• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Tips 4 the elite 4

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    on crystal i just got 2 the elite 4.i need some tips 2 beat them. heres my team:
    1) Gyarados, lvl.42
    2)Poliwhirl, lvl. 42
    3)Pidgeot, lvl.42
    4)Typhlosion, lvl.42
    5)Suicune, lvl. 43

plz share any ideas

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Well , you need to raise their levels up. Train them or give them Rare Candies. ^^ ~> And then, it's going to be quite easy to beat the Elite Four.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    yes ive been giving them rare candies. they r lvlingg up really slowly.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Gold and Silver were bad for leveling up your Pokemon on, you didn't have many Pokemon over 30 to battle. I mean I like Gold, Silver, and Crystal but they were annoying to level up on.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    i finally beat the elite 4 yesterday. today i got 5 badges in kanto. but now im stuck. where can i get an item 2 wake up that snorlax in front of digletts cave?

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    i just got my 8th badge in crystal, do you get the suicune on victory road? or somewherere near there? and do you have to go thrrough a cave to get to the pokemon league, i cant check right now cause im at my aunts house.

CarolinaSquirtle

Go Tarheels!
    Years
  • i just played through crystal and i beat the elite 4 with my super-trained pokemon (they were all between 60-65 w/o the use of rare candy or cheats):
    Meganium
    Poliwhirl
    Magmar
    Umbreon
    Dragonite
    Suicune

King Gengar

Ghost Hunter
    Years
  • Give your pokemon at least an ice type gives you an advatage =]]]
    Thunder Punch-- Typlosion for the flying pokemon...
    Ice Punch-I Recommend this move to ur poliwhirl

Years
  • on crystal i just got 2 the elite 4.i need some tips 2 beat them. heres my team:
    1) Gyarados, lvl.42
    2)Poliwhirl, lvl. 42
    3)Pidgeot, lvl.42
    4)Typhlosion, lvl.42
    5)Suicune, lvl. 43

plz share any ideas

To be honest, you need to be a bit more balanced. I mean, 4 of your team is weak to electric Pokemon.

I beat the elite 4 with this team:

Suicune
    Dragonite
    Rhydon
    Ursaring
    Typhlosion
    Magneton

Years
  • You guys fail for not reading ska8erchick9's most recent post. She clearly said she already defeated the Elite 4 yet people are still giving suggestions? -_-

i finally beat the elite 4 yesterday. today i got 5 badges in kanto. but now im stuck. where can i get an item 2 wake up that snorlax in front of digletts cave?

If you still haven't found it by now, you need the Expansion Card from the Kanto Radio Station in Lavender Town. They should give it to you if you have restored power to Kanto which I assume you did because there is no way you can have 5 badges if you didn't manage to restore the power.

Once that is done, go to where Snorlax is and save your game. Tune into the Poke Flute channel on the radio and talk to Snorlax. It should wake up and attack you. Just be sure to catch it because there is only one in the game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2010
    i just beat my crystal version, my team was

level 52 typhlosion
    level 46 butterfree
    level 49 gyrados ( the shiny one :)
    level 50 suicune

and then the pokmeon i use for hms, the game kicks a.ss

KaiserShockrat

BURN BABY BURN DISCO INFERNO
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2007