• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Title of Next Harry Potter Book Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Cool! Next title announced?

Hermione having a baby? O_o I don't think so... must be something about ...royalty in the wizard world and the fact that the prince is a mudblood...or something...or...it might be pertaining to Lord Voldemort himself...

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    kill.harp said:
    I bet it's about how Hermoine has his baby and he's royalty. Or something.

I highly doubt that, since the chances of them all being adults by the next book is EXTREMELY low.

The Half Blood Prince eh? Well, this certainly sounds intriguing. oO; This title is definitely more mind-boggling then The Order of The Pheonix, as it atleast gave more of a hint of what it is about (yes, I do realize that it probably will involve a half-blooded prince, but to what this princes purpose, and who he may be, is still a mystery).

Also, I doubt this one will take as long, since if she keeps going at this pace, the HP movie series will eventually have to take a 3 year break, and no one wants to wait THAT long.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    O.o

I read it on The Leaky Cauldron and got this quote straight from JKR.
    But as a little bonus, and compensation for having been messed around by Mr. or Ms. Storg?, I shall tell you one thing without making you shift any bricks at all: the HBP is neither Harry nor Voldemort. And that's all I'm saying on THAT subject until the book's published.

So something tells me there is a new person. And it's a prince. o_O

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Maybe the prince is Arthur Weasley? O_o; After Dumbledore, Arthur is the muggle-born king. Anyway, that name is crazy. o_o;

aRedMoon

Years
    The Weasley clan are referred to as the "bad type of purebloods", so I doubt that Arthur fits the description of "Half Blood" Prince. o_O

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    The Weasley clan are referred to as the "bad type of purebloods", so I doubt that Arthur fits the description of "Half Blood" Prince. o_O

Hmm... do you think that it could be someone brought back from the dead? I know this sounds odd, but that "Half-blood" part of the title has got to mean something. Maybe he only has half of his blood, and needs some sort of other substance to keep him alive as well. x_o

EDIT: I thought of a MUCH better possibility.

I think that when they say "half-blood" they mean that the prince is half muggle and half magic. In the next book, perhaps Harry, Ron, and Hermione, go searching to find out who the half-blood prince is. I can't believe I didn't think of this. Oo;;

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Years
    Yeah, I think that's what people are talking about, half-blood as in half muggle, half witchard.

Colin & Seamus are possibilities, as they are both half-bloods. And since JKR has mentioned that there are hints about the 6th book hidden in CoS, I'm thinking Colin just because that's when he showed up.

And for some reason, the idea that Draco Malfoy may be the prince is floating around. o_O

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I think that "half-blood prince" rules out all purebloods, so that means the Weasleys and Malfoys are out, but I would still guess that it's someone at Hogwarts...at least I hope it would be someone there. I wish I could speculate more, but only having the title doesn't provide much information...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    This seems cool....that would be strange if hermonie had a kid...as a teen...

According to Rowling, this was originally going to be the title of "Chamber of Secrets," but when she went with Chamber, she knew this would be the title for Book 6... apparently there are ties between this book & Chamber... gonna have to go back and re-read Chamber, paying very close attention...

Now if J.K. can get this out for next summer...

Or before Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson graduate college...

aRedMoon

Years
    It's not a mudblood either, because mudbloods have no magical heritage, like Hermione.

So it has to be someone that has one magical parent and one muggle parent. ;;>>

*holds up fist* JKR, you better hury with this one!

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
    It says the paperback version of HBP will come out August 10!!!!!!! did anyone read the entire page? cause thats what it said! *is very happy he dont have to wait another 3 years*

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Yah, I read that too. And I just saw the third movie yesterday (late huh?) We'll I did want to avoid the crowd if I went and saw it on the first day.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Sapphire Latios said:
    It says the paperback version of HBP will come out August 10!!!!!!! did anyone read the entire page? cause thats what it said! *is very happy he dont have to wait another 3 years*
    ...I think that was referring to Order of the Phoenix.

aRedMoon

Years
    It can't be HBP. o.o; Has to be OOTP. ;;>>

And I read OOTP in a matter of 11 hours.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back