• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Tile/Palette Rating Thread}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    The grass palette was really saturated, what about this:
    29xckmu.png

Still, credit goes to TB Pro.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    The new "Sea Of Dreams" tiles for Kanto! Please rate honestly :D
    Base rom: Ruby

Test-1.png

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • The new "Sea Of Dreams" tiles for Kanto! Please rate honestly :D

Test-1.png

Trees are nice and match the pallete of the ground. and also the flowers and small leafs i think, are nice. Except for the ledge and grass. The grass is too big for my opinion, i mean it's like a big flower which you will have difficulty to go through. The ledge doesn't fit the pallete of the ground. For the paths, it's nice.
    I'll give a 7.5/10.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • The new "Sea Of Dreams" tiles for Kanto! Please rate honestly :D

Test-1.png
    I'm usually quite fond of your tile/palette choices, but not here D: Main problem for me is the palettes. They look pretty good sure, but don't you think they are a *tad* overused? Also, the wild grass scares the hell out of me. It stands out too much for my taste.
    Tilez 6.5/10
    Palz 5/10

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Credits
    kyledove for original tiles
    and i forgot who to credit for the house.. anyawys.
    My comments is that i know the ground tiles is a bit weird but hey! this is my first try at making snow tiles.also, i plan to change the ground, so please rate honestly.
    I already got a rating from deathwish and told me to use 5 shading colors for the trees which i'll do that as soon i get a rating from you guys.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Credits
    kyledove for original tiles
    and i forgot who to credit for the house.. anyawys.
    My comments is that i know the ground tiles is a bit weird but hey! this is my first try at making snow tiles.also, i plan to change the ground, so please rate honestly.
    I already got a rating from deathwish and told me to use 5 shading colors for the trees which i'll do that as soon i get a rating from you guys.

The trees are shading wrong, the grass tiles are way too light, the ground is too plain, and the snow doesn't look drawn on very well, it doesn't show much depth at all. The trees are also the same colour as the ground, might want to fix that up. Also, the blue post thing looks like it's supposed to be white on top and the hedges are too light.

Theres no depth shown in the tiles, it all looks like one big picture.

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
    Years
  • The trees are shading wrong, the grass tiles are way too light, the ground is too plain, and the snow doesn't look drawn on very well, it doesn't show much depth at all. The trees are also the same colour as the ground, might want to fix that up. Also, the blue post thing looks like it's supposed to be white on top and the hedges are too light.

Theres no depth shown in the tiles, it all looks like one big picture.

Thanks, i would take that into serious consideration.
    I'll post another one as soon as i edit it to my liking.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
  • I'm usually quite fond of your tile/palette choices, but not here D: Main problem for me is the palettes. They look pretty good sure, but don't you think they are a *tad* overused? Also, the wild grass scares the hell out of me. It stands out too much for my taste.
    Tilez 6.5/10
    Palz 5/10
    I agree with Jesse on the platelets. But I do not agree with the grass. If I am not mistaken those are the grass tiles from Legend of zelda link of the past. (one of my favorite games) and I think you did a nice job of it blending in with everything else.
    Pals 6/10
    Tiles 8/10

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Updates:

DISREGARD the old Ruby tiles which are still in there! They will be changes

Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

First off, my ratings:

Tiles: 8.5/10
    Palettes: 9/10

First off the tiles are ok. But I can't just give out a perfect ten can I? The old ruby tiles are still there, you said it yourself. I don't like the ground tile, it seems like its a moon or something.

Palettes, they are ok. But I noticed you only edited the tree palette slightly. And I also think that the grass palette is showing off.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • It's a Pokemon Academy, like in Pokemon Ranger. It's also the first building I have ever made.
    SchoolV2.png

It's private, so nobody has permission to use it.

Please rate it very detailled, as I know it must have mistakes :P
    No rates so far... Please rate it, as I know that the balcony platform thingy is shaded wrong, but I don't know how to improve it.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • Updates:

DISREGARD the old Ruby tiles which are still in there! They will be changes

Spoiler:

The tiles are really nice and have one general style.
    However, I'd think the overused palettes would looks better as here the grass is too bold and the tree palette looks a little weird, making the overall palette too green.

Tiles - 10/10
    Palettes - 8/10

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Tiletest-1.png

The 'New Saffron City' Tileset, I have yet to insert Silph Co. but I plan too.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The 'New Saffron City' Tileset, I have yet to insert Silph Co. but I plan too.

I like the pallettes, but the shadows seem too... Well, thick to me. If it was darker grass instead, it would look better. The tiles are superb. Only issue is the window reflections, but that is due to the "X-Flip" thing in Advance Map, right? Oh, and the tree trunk, the left and right parts of the roots seem a little... Straight, but not too noticable. Well, I like these so much!

Tiles: 9
    Pallettes: 9

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Well, my good pal Deathwish made me this ROM base, he made it specifically to my liking and I LOVE it, just wanted to know what you guys think.

Map : My own (I made it)
    Hack : For Pokemon Nirvana which is no longer in making.
    Permissions : I have them all.
    Credits for tiles and pallettes : Kyledove, peyi, Deathwish...

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Well, my good pal Deathwish made me this ROM base, he made it specifically to my liking and I LOVE it, just wanted to know what you guys think.

Map : My own (I made it)
    Hack : For Pokemon Nirvana which is no longer in making.
    Permissions : I have them all.
    Credits for tiles and pallettes : Kyledove, peyi, Deathwish...

Not much a fan of the mountains and pallets of the thing. Also those trees seem a tad I dont know different from each other. The pallet also is a very IDK dull...

Tiles: 6/10
    Pallets: 5/10

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Okay, so I want to hear your thoughts about Mahogany's new forest tileset.

Stolen property is not acceptable.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back