• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To anyone who beta-tested for GlitterGold or has one of its demos:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Well, if you recall, I had that whole computer issue where I lost everything I had worked on with the game, and Shadow Pingu sent me the version with the CBS. Thing is, since he used it to make a new game, all the switches were wiped out, as were some variables (I think). Now, I've recently started working on the game again, but I can't really do much in terms of events because of those missing switches, so I'm asking anyone who might still have it for the last GlitterGold demo I released. I'm sure I sent it to the beta testers, but seeing as how it's been a year or two since I paused the game, they probably don't have it. Still, any help is appreciated.

As for the game's new thread, it's still being approved by Avatar.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Awesome! I've missed your project, it'll be nice to see you working on it again. Also, I hope you get the demo back.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Yeah, that's the one I downloaded after Pingu gave me what he had. Sadly, it doesn't go up to around the point where I left off event-wise. I'm hoping someone, and it's most likely the beta-testers, still has the last demo I sent them, which I think should have all the switches and everything up to the Elite 4 (where I left off). In the event that nobody has it, I'll play through Crystal and figure out what switch went where.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    Yeah, that's the one I downloaded after Pingu gave me what he had. Sadly, it doesn't go up to around the point where I left off event-wise. I'm hoping someone, and it's most likely the beta-testers, still has the last demo I sent them, which I think should have all the switches and everything up to the Elite 4 (where I left off). In the event that nobody has it, I'll play through Crystal and figure out what switch went where.

You don't necessarily even need to play Crystal. All you really need is an "in-depth" guide. (Most of the paperback guides you could find in stores at the time had essentially everything, including post-elite 4. Although, I must admit, if the battery on your Crystal still functions, it might be well worth playing through again. (my brother's doesn't work anymore, and he just recently started playing through, while leaving it turned on in his SP when he wasn't playing)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    You don't necessarily even need to play Crystal. All you really need is an "in-depth" guide. (Most of the paperback guides you could find in stores at the time had essentially everything, including post-elite 4. Although, I must admit, if the battery on your Crystal still functions, it might be well worth playing through again. (my brother's doesn't work anymore, and he just recently started playing through, while leaving it turned on in his SP when he wasn't playing)
    Actually, I have the Crystal ROM. XD

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Yeah, I've been planning from the start to put that event in. It was really a letdown that the English game took that out.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Avatar to approve the game's new thread, and he said it was missing a link to a demo, which I sent him...two weeks ago, and no reply yet. I really hope he read it...

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    I might have it on the old Windows box at home, but a) That's an old, crappy, not-running-well machine, b) the version of GlitterGold I had was probably really old, and c) I'm on vacation right now, so I can't get to it for two weeks or so.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Okay, LJ, I don't want you to go to the trouble. :D

Well, I've been going through the events lately, and I noticed that the majority of the switches I've been looking to name dealt with getting the Trainers' phone numbers and refusing to get them. So I went through all the trainer events and named each switch appropriately. Now the only ones missing should be the doors opening, rocks being smashed, and the switches I used to open the doors in the Goldenrod Underground Team Rocket saga.

Back