• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

tile floors or carpet floors?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My favorite is Tiled Carpet which is basicly tiles, but with carpet.

Say you have 4 tiles:

T C
    C T
    T= tiles
    C= carpet

It's pretty intersting :p

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    Tiles. Carpets are a chore to clean. Plus I'm allergic to dust mites and there's tons of them living in carpet.

I just think tiles are more hygenic.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    To be honest, neither. Where I live now, most of the floors are either polished rock (granite or slate) or polished concrete. What this results in is moisture seeping up (it's built on top of a underground natural reservoir thing) and making the floors cool as heck. It's lovely, haha.

If I had to choose though, I'd choose tile since they're generally easier to clean and such.

Years
    Tile, Carpets take too much effort to clean, with tile you can just go over it with a swiffer.

pkmin3033

Well, I am forever cleaning the carpets, but I never have to touch the tiled floors. Stuff shows up on carpets and it's a nightmare to get out sometimes. I'd say tile for convenience, although carpets feel nicer.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    tiles. although carpet feels nice, it's a nightmare getting a spill on it. besides, i like the cold hard ceramic feeling on my feet :)

Years
    Between the two options carpet all the way, tiles are cold and uncomfortable. But truthfully wooden floors are the best just because they look so damn good.

Sirfetch’d

I hate carpet. We recently replaced all of the carpet in our house and even though we had it cleaned frequently, it was very dusty and just nasty beneath it. Tile floors are so much cleaner and just look better imo.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
    I'll go with a third option and say wooden floorboards, or timber flooring. How ever you like to say it :P I think it looks quite nice and simple, and they're easy to clean. If not, tiles for most of the house but carpet for bedrooms

Adore

Party.
    Years
    Give me tile over carpet any day. Carpet is a stain and allergen trap. And, if you live in an apartment, that means a lot of deposit money out the door when you move out.

But in all honesty I'm going with the invisible third option, wood floors, because they're prettier.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I am honestly alright with both, but I'm going to go with tile for now because it's much easier to clean. It's usually quite a hassle to clean a carpet, and it's pretty simple to run a broom over a tile floor to clean it all up. Carpets are too much effort

Back