• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Makes The Heart Go Fonder [PG13]

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Thankyou very much Cloudy!

I haven't been on lately due to the fact my grandma is in hospital! :(

Next part up this weekend, for sure!

Ekeshum

Fan of Saturn
    Years
    AAAAHHHHH!!! That was THE BEST story on this site BY FAR. I give it 100/100, cuz' its too good for 10/10!!! Dude I never payed attention to it, but now that I've read it, I'm SOOOOO glad I did!!! Hurry up and post the next chapter please!!!!! I love your stories!!! Ash and Dawn sitting in a tree k i s s i n g. First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Ash with the baby carriage!!! XD I'm a staffshipper though That story almost made me cry!!!;0

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Wow! I'm blown away. Thankyou very much for the positive words. I have always written and I have always known that I could write but you make me feel like a proper writer. I'm glad that people are taking a chance to read my story as I have put alot of time and effort into it. I put all I can into it and it takes up more time of my life than it should.

Next part up soon, as I have said a million of times! Keep posting and feel free to add me as a friend.

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Part 7

It was the middle of the night and Dawn was beginning to worry.

Piplup and Lopunny hadn't returned from the river, and she had no clue if Pikachu was alright. Either they were having the times of their lives or something was wrong. Then she heard a zip on a tent door open. She listened carefully. A light suddenly glowed and a shadow appeared. The shadow was not the shape of any Pokemon she had ever seen before and she was certain it belonged to a human. Armed with a can of mixed beans, Dawn slowly unzipped her tent and jumped out, in hope of scaring the rouge human away. The rouge human turned out to be Ash in his 'Pikachu' boxers, who looked like he was questioning her sanity. She dropped the can and with a red face, made her way to the light.

'Dawn? Is everything alright?'

No, she answered only to herself. She didn't feel alright and she was positive she didn't look alright either.

'I'm just worried about Piplup and Lopunny. They haven't returned from the river.' She sat on the ground.

'What about Pikachu?'

'Haven't seen him either.'

Dawn wasn't worrying anymore; she was scared out of her mind for her and Ash's beloved Pokemon. Who knows what they could be doing or where they might be?

Ash could see Dawn's worry. 'Well then,' Ash proclaimed as he stood as tall as he could. 'Let's go and find them.'

For some reason, hope found its way to Dawn's heart and she agreed. Both got changed from their pajamas into their proper clothes. Dawn, who would normally wear a short dress, put a pair of leggings on undernearth and threw on another jacket to keep her warm. By the time she had finished getting ready, Ash was standing outside unpatiently. The flash light led the way for the 2 friends, as they went on a search for their missing Pokemon. They probably had been walking for least than 5 mintues but the darkness seemed to make time last longer. After a few bumps and falls on the way, they reached Floaroma River. To their surprise or disbelief, (Dawn couldn't firgue out which) the riverside was desserted and not one Pokemon could be seen. This meant trouble for their Pokemon. Ash and Dawn discussed what to do next.

'I believe we should go and search the flower meadows. Maybe they went there,' said the optimistic Dawn.

Negative Ash had something else to say. 'I bet you this is foul play. Someone has stolen our Pokemon.'

'But who?' questioned Dawn.

'Who else but Team Rocket. They are always after Pikachu.' This made sense.

'If Team Rocket took them, then where do we look?'

This stumped Ash. 'Maybe the town. If they were here, someone must know something.'

Even though Dawn thought differently, she knew not to agrue against Ash when he was determined. One of the things she loved about that boy, and with a nod of her head, they made their way to Floaroma Town. They planned to follow the river until it leads them close to the town. The sound of rushing water was peaceful in the night and it calmed Dawn's fears.
    Suddenly, they heard a quiet cry of a Pokemon. Both looked to where it had come from. Then they saw a large Pokemon lying on the riverbank. Without hesatation, Dawn ran towards the Pokemon.

'Dawn, be careful,' said Ash, worried for her safety.

Dawn proceeded towards the Pokemon and the moon shone down upon it. 'Lopunny!' Dawn ran over to the Pokemon, who was badly injured and out cold. 'Ash, it's ok. It's Lopunny!'

Ash ran over to Dawn. 'What happened?'

'I have no clue.' Tears started to roll down Dawn's cheeks. She couldn't bear the thought of Lopunny, or any of her Pokemon being hurt and her not knowing why. 'I'm so sorry, Lopunny. I didn't mean for this to happen.' She felt a hand being placed on her shoulder and turned her head to see Ash smiling at her.

'It wasn't your fault Dawn. We will find the people that did this to Lopunny. No need to worry.'

She gave a chuckle then reached into her pocket to pull out a Pokeball. 'You are right Ash.' Lopunny shone and then disappeared in the Pokeball. 'We need to get Lopunny to a Pokemon Center and maybe, we can find out something about Piplup and Pikachu. Do you think Lopunny's injury is connected to Piplup's and Pikachu's disappearance?'

'I'm sure of it,' said a determined Ash. 'Let's head into the town. Someone must know something.'

It was a good idea, admitted Dawn. Stoke of genius. Surely, someone would have seen Team Rocket if they had, or were still around. And, with no doubt would they find someone to help them. There was only one problem. It was 2am in the morning. The shops were closed and the streets, abandoned. No ones lights were on, except for the Pokemon Center. Even the Contest Hall looked like it was done for the day. Unfortunately, from what they could remember, the Pokemon Center was located at the far end of the town. It was a bitterly cold night and Dawn regretted not putting on more clothes. Ash, on the other hand, looked fine as he walked in his shorts and jumper. Maybe he had more layers underneath, she thought. Also, strange sounds echoed throughout the black sky. Dawn was sure she was being paranoid, but the sounds were making her feel unsafe.

'Ash?' whispered Dawn. He answered. She decided to be out right with him about her fear, since she couldn't be out right with him about her love. 'I'm scared.'

Ash stopped in his tracks. 'Everything is fine. Trust me.'

'I do, but that still doesn't keep me from getting scared.'

She moved closer to him. He may have cared but he was too tired and worried to show it. 'Nothing's going to go wrong. No need to worry. Let's keep moving.' Suddenly, a loud noise came from out of the blue. Dawn jumped and as a reaction, was holding Ash's hand.

He stopped. She stopped. He looked at their hands and she looked at theirs hands. He looked at her but she just looked at the ground.
    'I'm sorry,' she said, still gripping his hand.

He just laughed. 'No need to worry. Now that I have you, nothing bad is going to happen.' He lifted their hands to comply with his statement. On the outside, she looked scared. On the inside, her heart was beating a million miles per second. He started to walk, holding her hand. Within no time they had reached the Pokemon Center. The big white building with the bright red roof looked dull at night but it gave off a lot of light. Ash turned his flash light off and the duo walked into the Center. Dawn thought she was going blind. Her eyes weren't adjusted for that intensity of light. Slowly, her vision came back and she could see Nurse Joy at the reception desk. They walked towards her.

'Welcome to the Poke Center. Can I help you?'

Dawn was sure this Nurse Joy, was a Nurse Joy in training by the way her hair and uniform looked. Instead of the usual hairstyle, this one had her pink hair in a ponytail and her uniform was a whole lot shorter. A rebel teenager thought Dawn.Dawn, with her free hand, pulled out the Pokeball that contained Lopunny and handed it to Nurse Joy. 'I'm hoping you can. My Pokemon was badly injured. Can you heal her?'

Nurse Joy nodded her head.'I'll get right on to it.'

'Also, we are looking for some people,' said Ash.

'How can I assist?' she asked, concerned.

'Has anyone in Team Rocket come past here today?' Nurse Joy shook her head.

'Anyone bring a Piplup and a Pikachu in here to be healed?'Nurse Joy didn't answer straight away.

'I can't release that sort of information.'

'Please,' Dawn begged. 'Our Pokemon were stolen today and we are very worried.'

'I'm sorry to hear that, but I can't give out information about trainers or Pokemon without proof.'

When it seemed all hope was lost for Dawn, she remembered the photo she had taken of Piplup, Pikachu and Lopunny today. She pulled it out from her pocket and showed it to Nurse Joy.

'See, this is Piplup and Pikachu and Ash and myself in the background.'Nurse Joy studied the photo.

'I guess this can classify as proof.'She bent down and brought up a big box full of paper. 'I will have to check the records.'

'They should have only been brought in here today,' said Dawn, finding her search unnecessary.

'Darling, this is today's records,' stated the Nurse. She apologized for the wait and told them to take a seat on the lounge. As they turned around, Nurse Joy made a comment. 'It's so nice to see young love these days. It reminds me of myself and my boyfriend.' Dawn and Ash wondered who she was talking to, as no one else was there. Then they realised that they were still holding each others hand. They let go quickly.

End of Part 7

Clouddyl

Playing battle tower doubles!
    Years
    Ohh, very good again, can't wait till the next one :D

One thing though, did you mean "rogue" instead of rouge when you said "The rouge human turned out to be Ash in his 'Pikachu' boxers" that was the only mistake i could see though, and again, can't wait till the next chapter!

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Wow this is an amazing story. I absolutely love it. I can't wait to see whats gonna happen next.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    I just finished reading the whole thing and let me tell you, besides the fast-paced feel of the story, it is actually very good. Spelling and grammar are something you have to work on, but the story itself is beautiful. 8/10 =D

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Next chapter up soon! Thankyou to all who have viewed and read through this fiction.

daydreambeliever

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    O M G!
    I haven't posted a chapter in... over a month! Sorry ya'll! Had a bit of a writer's block and also couldn't be bothered posting. But now I can be bother and I will update reguraly!

Part 8

After the embarrassing mistake, both sat silently on the lounge. Time passed slowly as the Nurse looked at the records and attended to Dawn's Lopunny.

'Are you two alright?' said Nurse Joy, looking over the counter. Both nodded. 'Well, I have found something…' Before she could continue talking, Dawn and Ash were at the desk, waiting for her information. 'Two people did come in here with a drowsy Piplup and Pikachu…'

'When?' yelled Ash, cutting her off. The Nurse Joy gave him a scowl.
    'About 4 hours ago…'

'What did they look like?' bellowed Dawn.

'I went ahead and got a photo from the security cameras.'She showed them the photo. It was a view of the front door with two people walking out. One was a woman with long purple hair and the other was a man with hair the colour of a clear blue sky. They both seemed to be trying to stay unnoticed, wearing long black coats and black tinted sunglasses. In the females arms was a sleeping Piplup and in the males was a sleeping Pikachu.

'What did they come in her for?' questioned Dawn.

'They walked in then walked back out. Having second thoughts I guess…'

'Damn it!' Ash quickly became enraged. 'It was Team Rocket, I knew it.' He started stomping around the centre, furious. Dawn, fueled with rage, wanted to join in with Ashs fury, but she took a more sensible approach.

'Ash, relax…'

'Relax! How can you relax? Team Rocket has our Pokemon. Doesn't that mean anything to you?' He was standing in front of her, looking as if he wanted to kill with his bare hands. Dawn did not like this side of Ash and she hoped this dark Ash would not last long.

'Of course it does. I want nothing to happen to Piplup or Pikachu. How could you even think that?' She turned her back on him and shed a tear. Ash, filled with grief, seemed to see the errors of his ways and calmed down. He put his right arm over her shoulders.

'I'm sorry Dawn. I didn't think straight.'

She wiped her eyes. 'You should be.' She turned to face him. 'You must know I was only trying to calm you down.'

Ash flashed a guilty grin. 'I do now. Forgive me?'

'Yes, I forgive you Ash Ketchum.' Dawn hugged her friend and flashed him her own grin.

'I really am sorry. It was wrong to hurt you, Dawn.'

Outside, the clear night sky had received some company. Dark clouds had rolled in and were causing a thunderstorm. The sound of thunder echoed outside of the centre.

'A storm, just like the forecast predicted,' said Nurse Joy. 'If you two want to head somewhere, now would be the time.' The Nurse Joy handed Dawn back Lopunny's Pokeball. 'She is all healed. Good luck now!' The duo took a moment to decide what to do next, and then thanked Nurse Joy for her help. The weather had not let up since they were last outside. Dawn again, was shivering. Being rather noble, Ash took off his jacket and told Dawn to wear it. She refused at first but after some talking to, she thanked her companion and like any male, he shrugged it off. Suddenly, a house directly across the way became illuminated. Ash and Dawn suddenly became glued to the ground and stood still, eyes on the house. The sound of raised voices filled the air then, silence. Suddenly the door of the house opened, and two people in black coats with hoods over their faces, stepped out of the building. Ash quickly grabbed Dawn and pulled her behind a nearby tree. Dawn attempted to ask Ash about what to do but he quickly moved his hand over her mouth. They waited in silence then the patter of footsteps entered the quiet night air. Ash moved slightly away from the tree and sneaked a view of the strangers. For what he could make out, one was a woman and one was a man. The strangers checked their surroundings then continued in the opposite direction of Ash and Dawn. He knew he had one chance. Ash ran out onto the road.

'Hello?' he shouted. The strangers stopped in their tracks. 'Team Rocket?' The strangers started to sprint and Ash, who was hot behind their tails, chased after them. 'Dawn! Come on, it is them.' Dawn followed and soon caught up to Ash. The chase was on.

End of Part 8

Back