• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Tips on catching MewTwo

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    Now, i caught this on my sixth ultra ball.

Sleep powder is most likely the best move to use so it cannot use recover, then lob ultraballs like your life depended on it. I'd reccomend bringing about 50 ultraballs.

If you are unlucky with capturing it then restart your game and start again, you WILL need your master ball for the wild dog as it runs. But you could use mean look to entrap it then capture it with ultras, your choice.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Now, i caught this on my sixth ultra ball.

Sleep powder is most likely the best move to use so it cannot use recover, then lob ultraballs like your life depended on it. I'd reccomend bringing about 50 ultraballs.
    The Timer Ball is twice as strong as the Ultra Ball after waiting 30+ turns. Therefore, the Timer Ball is the preferred option. You can simply recover stall Mewtwo, which will leave it unable to recover by the 30 turn mark. Then, False Swipe it down to 1HP, put it to sleep, and chuck Timer Balls.

katonic

i'm a lover not a fighter
    Years
    hey, i finally caught it! i got some timer balls, then used those about 30ish turns in and caught it on very low hp (you know in firered when you think you've ko'd a poke but it just has a sliver of red you can hardly see? it was like that but i didn't have a poke with false swipe so it was just a lucky hit) and no status problems! i kept putting it to sleep but it would always wake up within 3 turns and i hadn't got the hp low enough while it was asleep. but i finally have it and have already transferred it to my diamond game, now i have 463 pokemon, only 30 left to collect....

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I personally just hit him with semi-powerful attacks and then sleep him. Pretty basic strategy, especially the spamming of my ultra balls.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    You can catch Marowak's on Victory Road with False Swipe
    And a Substitute will work great here, so it can take the hit when it wake up so you can put it to sleep again.

MrsMime

Humanshape Pokemon
    Years
    You can catch Marowak's on Victory Road with False Swipe
    And a Substitute will work great here, so it can take the hit when it wake up so you can put it to sleep again.
    Yeah that's a good tactic. Just throw out your HM slave or something as a scapegoat. XD

Back