• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Times When You Wanted To Break Your GBA Out of Nerves...

Vespinus

as Shocking as Thunder!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2010
    Don't get me started...

In Sapphire, a friend had told me you can get Pikachu in Petalburg woods. So I spent about two hours looking for it, but I couldn't find it. So I phoned him up and asked him if he was sure. He said yes, of course. So I spent another hour looking. Eventually I used the interweb to find out you couldn't catch Pikachu in Petalburg woods. So, to get my revenge, I told him I'd caught one, and he wanted to see it. He came round, I showed a Pikachu which I had traded over from Leafgreen and then I stole his game cartridge and deleted the data. Sweet, sweet revenge.

Aladdin

When I couldn't catch Groudon. Again and again I tried, saving before I went in to it. But in the end, I beat it instead of catching it. BAH. Elite4 wasn't as easy to beat without it.

.Busou Kihaku.

私は神で取る!
    Years
    Figuring the mother****ing combination in the dungeon thingy under Goldenrod, it was like... A ***** that even Einstein couldn't solve. I kinda then threw it in my toilet and flushed it.

Last edited:

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Hmm... I had quite a few.

1. You know those professors that give you stuff for the amountof pokemon you have?

I caught 32 Ekans and 12 digglets to get one of the items. After i caught them i went there thinking i would get some hardcore item.
    'Hey nick! when you catch 60 unique pokemon ill give you a special item!' Unique? wait that means different? '
    For 3 days i thought of ways to torture my Gba.'

Another time was when i bought a dratini. I bought one and realised it was shiny. Whilst jumping up and down in happiness i dropped my sp It froze. I hadn't saved.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Aaah, this kind of thread. Here we go...

Any time I fight the first Regi I see! They are hard to catch, and for some reason, the first one I fight (Usually Regice, but I have fought all three first at once) and it always takes... SIX HOURS! The second only takes one hour, and the third about fifteen minutes to catch.

Anyway, I caught Regice after 6 hours of play, and then I go downstairs to eat dinner. A half-hour later, I came up, and saw my SP shut off. It had run out of power, and I forgot to save.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    After I fell through the floor to get to Rayquaza for the millionth time in Sapphire. Despite completing the Hoenn Dex and working on the National Dex, Rayquaza remains uncaught on my Sapphire. On the other hand, my little brother had absolutely no trouble getting to and catching Rayquaza. Figures.

lucario072

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    Trying to beat the elite four on my emerald and my fire red
    i was pretty noob back then and i only used attacking moves and i got so angry i broke my ds in half and i waited a whole year for my mum to get me a new one

aka_Pyro

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    Trying to catch a legendary bird without using a Masterball.

No, that's actually kind of fun for me. I just save in front of any stationary legendary with a sack full of poke balls, and keep resetting until I catch one without really doing anything to it. I've gotten Rayquaza, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno this way. Now, the aggravating part for me is trying to catch a fleeing legendary such as Latias, Entei, Mesprit, Cresselia, without Master Balls.

Trying to beat the elite four on my emerald and my fire red
    i was pretty noob back then and i only used attacking moves and i got so angry i broke my ds in half and i waited a whole year for my mum to get me a new one

You should have gotten your own DS. Never break your own equipment or anyone else's unless you can afford to replace it yourself. I've only broken one PS2 controller, and that's it. And that's why I don't play Jak 2 anymore.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    When my rival beat my Starmie with his Charizard. We were both down to our last Pokemon and he somehow beat my Starmie with Fire Blast. I would of tried the E4 again after but I spent all my money on Full Restores and Revives, so I had to restart my game because I didn't feel like usin the VS Seeker to get more money.

BlueShuckle

School Boy
    Years
    I guess when I tried to catch Kyogre a million times in my Emerald Version,,,
    whenever I ran out of balls to catch it, i always say "ok you little scum fish, if you don't wanna be caught, then DIE!!!"
    Pretty much the same for me, instead it was Groudon. I used my Master Ball on Kyogre.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I've only broken one PS2 controller, and that's it. And that's why I don't play Jak 2 anymore.

lol I know how you feel dude, that was one frustrating game. I never even got Jak 3 after watching my friend get extremely frustrated with it.

I think the most annoying part for me was when one of the elite four's in Ruby with his stupid Shiftry used double team over and over again. After the first time my attacks stopped working, and after he used it more I had no chance.

Years
    For me, it's probably when I trained an entire team of epic pokemon to lvl 100, EXTREMELY powerful, and yet somehow I STILL lost to my nubbish friend. I haven't spoken to him since XD

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I spent over an hour searching for a Cubone with the Rock Head ability (it was always Lightning Rod!) on a FireRed file (for my actual team). A few weeks later, I started a new file and went to the Pokemon Tower to try to get more Pokemon for the National Dex (this was after the Elite Four, so I had a full team). I caught a Ghastly and decided to stick around to see if I could get a Cubone. A minute later, I found one and caught it. Guess what ability it had? Rock Head...

I have somewhat of a hatred towards the game/Pokemon species now.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    1 time was i was/and still am, ripping my hair out trying to catch raquaza with a ultra ball. "C'mon c'mon f*ck man!" i just wanted to set fire to emerald for making it so hard.

Back