• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Tiles appear above th player+ weird tile errors

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Yeah i made a map and when i open it in vba it has lots of wrong tiles and and the main character appears under the tiles.

Here the original map:
    Spoiler:

Here when open in vba:
    Spoiler:

The player is here located under the light green path and you cant see him.
    However if would move to an tile with foreground and background tile, the character would appear infront of the background tile but behind the foreground tile. Also most tiles look diffrent as you can see.

Does someone know why this happens?

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    In Advance Map go to Block Editor. For the "Background Byte", if you don't set it to "Block is covered by hero", then whatever you have in the up half of the block will cover the hero.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Ok i changed the tiles that they fit into the bottom block which solve most of the errors.

however this is not the best solution and when doing what you said i get that tile errors, and i did the same as how it is down in a vanilla rom:

edited rom:
    Spoiler:

vanilla rom:
    Spoiler:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    If that doesn't work, move the house in the tileset, since there might have been an animation there.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    hmm ive noticed that everything works fine if i insert just a few tiles into the vanilla rom without deleing the existing, then it seems too work, but if i delete all the existing tiles and then insetrt my tiles the ronm gets corrupted, strange.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2021
    Ok for those who have the same problem, here is the solution.
    When creating my own tileset, i used the 8*8 block in the top left corner which is black in the vanilla tileset for a tile. this is the tile that appears above an tile, when i click "Block is covered by hero". after making this block full black (transparent color) again, the problem was solved.
    would interesting to know, if someone knows, why this happens.

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Ok for those who have the same problem, here is the solution.
    When creating my own tileset, i used the 8*8 block in the top left corner which is black in the vanilla tileset for a tile. this is the tile that appears above an tile, when i click "Block is covered by hero". after making this block full black (transparent color) again, the problem was solved.
    would interesting to know, if someone knows, why this happens.

That actually makes sense. The map is made up of BG1, 2 and 3, all of them tileset/tilemap based. If your block needs to be covered by the hero, that means BG1 should be filled qith a transparent block, being block 0.

Back