• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Tile script problem

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
Years
  • Okay, so I turned the level script into a tile script and im getting another few issues.

SCRIPT BELOW
    Spoiler:

Basically, the issues I have are as follows

The script activates as soon as you step on it (It is found in the prof's lab) despite on the prof being in the lab or not. I want it to follow on from the Oak taking you to the lab script. Do I need to use a checkflag here?

The script also actiaves as soon as I step on it, every time I step on it. I can step on it once and get the script to activate, and it does, but then I walk back and try to leave and it starts again. And again. and Again. Is there a way to make it a one time only thing.

Also all the text it black, can I change it to all be the same blue as Oak?

Yvtq8K3n

muhaha
    Years
  • U need to free the flag after u step on it.(in order to only happen once), i cant help u alot because i forget great part of the xse.

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
    Years
  • U need to free the flag after u step on it.(in order to only happen once), i cant help u alot because i forget great part of the xse.

This is all I have at the moment.
    It doesn't activate every time I try to leave, but If I re-enter the lab it activates again. So I go in, it activates if I go off the tile and back on, then it plays through the script, then it allows me to leave. If I walk back in then the script just starts back up again.
    Spoiler:

Any ideas on why this still doesn't work 100%

Happy and at peace. :)
    Years
  • This is all I have at the moment.
    It doesn't activate every time I try to leave, but If I re-enter the lab it activates again. So I go in, it activates if I go off the tile and back on, then it plays through the script, then it allows me to leave. If I walk back in then the script just starts back up again.
    Spoiler:

Any ideas on why this still doesn't work 100%

Alrighty. I reviewed your code and made two sectons. One has notations of my examinations and what should be changed or edited and the other would be my solution to your issue. My solution doesn't include any of the movements or text, just fixing what you are trying to achieve. Hope this helps. Pm me if you have any questions.

Notes:
    Spoiler:

And Solution:

Spoiler:

One more note is that if you use the lockall command, you should then use the releaseall command instead of release.

Last edited:
    Back