• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Tips for catching all legends but Mewtwo(FRLG)?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Timer Ball is twice as powerful as an Ultra Ball if the battle continues for 30+ turns, so Timer Ball is recommended to catch Pokemon. Also, putting the Pokemon to sleep is twice as powerful as the paralyze status, so sleep is preferred over paralysis when catching Pokemon. Other than that, you pretty much use the standard strategy. Bring it down to as close as the 1HP mark as possible with Semi-Powerful moves, and preferably False Swipe it down. Timer Ball + 1HP remaining + Sleep condition = The best way to catch a Pokemon, and this makes catching a Pokemon the easiest. For runaway Pokemon, use a fast Block / Mean Looker. I suggest Crobat, because it has access to Hypnosis and Mean Look, and it has 130 speed stat, the highest speed stat in the game bar Deoxys-e, Electrode, and Ninjask.

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    Timer Ball is twice as powerful as an Ultra Ball if the battle continues for 30+ turns, so Timer Ball is recommended to catch Pokemon. Also, putting the Pokemon to sleep is twice as powerful as the paralyze status, so sleep is preferred over paralysis when catching Pokemon. Other than that, you pretty much use the standard strategy. Bring it down to as close as the 1HP mark as possible with Semi-Powerful moves, and preferably False Swipe it down. Timer Ball + 1HP remaining + Sleep condition = The best way to catch a Pokemon, and this makes catching a Pokemon the easiest. For runaway Pokemon, use a fast Block / Mean Looker. I suggest Crobat, because it has access to Hypnosis and Mean Look, and it has 130 speed stat, the highest speed stat in the game bar Deoxys-e, Electrode, and Ninjask.

Very nice. Thanks a lot. I was wondering this myself.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    That tactic for Runners would provably work on FR/LG but not R/S/E, as he is Poison = Hypersensive to Psychic...
    I used a Wobbuffet there, A counter/Mirror Coat on the right time left him(Latios) with 5 HP Left, and then i caught him on my first Ultra Ball

dumbpikAchu

suckingCharmanderIntoMybu tt
    Years
    nice Kayashi! thx!!!!(TOO SHORT!)

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
    Here's a tip when throwing and catching a legendary pokemon: holding b and up would increase the chances of catching it... or was it b and down? But it works for me. ;P

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Here's a tip when throwing and catching a legendary pokemon: holding b and up would increase the chances of catching it... or was it b and down? But it works for me. ;P

Yeah B and Up seems to help the catching process.
    Bring alot of ultra balls and timer balls.

Also bring a pokemon with Flase swipe or Super fang,

I think you can get Super fang on LG/FR/R/S/E.

Yeah just rattle down the Hp And throw tose ultras and timers and you should catch em no problem.

----------------
    Listening to: Bloc Party - Like Eating Glass via FoxyTunes

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2008
    yeah i had actually forgotten about the b+up thing, thanks for the reminder.

Years
    Does that honestly really work? I feel like it's a load of garbage. "Press this button and you'll be more likely to catch this ****!" I dunno. I just always assumed that button-mashing was just a way to feel like you were doing something, because Pokemon is so repetitive and ultimately boring. But it actually works? And I've always pressed A. Derp.

Milke

Chill it an' spill it.
    Years
    Does that honestly really work? I feel like it's a load of garbage. "Press this button and you'll be more likely to catch this ****!" I dunno. I just always assumed that button-mashing was just a way to feel like you were doing something, because Pokemon is so repetitive and ultimately boring. But it actually works? And I've always pressed A. Derp.

you are correct. This DOES NOT work, and there is nothing in the game code which allows a higher catch chance if you are holding down a certain button.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    I just press (A) like 50 times per second and gets angry when the ball breaks...
    In the 2nd Generation, the most popular easy-catch-press-rumor is press+hold (A) when the ball opens, then just when it closes, start holding (B), and keep holding until the ball breaks

Back