  • I would at least hope that sometime in my future that I do get married that way my family can continue onward to live, and considering that I'm literally the last chain holding onto my family's name at the moment. :P

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah I would like to get married. Tbh, starting a family has little to do with it, since I plan to have a family even if I do end up single. But yeah I think marriage is pretty important, both in the strength of the relationship (not bashing those who don't marry) and in the physical world as well. I'm sure health and governmental processes treat spouses differently than two people who aren't married, although I can't exactly cite any examples.

Years
  • I hafta think about girlfriend before marriage first :\ I do see marriage as the pinnacle of a relationship though. There's many an occasion to say "this is it" in a relationship, and I see marriage as that point where you ideally are able to shut up about it.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • Marriage ain't on the menu for now. Maybe I'd like to later on in life, but I have so many barriers I have to crash through first before I can even think of such a commitment.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2013
    Definitely. It isn't a life goal, it's a formality. I couldn't possibly imagine growing up alone without a family to lean upon.

Years
  • I'm down for a long-term commitment, but I don't think it necessarily has to include marriage. Maybe for tax reasons or something, but if I did it would be a small affair, low-key. No need for a big party and all those expenses.

Years
  • I definitely want to get married. :) It's a pretty amazing thing and the benefits really will help both me and my partner out. Hopefully I'll be able to within the next few years when my boyfriend and I feel we're ready.

Not sure if I'd like an actual wedding or not; that's a bridge I'll cross down later.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Nope, nope, nope! That's not going to happen to me.

If I'd like to be with someone else, I would much like it if we are to just co-exist peacefully. If they want to be something more to me than just a room-mate, it'd better not lead into a marriage proposal, as I'll downright refuse. & if they keep pressuring me into this, I'll just leave the person into the dust.

Back