• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tips for selling lemonade?

chillj

Not active anymore.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2022
    My 7 yr. old sister for some reason, wants me to build her a lemonade stand and help her sell lemonade, but I have no clue about any selling techniques. Does anyone know ways to sell that will attract more customers?

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
    Years
    Sell on hot, and humid days. thats when people are most likely to buy lemonade. Keep it cold. Make a huge sign saying " COLD, MOUTH WATERING LEMONADE FOR SELL! ONLY ___" (how much it costs) advertise lemonade all around your block by posting paper printed off of your computer saying "Lemonade for sell at this address" or something like that. make it intresting. When your selling it you can yell out "Get your cold lemonade here!".

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    If you want to build a lemonade empire, first rule to remember is to face the street. Most of your/her customers will probably be driving cars on the street, so if you face the sidewalk instead they might ignore you. Have a couple big signs facing in different directions. Tell her to get her friends to go around telling people that she is selling some good lemonade.

Also, get the mix down right, test it and try to teach her exactly how much of each part to mix (That is, unless you're going to be supervising the whole time anyway.) Another thing, have some type of container to keep the money in that clearly shows it. Put some money in it to start to make it look like you are already selling a lot.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll add more when I think of it. But soon your sister will be the Donald Trump of lemonade :P

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    People still do this 0.0 holy crap, I sold rocks as a kid .-. no one bought any.

Make signs, yeah, and put it up a few days in advance saying it'll be a humid day :] and to come visit.

Years
    Well, make sure it's not on a really hot day, like one that's so hot that nobody's out. One time I had a lemonade stand as a child, and it was somewhere around 95 degrees. o_o Our only customer was the Fedex guy, because it was really, really hot out and nobody in their right mind would be outside.

Oh, also, you might want to consider something else along with the lemonade. I like lemonade stands that have popcorn and candy; you know, cheap stuff that you can profit off of.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    ^-_-

Experiment first on the ratio of sugar, lemon juice and water. If you have decided, then test it on the costumers. That's what I did few years back, but it's not lemonade. But the concept is the same.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    get a few bags of really cheap lollypops, put them in a jar and give them away free or really cheap. (If they're for free, put a big sign on the jar that says "FREE". It'll attract other kids. Put signs up. Make sure people can easily see the stand, and make the cute little girl visible (that would be your little sister), in case someone goes, "awww what a cute little girl, lets buy some lemonade".

It also might help if you make all the lemonade in one hit. Take a jug of it outside, and when you're running low you can go inside and get some more. And then if you do it the night/day before, you can make sure you get it right, so it's not to sweet or sour or anything. And put a heap of ice in the jug, so it's nice and cold. Maybe decorate the stand a little, or something to attract attention. Also maybe call a few of your friends and get them to stop by during the day. Might make your sister happier if you don't get many customers.

Well done on being a nice sibling. That's so sweet.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Try a TV commercial. O_O

Seriously though, I'd suggest you experiment with levels of lemon juice and sugar to get the flavor right, and set up in the hot days of summer.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Open up your own stall nearby which sells salty foods. These will make people thirsty and they will go to your sister's lemonade stand.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    How about a one day free lemonade and ask them if it taste good or not. Then tell them there's no free lemonade for tomorrow...

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I did this when I was little :3

Here's a list:
    • Get bendy straws (everyone loves bendy straws)
    • Get MINI UMBRELLAS (who doesn't love those either? :3)
    • If you live in a neighborhood with an entrance, sell it by the entrance rather than by your house
    • If at your house, try to attract people in cars
    • Sell it for no higher than $0.50
    • Make a large size that costs a dollar
    • Get the most colorful cups ever
    • Make your own lemonade obviously
    • Make lots of noises, wave, make eye contact whenever someone walks by.

Tada :3

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Sell it on politician campaign routes.

From what I can tell, George W. Bush bought Lemonade from stands in most states he rallied in during the 2004 election.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Call it 'special' lemonade.
    Rain, hail or shine that will get you customers xD

Lsamonade? :shocked:
    get a few bags of really cheap lollypops, put them in a jar and give them away free or really cheap. (If they're for free, put a big sign on the jar that says "FREE". It'll attract other kids.

This might work, they should make the sign say: "Free lolly with every purchase" though, to avoid the people just coming up to there for free candy.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Sell the lemonade for money.
    That.

For some reason, my IPC teacher mixed in psychology with the course >_> So I have to tell you according to my basic psychology that:

People like funny.

So, if you want to sell, you want to make something that catches the eye, mind, and memory. For example, Some super buff sexy super model with the face of a little girl stuck over her head and holding a lemonade and a sign that says "SUPER-LEMONADE!!!" is going to catch eye and give chuckles to people. So you gotta be smart. Because your chances of selling depend A LOT on getting the attention through this basic psychology.

So if I were you, I'd look into advertising, basic psychology, color theory, and economics in processes of selling stuff now and in the future.

Back