• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time Travel

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Hello guys!

I was struck by an idea of time travel today. If Sun/Moon are gonna add Kalos as a region, whether Southern Kalos or a completely secondary region, GF could introduce Time Travel to go in a AZ-era Kalos where there are no Pokeballs and PCs, there is a war-driven Kalos and we get to know the character of AZ with more depth as he was really left out of it in my opinion. There are a lot of mysteries regarding him...

This is not the first time, in Arceus and the Jewel of Life, Ash and Co. travel to past with Dialga to meet Damos.

Maybe add this as a post game feature and add the Sinnoh trio because to me, Arceus and the trio were the best thought legendary Pokemon in the whole series! And we are getting the Sinnoh remake now so it might join the new region to Sinnoh as Kalos was introduced in Hoenn in the remake...

What do you think?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Well, we still don't have any confirmation on a Sinnoh remake in this generation, but time travel would be pretty cool and it'd be neat to see it as a plot element in the main series. It'd be pretty cool to revisit the X&Y story arc and return to the big Kalos war of AZ's time, but I feel like it'd only make sense to do that if it fit in with Sun & Moon's plot somehow.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Yes we dont have confirmation but if GF follows suit then 7th generation should have DPPt remakes. And it is very likely that SM region is southern Kalos; as Kiloude is tropical too... So the probability is pretty high.

Time travel would be awesome

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Yes we dont have confirmation but if GF follows suit then 7th generation should have DPPt remakes. And it is very likely that SM region is southern Kalos; as Kiloude is tropical too... So the probability is pretty high.

Time travel would be awesome

Technically Gen 5 didn't have the Gen 3 remake, so it could skip 7th and have remakes be every other gen.

I have no opinion on time travel since I haven't gotten to AZ yet so I don't know a lot. Would be interesting though not sure needed.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I honestly feel that if they were to include time-travel it would be in a fashion similar to how it was done in HGSS: you travel back to view a scene, and then return, making it into, essentially, a cutscene. But if we're talking in regards to AZ/ancient Kalos specifically, then there's already no need for that because we know what happened. AZ explains to the player--in detail--the events that unfolded in the past, complete with detailed paintings. We might as well have been transported to the past during that segment as it stands.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Technically Gen 5 didn't have the Gen 3 remake, so it could skip 7th and have remakes be every other gen.

I have no opinion on time travel since I haven't gotten to AZ yet so I don't know a lot. Would be interesting though not sure needed.

Yes but gen 5 had sequels to BW... So yeah we could also get sequels to SM...

I honestly feel that if they were to include time-travel it would be in a fashion similar to how it was done in HGSS: you travel back to view a scene, and then return, making it into, essentially, a cutscene. But if we're talking in regards to AZ/ancient Kalos specifically, then there's already no need for that because we know what happened. AZ explains to the player--in detail--the events that unfolded in the past, complete with detailed paintings. We might as well have been transported to the past during that segment as it stands.

There is no need but imagining Kalos in that era, its like a whole new region and we get to see how the present Kalos was made... Its just a long shot but it feels kinda cool...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Like Sopheria said, we have no info on if we'll get a Diamond & Pearl remake this generation (especially considering we already got OR/AS) but as for time travel, while it may look awesome on paper I don't exactly know how it'll fit into Sun & Moon's plot.

Back