• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    wooo i just got Pokemon White 2 but i just wanna know if theres any tips or out that could help me out in the game?

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
    Years
  • Well here is a tip
    1) The game is more challenging that previous games
    2) Use the Dowsing Machine a lot
    3) Get a Magnamite for Roxie, 2nd Gym
    4) If you want an Eevee, go hunt one down in the Castelia Park
    5) Balance your team out, don't have five physical attacks and 1 special. Keep it close to 1/2 and 1/2.

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Well here is a tip
    1) The game is more challenging that previous games
    2) Use the Dowsing Machine a lot
    3) Get a Magnamite for Roxie, 2nd Gym
    4) If you want an Eevee, go hunt one down in the Castelia Park
    5) Balance your team out, don't have five physical attacks and 1 special. Keep it close to 1/2 and 1/2.
    Thanks alot ill get a eevee and evolve it into a glaceon thanks again

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    My tip:

1. Take your time through the game and enjoy the storyline.
    2. Stock up on potions and other healing items to help advance through the Elite 4 and Gym Leaders.
    3. Remember to save regularly! (My friend learn't the hard way).
    4. Balance your team, don't have loads of the same type. Try your choices and expand on other types.
    5. Don't catch any Legendaries until you've beaten the Elite 4! They all respawn at level 65-70. I'd recommend getting them after.

Have fun with it! I've got White 2 myself.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • wooo i just got Pokemon White 2 but i just wanna know if theres any tips or out that could help me out in the game?

Congrats on getting White 2! You're gonna have a great adventure. :D

For starters, I'd recommend you pick Oshawott. You won't regret it. He's a good, strong and solid team member, unless you already have another water type in mind, then pick whichever suits you best.

For Roxie's poison-type gym, catch a Magnemite which can be found the the Complex south of the town. With it, you won't have any trouble defeating this gym, unless you prefer a bit of a challenge and going for it with whatever you already have. ;)

Your team will almost probably be under-leveled before challenging each gym. I'd advise you to go Audino-training in shaking grass quite a lot. Once you get the lucky egg, use it to its full potential with the Audinos! That would definitely help you.

Oh and of course, make sure you have a team with a good variety of types with you. You should already know this, just a friendly reminder. :)

Hmm..I would have probably said a lot of the stuff people here have already said, but this is what I would personally advise you. All the best and remember to enjoy your journey! :D

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    thankyou all i have listened to all the advise and tryed to stick to it and most of yous have said 'enjoy your adventure' etc well i have :D haha

Ragonkai

Dragon Trainer
    Years
  • Sadly Glaceon is not available to use until post-E4 as the Ice Rock is located in Twist Mt, which is a Post-E4 area now.

Did not know that, thanks!

As for OP:

Take your time with it.
    Talk to everyone.
    Get every dust pile thing you see! The random encounters can be annoying but it's worth it if you get a shard!

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
    Years
  • Same thing with the Leaf Rock, its post game aswell. The original five are avalible, and if you go with any I highly reccomend Vaporeon, Espeon, or Jolteon as they have more potential over Umbreon and Flareon in terms of an in-game team memeber

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • If you have wifi/can get access to wifi, be sure to participate in the Magnamite Coil.

If your going to use a Pidove/its evo's, be sure to get one with Super Luck, give it a Scope Lens, and make sure it learns Air Slash. You will love the results, especially in double/triple battles. (Hint hint, 50% chance of criticals.)

EQUALSGAMER

Proud user of Garbodor
    Years
  • I found it hard to train in the first few gyms because the leader was stronger than my pokemon but the wild ones were to weak, but once i got going i manged to find good training spots. Once you find legendarys use timer balls and tons of revives once you get their health down just keep throwing them each one will have a better chance than the last thats how i got latias. Its probably common knowledge by now but ALWAYS save before you fight a legendary. Explore every nook and cranny you can you don't have any idea what pokemon you might find. And most importantly SIT BACK AND ENJOY, I have beat the game and I can say this is a great game even though I beat the elite four, stopped team plasma and beat the unova challenge there is still a ton of stuff to do since i just found latias who knows who else is in this game? It gives a good story great sceneary and theres just so much to do.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Really, guys, really? This topic doesn't even come close to deserving its own thread. A question like this should be answered by the tons of threads discussing just about everything on the games. Read those,a nd you'll pick up some tips. Also, if you ever have another Quick Question, please, do NOT open a new thread, use the Quick Questions thread at the top of the page. It is a "sticky" thread which means it will always be on top on every page of these forums.

Closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back