• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Time and Gameplay

Cinders

more smrt thn u
    Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2007
    I have 166 hours on my Ruby... Sucks because my pokedex is 163, and for a long while my pokedex was higher than my time! But I started "hunting" shinies on route 2 for like eight hours...

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    I have 65:33 on my LeafGreen version. A lot of this time was cumulated from probably what would be considered excessive training since I was continually whooping the NPCs in battles and badly may I add. The only NPC's Pokemon I had trouble with was the Blastoise that belonged to my rival during the faceoff in the Elite Four.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    right near 110... which is surprising because i only play when i'm on the bus o.o

i do leave my DS on a lot...

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Okay... <thinks>
    It takes me about less than 80 hours game time to get to the Elite Four. Most of the time is spent catching and raising a variety of Pokemon that will get me through the majority of the game (and I don't mean the HM slaves).

In LG, I think I might have clocked up over 130 hours worth of game time. In Ruby, I did over 200.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    On my first file I had over 100, but then I started again and then got Emerald, so now I only have about 40 hours because I play on Emerald more. I think my Emerald has about 160 hours on it

Years
    I have 45:21 on my FireRed file right now, and LeafGreen is at 117:06. I normally just breed pokémon and raise levels on my team (I'm determined I'll have at least one level 100 of every pokémon someday).

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    I think i have about 101 hours on emerald, i don't know my time on gold, and blue because i can't check anymore cause i don't have a gba. But now that you mention it, i'll go look for some shinies.

Years
    I've clocked a pretty pathetic 7:32 on my Fire Red game. I'm only at the Rock Tunnel, so it kind of makes sense.

I've got a lot more time on my Emerald version - 144:09. It only took about 48 hours to complete the actual game, but I spent the rest of the time trying to fill out my Hoenn Pokedex so I could get one of the Johto starters as a reward. :) Out of all my games, my Crystal file has been going the longest, 201 hours and 40 minutes.

But yeah... I'm one of those people who goes around reading every sign and talking to every single person in the game. I also tend to spend a long time in grassy areas training my Pokemon.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    my corrupted emerald file is 173 or so
    my non corrupted file EMerald is 40-50 or so (finished the e4)
    my LG is about 57 or so
    the non- corrupted file (i restart) is 30 or so fighting the elite
    my corrupted new file is 50 or so
    (i dnt use corupted file bec it deletes all save games)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    it took me 60 hrs something to beat the E4 in my LG, but my bro and his FR, he clocked it in 28 hrs.

Years
    my corrupted emerald file is 173 or so
    my non corrupted file EMerald is 40-50 or so (finished the e4)
    my LG is about 57 or so
    the non- corrupted file (i restart) is 30 or so fighting the elite
    my corrupted new file is 50 or so
    (i dnt use corupted file bec it deletes all save games)

Do you by any chance wash your games in soapy water or are they all emulated?

Oh FR - 300+ hrs

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Well on my FireRed I have 0:01 minute because I've been trying to get a shiny Charmander. It never appears and I hate it DX

I seriously hope the dang thing dies.

Back