• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To kill or not to kill

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    Say a magic fairy appears in front of you one day and gives you a death note -- a notebook where you could kill anyone in any way so long as you can picture his/her face and write down his/her full name. Would you use it? If so, who would you kill and why? If not, why not?

At this point, would the ability to murder anyone at anytime without being caught bear any weight on your conscience? Does the concept of a death note have any effect on the objective moral gravity of killing a person?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can't think of anyone at this point in time that I would even want dead. Even people that were terrible to me; I wouldn't want to be the cause of their death, even if I was the only person that knew it.

Even if I could write someone down from the past that was truly evil like Hitler I wouldn't because I'd be afraid it would change the world I'm in too much.

Sirfetch’d

I couldn't do it. Even if I despised someone that much I would not want to be the cause of their death. It would weigh on my mind forever and I couldn't live with that. Plus I would be stooping to the level of the person who made me hate them for some reason or another and that isn't cool.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I may consider it for a truly evil person like previously mentioned dictators and such, but even then I don't know if I'd be able to do it, I don't feel like I should be able to decide who lives and who dies. I'd sooner get rid of the notebook:/

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    I don't have anyone in mind that I want dead, honestly. Yes, there are people that need to be dealt with, but death literally wouldn't help. As for big time politicians or whatnot, I honestly wouldn't. Not because I don't think death is bad, etc, but because I probably don't know enough about them/have enough proof they're evil to want them six feet under. On the chance that I do, I'm still doubtful.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Did someone mentioned Death Note?
    Spoiler:

I really don't have anyone that I want to kill right now. Maybe evil corrupting politicians? But who'll replace them later? Someone else at the same level of evil? Will it just end up with a never-ending cycle? That's the problem.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I would kill anyone I see who doesn't fit in with what I think is acceptable. Stupid people would no longer have an island, they would have a hole in the ground. ♥♥♥♥♥s would not exist, a lot of pop and rap artists would be gone. A lot of things would no longer exist because anyone that partook in that thing would die. I would kill people who did drugs, and I would do what Light did and kill criminals. I would form the world into the perfect place, sure you'd fear doing anything wrong but that's what a god is for. Everything would be peaceful.

Years
    I can only think of 1 person i would kill at the moment. I would probably eventually come up with a "few" other people to kill.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    Do I get a cool Shinigami or...?

I'd probably use it. (At the very least once to see if it actually worked.) I'd go for corrupt political leaders etc. then probably mess up somewhere, cause world war 3, and wipe out the planet unintentionally knowing my luck.

I'd feel bad at first, but to have such an opportunity to do something so... different without consequence as long as I avoid anyone I know personally/doing anything that makes it obvious who I am, I should be fine. Murder is still murder though, and if I did use such an opportunity, I would still be a vile person for doing it.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    I do have a few people i wish were dead right now, and as a man who's generally trying to avoid confrontations, the fact i could kill them withour getting caught would mean a lot to me.
    First, i would kill a former friend who had stabbed me in the back multiple time, even now, but i have to deal with his ♥♥♥♥ because almost nobody wants to kick him out of our friends circle, which is really pissing me off.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    There are a couple of people I wish never existed; problem is, I don't know their full names, because I don't want to kill someone else with my death note by accident.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    IIRC you could also write up the way they'd die along with the name right? Well after killing the fairy(No witnesses of course!), I'd idly sit with it contemplating on its use. I'd probably cave in, the abuse of it is too tempting

Years
    Proooobably not.

Not even considering that there's no one I'd be tempted to off (not personally anyway. there's no one in the world that I've known that I hate enough to consider that), I'd be very wary of any possible moral decay that might come with it. That kind of power is way too easy to abuse...

"Oh but it's only [this kind of person], surely it's okay this time as well."

Nah, I'll pass though. Not my place to pass that kind of judgment.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'm going to be that one ♥♥♥♥♥ and say that I'd use the Death Note to kill people, yes. But only criminals who deserve it.

Back