• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time for a Pokemon TCG Remake? [GBC]

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Soooo... I frankly love the PTCG GBC game. I bought it used from a local game store because it was like $7 and caught my interest and I actually really loved it. Even with lack of story and stuff... earning booster packs and building better decks was pretty fun.

Now with the DS and its wifi capabilities, I think it'd be awesome to see a remake. Of course I can also see where Nintendo might think it would impede the physical TCG sales... I mean battling on your DS doesn't cost actual money after you buy the game, as opposed to TCG players buying boosters and upgrading for new formats.

But still I want a new PTCG for the DS! ;_____;

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I am also hoping for new PTGC Game. I have played GBC's PTCG (english, of course) and also PTCG2 (japan with emulator...) and I really like them. I have those on my phone, I sometimes play them with my Wiimote :D (much easier) and also without it.
    So, new TGC game, I hope they make one for DS and maybe to Wii too with better graphics (doesn't matter) and it could be funny to play with Wiimote. Every card should be in the game.
    This is what I'm hoping.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I am also hoping for new PTGC Game. I have played GBC's PTCG (english, of course) and also PTCG2 (japan with emulator...) and I really like them. I have those on my phone, I sometimes play them with my Wiimote :D (much easier) and also without it.
    So, new TGC game, I hope they make one for DS and maybe to Wii too with better graphics (doesn't matter) and it could be funny to play with Wiimote. Every card should be in the game.
    This is what I'm hoping.
    1) How did the Japanese sequel stack up?

2) How did you get it on your phone? (iPhone + emulator app?)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That'd be amazing. With all the new cards, trainers, etc. that'd be great. And what about unlocking the old, original decks and playing in a retro mode or something? That'd be pretty tight.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    I've be great, only thing is, with each movie or event, new cards are printed, those wouldn't appear in the game...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well, that's true. Not every card could be in the game. That'd be pretty insane if you ask me. But most of the new decks, the ability to build your own deck, and some of the original decks is a cool idea. Not to mention that a card game with the touch screen would make things seem like the actual card game. Also, the coin can't go out of bounds and no reflipping it. That would be a relief.

Years
  • That would be pretty epic. I've played the first one on GBC when it first came out, I was really young and I still got really hooked, even though I couldn't read =P

Of course, sales on the real cards (which, I don't know anybody who actually buys them anymore) would die more. But who cares about that, I say bring them virtual. Let people buy epic cards for Wii Points. It would be a good game if they did it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Since Nintendo already has a set up for WiFi purchases with the DSi, I don't know why they couldn't have DLC worked in. I'm sure they could figure something out...

And I'm not saying they have to charge for it (though they would undoubtedly).

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years

• 1) How did the Japanese sequel stack up?

2) How did you get it on your phone? (iPhone + emulator app?)

1. As I don't understand japanese I don't know what the storyline was but the game was good as there was team rocket and rocket cards. First I used 10 min to find someone to take my challenge. I have never played that game through.

2. I used my phone (n81 8GB) and emulator called (vBoy). You can get it to your own phone too. There's MeBoy for s40 phones and vBoy for s40 and s60 +iPhone (I'm not sure). There's also vBag (GBA), vSun (SNES) and vNes (NES) you can see more at https://www.vampent.com/

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Idk. I have never seen the need to play a perfectly good physical activity in a virtual world:p Yes, YES! I know the rationale. But we are already isolated enough as a society (U.S.). I like to play cards, board games, fish, etc, in real life! But that's just me:p

Years
  • I wish someone would at least make a computer game for card battling other than red shark, but I really want to try the sequel?

Is there a full translation out there? Only one I found was pretty bad.

I think the reason they stopped there, aside from the poor sales in the US, is the fact that the card game used to be owned by a different company(WotC), and Nintendo wanted to get in on it, but now Nintendo owns it, so they don't need to make a game.

I'm almost inspired enough to create a fangame though. I've been playing nonstop with cards and the game lately.

Last edited:

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    I would love a TCG DS version, I still own the GBC game lol, I used to love it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2023
    They should make it and thay could sell the cards on Wi-fi and whnever a new set is released when you try to buy the new set, your game is automaticly updated.

Amulet Dream

has the Alice of Running Away.
    Years
  • Manomow: Ya mean like how you can download new missions via 'Ranger Net' on Pokemon Ranger?

Yeah, a remake would be awesome! I played it a while ago, and I found it pretty interesting. If they remade it for the DS/Wii, seeing as the consoles have lots of um..things they can do, yeah, they could make it that:

DS: You used the touch screen to move the cards and such. Lame idea, eh? xP
    Wii: Ditto DS, except with the Wiimote.

And if they add a plot, for example, maybe someone was stealing all the cards or something, then it'd probably sell heaps. =D

But then it's sort of like Yu-Gi-Oh!, so I don't think they can do that. <--Just what I think xP

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    This game was amazing : P It was so fun back in the day! I think I'll go back and play it sometime soon lol. I remember I couldn't beat the Elite Four, one of em had this really awesome Articuno.

But yea a game that spans the entire 43 Set TCG would be phenomenal.

Back