• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tnguye3's Art Gallery

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
  • Well, I really like drawing and stuff, and after reading the rules...rules...and more rules I came to the conclusion that I'm allowed to post hand drawn and digital art here, as I was overwhelmed by the amount of "Art Sections" in this forum. @_@
    I thought I'd like to share some of my ideas and a bit of my world...Geuss that's how ya phrase it...? xD
    Anyways, Tah-Dah!

Fakemon designs:
    Spoiler:

Here's some doodles and stuff I did during class out of boredom.
    https://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1057/tsuruyapenfull.jpg

https://img338.imageshack.us/img338/584/arielmanga.jpg

https://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8717/teressacgline.jpg

https://img259.imageshack.us/img259/8152/valkiriamanga.jpg

https://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1369/valkyriabattle.jpg

https://img688.imageshack.us/img688/4886/flyffbldoodle.jpg

https://img806.imageshack.us/img806/7779/flyffbpdoodle.jpg
    Yay, one of my favourite classes in Flyff! Asalraalaikum (Flyff fans will kow what I'm talking about. xD)

Well, share your opinions.
    Comment and Crit is also appreciated.
    So yah! Don't know what else to say... O_O" ...Enjoy? xD

EDIT: Woops! The doodles are REALLY big...You can right click and open in a new card but...I'll edit it so that it opens in a new window just in case... Sorry! T.T

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Awesome collection you have here! I somehow lol'd at Lydra line because I have a similar Fakemon idea some time before. :D

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • Some fakemons looked like it was based on something.
    I'll list them:
    Firabre = Raikou?(Head)
    Blazeon = Beyblade Driger?
    Lydra = Meganium?
    Hyperdron = Blue eyes ultimate dragon + salamence body?
    Hardillo = Sandshrew?
    Rabbifrost = Raichu?
    Flobella = Gardevoir?

overall not bad ;)
    Your doodles are little sexy( you know...) but they're great!

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Some of your Fakemon are good enough to be real Pokemon! Bunnice would be my favorite Pokemon if it existed. It's cute, yet evil at the same time.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
  • I really like some of your concepts, especially the Lydra line and the Seedling line. The art itself is pretty good, if not a little too simplistic. Some of your lines look kind of stiff (especially in the case of Gardedge, which looks just a little bit too much like Repede from Tales of Vesperia in both pose and design) but that can't be helped depending on what tools you're using. I also like your shading a lot, especially on Faust and Hyperdron.

Overall, I'd say you've got a lot of potential. Just try to keep your ideas original. ^^

tnguye3

Years
  • Thanks for all the comments and critique guys! I'll take em into account and work on my concepts to improve. ;)
    PokeDialga!, you got some of em correct! xD
    Some fakemons looked like it was based on something.
    I'll list them:
    Firabre = Raikou?(Head) Nope
    Blazeon = Beyblade Driger? Nope
    Lydra = Meganium? Never thought of it but now that you mention it, it looks like a Meganium without the petals and different color and legs...oh, and with a longer tail. xD
    Hyperdron = Blue eyes ultimate dragon + salamence body? No Yu-Gi-Oh, but yeah, I did think about Salamance's body.
    Hardillo = Sandshrew? The head. xD
    Rabbifrost = Raichu? Nope
    Flobella = Gardevoir? Yup! xD

overall not bad ;)
    Your doodles are little sexy( you know...) but they're great!
    ^ I lolled ^

I really like some of your concepts, especially the Lydra line and the Seedling line. The art itself is pretty good, if not a little too simplistic. Some of your lines look kind of stiff (especially in the case of Gardedge, which looks just a little bit too much like Repede from Tales of Vesperia in both pose and design) but that can't be helped depending on what tools you're using. I also like your shading a lot, especially on Faust and Hyperdron.

Overall, I'd say you've got a lot of potential. Just try to keep your ideas original. ^^
    Thanks and yeah, I did base Gardedge on Repede (Except he doesn't have the dope tail, dagger and the pipe! xD) cause well, Repede is just plain cool. I'd love to have him as a dog...Ekhem back on topic.

I'm using Paint.NET, and I use "curve lines" as lineart. xD

You do a lot better than I do. I'm a noob :P The coloring could be a little better. I'd suggest to color them with GIMP.
    *Sinks in deep thought...*
    Okay!
    *Goes to download Gimp and look for Sugi style Tuts.*

Last edited:

tnguye3

Years
  • Haven't updated this thread in ages! (Prolly half a year+ old now)
    Anyways, I'm not really bothered to create a new thread and make 3+ new pictures, so I hope it's okay to bump this WITH an update. :P

Admins please don't kill me! xD
    I'm aware about the 1 month old thread rule, just not sure if it applies to pixel art only or all threads, in any case I'm assuming all threads, but yeh this is a lot more convenient, so if this thread has to be locked up because of an update, then so be it *ends speech*.

Anyways, so I bought a graphic tablet cause I always moaned about being suckish at coloring. Well, I gave it a spin and this popped out: [WARNING!!! Big image]
    Spoiler:

It's fun to color (takes forever tho) however it's harder to draw as I constantly have to stare at the screen and I can't flip the tablet around like I do with paper. xD
    So yeah I gotta practise till I get used to it.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Miss spelt "Spoiler" on the Spoiler tag, voiding the whole function of it. xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2013
    Wow your actually pretty good at this.
    I think that your style of fakemon strays a bit from the traditional, the lines are a bit chunky and if you look closely on the official artwork there shading technique is a bit different. But overall I think that your fakemon style is actually quite impressive. Bravo.

As for your 'doodles' (I'd prefer not to call them that as they look to skilled to be doodles) I'm guessing these are quite recent as the technique used is excellent! the way that you've shaded them in certain areas is just exquisite, especially the eyes. As for your recent digital drawing I must say, I think its a bit sloppy. I don't mean that in a bad way, but by the looks of your drawings you could be capable of making professional level drawings. Its mostly the colouring style you have, I can see that your quite new to colouring in your art work and such, might I suggest looking at some tutorials? But overall it also looks pretty awesome, better than anything I could ever do.

tnguye3

Years
  • thnx for the crit, however those doodles are old and well, they're doodles. xD
    and yeah im trying to get the hang of drawing on the tablet, however it's pretty hard and im trying to get used to it. xD
    and yeah im new to coloring (surprised you could tell just by looking at the picture) and im trying to do some awesome CG art like the ones in visual novels.

thanks for the crit and i'll try workup my skills on tablet drawing, but for now i'll stick to drawing fakemon as it's way easier. xD

here's a lil something:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Oh I like the pose on that guy in the post before your last!
    In terms of being unable to flip the tablet like a page, I suggest trying PaintTool SAI, because it has a rotation capability that lets you turn the image as if you were turning the page!

I love your coloring style, though I would suggest using pinker tones for the skin and perhaps making the jaw/cheek area a little less intensely angular? xD I dunno, it sort of goes well with your style, but it confuses me. xDD

I hope to see more from you though, digital rocks! *U*d

Novalis

Hisorian
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 14, 2012
    These are nice. I like what you have going here. Keep it up.

tnguye3

Years
  • Hey, so I'm back with more stuff, massive update:

Pokemon Trainer Purple:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

One of my Fakemons, Thundrar:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

Photoshop practise -- Steelix:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

Again, Photoshop practise - this time a Dragon's head:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

And finally my first complete piece, the legendary fakemon from my region, Blaziel:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

I also made a card for him. :P
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

tnguye3

Years
  • Another update, this time Frostel, the Ice Legendary from my region:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

I also put them together:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

Credits to JESGRAD07 for the Fakemon logo. :3

Here's his card:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • You've gotten tons better! One of my suggestions was going to be for you to experiment with lineart and lineart colour but I can see you're doing that already! Keep it up! You've also improved with structure and colour! It's looking great!

tnguye3

Years
  • Thanks for your comments! ;]
    Did some more stuffz here:
    Another legendary called Unitiel:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

And Sandslash's evolution, Sandking:
    Tnguye3's Art Gallery

Back