• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Time to drive these NPC's crazy!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When you visit two streets within Castelia city, you'll see NPC's well... running around like crazy basically. When the video of this was first revealed, many of us assumed that as a result, NPC interaction would be like this for the whole game. And yet... it wasn't.

Either way, do you like this feature? As in, partially being able to "see" NPC's conversations and watch them run like crazy trying to avoid you? :D Or do you find it annoying and generally avoid those streets? Do you sometimes wish you could talk to them at different times of the day instead of not being able to talk to them at all? And would you prefer for this to appear all over Unova and not just in Castelia?

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I loved this. Well, ignoring the "err why are they running out into the desert with no other way of public transport available, (well, at least to YOU) making it seem like they are in a hurry to die of thirst in a sandstorm" issue, I really like going around out of my way to block the NPCs. On occasion some of them actually turn out to be blockable as well! squee

I'd indeed like to see it other places in Unova than Castelia, well, at least the "getting out of my way" part if I am running/biking on a collision course towards them, IN THE CITIES that is. If for instance the trainers at the Moors of Iccirrus were to run around and dodge you, it would be like a worse version of the mimic circle, especially in the winter..

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I didn't really spend enough time on those streets to find that feature annoying, but would've been majorly annoyed if it was like that throughout Unova. The only problem I had was that they would just disappear, which would be hard to fix, but it just looks weird :/ I also enjoy getting in their way and when they get mad and run away :D

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    They're actually kind of funny/cool. I laugh at their conversations, and hang around in those streets often.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • They look cool but meh, I don't bother going on those streets to be honest. You try talking to 'em, they just walk around you. No point in it really.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I like trying to cut in front of them, lol

It's a cool feature, but it would be even cooler if they weren't running off into nowhere. It does give the impression that Castelia is the bustling, busy place that I wish was my hometown in the Pokemon world xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Sometimes I run in front of the walking people on my bike just to think to myself, "Watch where you're going you fool!"

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I really liked this feature, it might have been a bit annoying if it was every where, but maybe on routes inbetween big cities

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
    Years
  • I really liked this feature, it added to the 'bustling city' feel Castelia City was supposed to have. The conversations are interesting too.

I do think that maybe this should have been implemented in maybe Nimbasa City (it is Unova's city of entertainment, after all!) and possibly a few other cities.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I like it as well - certainly adds more to the place although the fact they are always running back and forth is a bit repetitive after a while. Sometimes I will try to block them as I go just because it's a minor amusement, and I can sometimes be easily amused. =p

That fact I called my character Hungry and that one of the things they shouted was 'Hungry...' did surprise me the first few times though. XD

Back