• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Tips and Tricks in FR/LG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    Hey, does anyone know any good tips and tricks in FR/LG. I'm having difficulty in it. I'm at the elite 4 and I keep on getting beaten. Please don't say things like 'Just Grind your Pokemon stupid.." - I mean like at the Golden Bridge where you keep on losing to the guy that gives you a nugget so you get 9999999 money :) or something like how to get the best results on the slot machines or good places to EV train for Attack, Speed and Sp. Atk..

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
    Years
  • Best thing to do on the Elite 4?

Lvl up Lapras, get Articuno, get a psychic type!

Lance - I RZ HAZ THWEE DWAGONIGHTS
    Lapras- IMMA FIRIN MAI LAZER!!!!!!!

Am I the ONLY one who thinks that 1st gen has the most unbalanced type advantages? :/

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
  • Get a lot of Meowth's probably 5 and one of them is the Pokemon you'll be training and train the Pokemon with Wild Pokemon or by Trainerbattle by using a VS SEEKER, and because of meowths pickup you'll get Rare Candies (but not all the time) It can give some useful Items as well (eg. Full Restore, Revive, Carbos, berries, etc. )... :)

Get a Psychic-type Pokemon for the battle with Agatha she could defeat you with her Gengar, also If you already battled the Trainers in Victory Road, try rematching the Trainers In Kindle Road, especially the one's near the entrance of Ember Spa, get useful TM's from slots and in the celadon dept. store... :)

When battling the Elite 4 be sure to bring a lot of Revives and Full Restores... :)
    Also catch the 3 Legendary Birds and Items can be useful as well like Shellbell, Leftovers, Charcoal, etc.
    Get all useful Items you missed in caves, forests, etc... :)

Also you could post your team and their stats here so we can help you more... :)

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
    Years
  • Also catch the 3 Legendary Birds and Items can be useful as well like Shellbell, Leftovers, Charcoal, etc.
    Get all useful Items you missed in caves, forests, etc... :)

Let me remind you you can't capture Moltres before the E4 in FR/LG, almost feels like a worthless half*** typing for them anyway. Zapdos works well enough to take care of those Gyradoses that both Lance and Gary has. And Articuno makes a clean sweep of all the Dragonites Lance has if you want to go the easy route.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
    Years
  • Let me remind you you can't capture Moltres before the E4 in FR/LG, almost feels like a worthless half*** typing for them anyway.

Umm... You can capture Moltres before the Elite four even without having your 8th Badge... :P

Remember bill takes you to the Sevii Islands after you defeat the Cinnabar Gym? :P

You can catch him right away after the event in the Pokemon Center happened and you can go back because Bill gives you the Tri-Pass... :P

Also Moltres is in Mt.Ember for you to know... :P

Zapdos works well enough to take care of those Gyradoses that both Lance and Gary has. And Articuno makes a clean sweep of all the Dragonites Lance has if you want to go the easy route.

Yes, The two could do it, but what if he doesn't have enough level to defeat the E4? just take those 3 just in case... :)

But for Gary having a Gyarados depends on the starter you pick, Gary will not have it if you chose Charmander as your starter...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think these are enough answers haha. :P If you have any more questions, please use the Q&A thread. It's at the top of this forum. :) The best piece of advice though is just to grind, whether you like it or not haha. You could also try Pickup abuse for Rare Candy, but I don't know if that works in FRLG as well as it works in RS. Also, find some of the richer trainers in the game (try checking PokeEarth on Serebii), stick an Amulet Coin on your lead, and just use the Vs. Seeker on those trainers. You get money and exp. Use the money to buy coins for good TMs at the Game Corner. And that's really all I've got, haha.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back