• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To fit in or not to fit in~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, do you usually follow the in crowd or are you a total loner? Do you prefer to have a dozen friends or just a few of them? Why?

For me, I prefer to be the loner. I don't like being part of the crowd or anything. I have a few close friends I can relate to over having a dozen of them. I keep to myself and choose to be the watcher instead of the follower. I think most of it is due to bad experiences with losing friends plus having autism as well.

Ultramarine

Turn the tables
    Years
  • The title and the topic are different, to me at least.

I most certainly do not fit in. I don't do this on purpose, I'm just weird. I don't conform either.

Am I a loner? No. If I have friends with me in a given situation, I will definitely stay by them and make conversation. However, I'm not the kind of person who's making friends, I lack the confidence to do that. All but one of my friends approached me as oppose to the opposite. That doesn't really make me a loner though.

Do I have a lot of friends? Yah, huh, I guess I do. I have a couple of close friends, but I also have many other friends that I'm not as close with.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I don't follow the crowd often. I have always made my own choices in life, but sometimes that has resulted in me losing friends or ending up unhappy. It's worth the loss to ensure I don't compromise myself or my morals if that is the alternate choice.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen today
    I agree with Ultramarine - fitting in or not doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the number of friends you make/have. I feel like I've always been kinda different from my friends and I never quite fit in, but it doesn't make me a loner.

Personally, I think that you can't ever have too many friends. You don't have to hang out with all of them every day, it's just another person you can count on or talk to when you need to. Close friends is a different thing though, only got a few of those.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • i do not fit in at all. i live in southern usa where everyone tries way too hard to be country and sorority girl / frat boy and it is annoying as hell. thats just not me lol

i would say i have a lot of friends though, but we all couldn't be more different from one another and i really don't know how it works out but it does.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I fit in fairly well I believe, I have lots of friends, I hate being alone. I thrive off social interaction I dont follow the crowd we move as one as a friend group we don't leave our own behind. However in my inner inner friend group they aren't happy with the fact that I'm friends with just about everyone in the form and just about everyone in the form is on their I HATE list. I really dont understand them

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Do I fit in? Yes I'm usually able to make friends/fit in in some way wherever I go. Sometimes it takes a little longer than others because I take a while to fully reveal myself to others.

As for following the crowd or being a loner I feel like neither. I just like what I like whether it's popular or not and because of that some things I like are very popular with most people and some things I like are considered very weird by most people. I'm friendly with lots of people but I'm only very close to less than a handful of them. I consider this pretty normal though? idk I feel like just your average person

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • I do not fit in. Not at all.

Outside of my ever so interesting Internet life, I am friends with people who are the complete opposite of what I am. However, these individuals turned out to be way more accepting than those who I'd consider ''my type''.

Ironic, isn't it?

Years
  • Nah, man, I don't fit in. Not in a bad way, like some guy I know who used to zip his coat up fully, pull up his head and roll around in a ball on the ground, but in a way that people don't care to include me in their group of friends because we have no common interests. I've found that, as an 18 year old guy, I have to be into sports and going to clubs and parties a lot to fit in, as well as talking about girls as if they're animals. I've gone to a club once and do enjoy parties, but that's it. I just don't fit the image that I should fit and so I've found that I don't fit in. I'm not willing to change to fit in though, when I come to think about it. I suppose I fit in with my friends because none of us fit in with anybody else.

As for friends, I like having a lot, but not a large group. It keeps me busy since they're all scattered all over. Oddly enough, I am sort of a part of a large group of people when it comes to friends (the misfits, really). I do have a lot of friends, but I don't fit in. That makes so sense, but that's how it is.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • I don't follow crowds or trends. Not just because I'm a blind hipster contrarian going against whatever visible normalcy I can pick out of popular culture, but because I like to see where things go and think 'em through before I jump in.

Boyyyy am I glad I didn't hop on some'a the things I've passed up on hahaha.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't really aim to follow crowds, and I don't aim to be someone whose super different. I like being in the middle. There are things about me that make me easy to fit into a crowd, and there's things about me that make me feel like I'm an outcast sometimes. There are times where it's essential to blend in, and there's times where it's important to stand out. I think I manage that just fine.

For friends, I prefer only having a small, really tight circle of friends. Maybe 8-14 friends at a time. I can't deal with the pressures of maintaining friendships with a lot of people. I just can't do that. I feel too pressured and it makes me feel overwhelmed and claustrophobic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Fit in? Hm well, when I see a bunch of people being friendly together it's actually distancing. I think like "they're quite content without me, so I don't need to plant myself among them", and in my experience, any time I try to, I feel largely ignored anyway. So, I only pursue relationships with individuals and not groups.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I am a loner but all of my friends try to force me into social situations so I don't have a choice but to follow the in crowd. Not saying I fall into peer pressure easily, but I don't want to be a dickhead to my friends when all they're trying to do is be around me.

Years
  • I'm on the loner side. Based on the clothing that I wear, people would probably think that I'm trying to "fit in" in terms of the latest fashion trends, but that's not the case. I merely wear what I think is comfortable. Aside from that, everything that I do, and everything that I stand for isn't in an effort to blend in with everyone. Even though that not fitting in could potentially attract attention to me, which I don't like, I don't mind being different. That's what makes me a unique individual, and that's what I want to be :)

Years
  • I don't really fit in anywhere, heck me and the rest of my family are like mirror opposites, except i look almost the same as my dad. I have a few friends at least so it's not all bad I guess. I've always found it hard to talk to people in real life, especially those who I have not met before. I don't mind being like this though, the existence of computers and internet allow me to talk so freely and so much more easily.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do fit in usually. Like to be surrounded by friends and people that care about me and I them, and when I want to I can make new friends pretty easily. However, that all changes if I'm in a bad mood. Then, I simply don't want anyone to talk to me, and become a total loner in that regard. My social image at school or anywhere I go is not of any importance to me, and I could care less about what others think. As long as I'm happy, it doesn't matter!

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • People should be free to be there own person and not follow the crowd. If everyone were the same and liked and did the same thing, life would be very boring. Being unique is a good thing.

That being said, I prefer to be myself and not fit in. It's just not my style. I wear clothes that are comfortable instead of the "latest trends". I prefer to surround myself with people I trust rather than a bunch of people. However, most of the time, I like to be myself. It gives me a chance to block out all surrounding stimuli and let myself relax, but that's just me.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I have a lot of friends at school but I don't think I'm that close to a lot of them. I have probably 2-3 close friends. I think I'm just too quiet and my school has a limited selection of people to choose from :P

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • the crowd follows me I'm more of a group oriented person. I'm more of a people's person, but I really do like being alone at times.

DarkIllumination

The one in the darkness
    Years
  • I'm mostly a lone wolf and I only speak when necessary, I spend my time relaxing with music and singing my favorite songs and I can be sociable with people I can relate to and my family most of the time and I know the meaning of fun, not being a statue or boring, I always do everything different each day to sate my boredom and Pokémon helps along with my exercises, I have charm but, I rarely use it since no woman catches my interest.
    Remember, always stay true to yourself even if others disagree.

Back