• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Tips for the dogs ?

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Woah, dogs are suppose to be easy to find in Gold =] An easy way is to get a pokemon UNDER the level of the dogs so about level 39 use repel and keep walking around different citys till you find them or you can check your pokedex for locations if you already have them on it. And just keep following them eventually you will get them, GL to you

Ariel

tsugi no mai, hakuren.
    Years
    A hint - once you have seen them once in the Wild, use the Pokedex, on the "Area" function to track them.

But until then, you have to rely on luck on their location. It's best to specifically hunt for them, rather than do it alongside other Quests. But until you actually see them, it is kinda down to luck to spot them first time.

Repel is your friend. Max-repel, even better. Get a fast Pokemon who can use moves such as Sleep Powder and hypnosis, to stop the Dogs from running while you wittle down their HP to red area. Use a weaker pokemon if need be. But for heaven's sake, NEVER use Poison. Since status effects like that stay with the Pokemon even if they run, the poison will keep in effect in your next battles with the Dog, and could cause major problems for you. Paralysis is handy, but Sleep is best one. Sleep Powder - good. =D
    Use a strong pokemon to lull them into sleep, then swap to weaker ones to get their life down. Admittedly, yeah, this is easier said than done, but with skill, and some luck, it can be done. It is pretty much essential to use Sleep, as at most instances, the Dog will flee from you.

ALSO - if you can, get a very fast Golbat to use "Mean Look"...that should stop the dog from fleeing from you. I have never tried that tactic myself, but it should work, as Mean Look prevents escape or switching out.

Hope that helps. ^_^

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    A hint - once you have seen them once in the Wild, use the Pokedex, on the "Area" function to track them.

But until then, you have to rely on luck on their location. It's best to specifically hunt for them, rather than do it alongside other Quests. But until you actually see them, it is kinda down to luck to spot them first time.

Repel is your friend. Max-repel, even better. Get a fast Pokemon who can use moves such as Sleep Powder and hypnosis, to stop the Dogs from running while you wittle down their HP to red area. Use a weaker pokemon if need be. But for heaven's sake, NEVER use Poison. Since status effects like that stay with the Pokemon even if they run, the poison will keep in effect in your next battles with the Dog, and could cause major problems for you. Paralysis is handy, but Sleep is best one. Sleep Powder - good. =D
    Use a strong pokemon to lull them into sleep, then swap to weaker ones to get their life down. Admittedly, yeah, this is easier said than done, but with skill, and some luck, it can be done. It is pretty much essential to use Sleep, as at most instances, the Dog will flee from you.

ALSO - if you can, get a very fast Golbat to use "Mean Look"...that should stop the dog from fleeing from you. I have never tried that tactic myself, but it should work, as Mean Look prevents escape or switching out.

Hope that helps. ^_^

You made my advice look like baby food >.> Yes Listen to her becuase its basically what I said and more clear.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2007
    ive already seen all of them but its hard for me to find them again , they keep moving.

Kitori_theTeamAquaSuicune

Aqua Snagger Kitori
    Years
    I really don't find "Mean Look" That useful.
    They have Roar.

Okay, I've used this strategy all the time and it is very reliable, but kind of slow.
    What you'll need is...

1. Max Repels

2. LOTS of Pokeballs (Ultr and Great work best, possible fast balls if you can)

3. A level 40 Pokemon that knows hypnosis (I suggest Haunter/Gengar or a Stantler for this job)

4. Quick Claw if you have it, which you should.

5. A level 40 pokemon that knows "False swipe" may be optional. For I did not use one, myself, Until I figured out what it was.

6. As many carbos as you can afford to increase your hypnosis Pokemons speed.

Alrighty then, now for the hard part. The map below may be useful.
    Tips for the dogs ?

Okay, it is first suggested that you confront them a couple of to make them weak by draining their hitpoints down before doing this. This is where the False Swipe Pokemon comes in handy.

Head to Ecruteak City and if they're not in the area, go in and out of any house you see. Keep up the process and check the pokedex until they've come to route 36. There is a high chance that they will head towards route 37, which is where you should be going. Now, make sure to have your pokemon with Hypnosis equipped with the quick claw.

When you go to Route 37, check the Pokedex to see if they are there. If they are not, repeat the Ecruteak house-in-and-out until they've reached Route 36 again and go back down to route 37 and check.Another way you can take the routes is if they are in route 35 while you are in 37. There is a very high chance that they will run into you at route 36.

If they are in Route 37, Use a max repel and start digging for your gold. make sure to have your pokemon ready, your Pokemon with hypnosis first in line. Once it appears, smack it with a hynosis and start chucking those pokeballs.

Have fun!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2007
    i got the water one today and the rest of them have very low HP. Im using a butterfrey with sleep powder and quick claw. It doesn't always strike first but it works most of the time.

Back