• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tokyo Ghoul

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years

Tokyo Ghoul

The suspense horror/dark fantasy story is set in Tokyo, which is haunted by mysterious "ghouls" who are devouring humans. People are gripped by the fear of these ghouls whose identities are masked in mystery. An ordinary college student named Kaneki encounters Rize, a girl who is an avid reader like him, at the café he frequents. Little does he realize that his fate will change overnight.

[Source]

Information

Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Jul 4, 2014 to ?
    Producers: Studio Pierrot, FUNimation EntertainmentL
    Genres: Action, Mystery, Drama, Horror, Supernatural, Psychological

Years
    The series looks promising. Some stuff were really predictable, while other stuff left me with a "Wait..Did that happen?". At first the MC looked kinda....Disappointing? I'm glad that didn't last long and he kinda changed(hoping for the better). I have read that the manga is a big hit in Japan, so I hope the studio doesn't ♥♥♥♥ it up.

This is most likely(if they don't ruit it) one of the best summer series.

Yuoaman

Years
    I haven't read anything on the manga, but the first episode was definitely the most promising start for any of this season's anime that I've watched thus far. I'm really looking forward to how it develops in the episodes to come.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    This is one of the few anime I'm watching this season (along with akame ga kiru and zankyou no terror). Well yeah the MC is kind of a spineless twit at first, but we know that archetype leaves room for character development as the story moves on.

I've read the manga BTW, although only up to 70+ i think (these are the ones translated to english) while the raws end up to 130+.

Years
    Definitely hope it lives up to my expectation for the series because out of all the summer series, this would have to be my choice. First episode was gruesome to say the least, but nothing that's completely unexpected. Looking forward to what exactly happens to the protagonist :P

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I knew what was coming since I watched the preview/trailer on Youtube, but wow, this looks like my #1 series this season already. Horror is nice. 8)

Years
    Another episode of this lovely series, but sadly they REALLY want to censor it as much as they can.

As we saw from the cool opening the MC will be getting an awesome mask, will most likely be used in his Ghoul lifestyle. I haven't read the manga, but I was sure there would be "hunters" for the Ghouls and they revealed them(The white haired dude looks strange yet awesome at the same time).

I am kinda mad that they censor so much of it. The whole show is kinda centered around gore, just let it have the damn gore.

NSFW GORE/BLOOD
    Spoiler:

NSFW GORE/BLOOD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Another episode of this lovely series, but sadly they REALLY want to censor it as much as they can.

As we saw from the cool opening the MC will be getting an awesome mask, will most likely be used in his Ghoul lifestyle. I haven't read the manga, but I was sure there would be "hunters" for the Ghouls and they revealed them(The white haired dude looks strange yet awesome at the same time).

I am kinda mad that they censor so much of it. The whole show is kinda centered around gore, just let it have the damn gore.

NSFW GORE/BLOOD
    Spoiler:

NSFW GORE/BLOOD

Actually it's centered around HanaKana.
    Well... You can always wait for BDs.

Yuoaman

Years
    Yeah, the censorship was over-the-top, but I'm definitely going to stick with the series, it does a lot of interesting stuff.

Years
    This sounds promising, I'm disappointed I'm hearing about a lot of censoring though.
    Hopefully the characters and plot will make up for that, sounds like it is going to have a lot of elements I'll love.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Horrifying. Just how I like it. It's been a while since I've seen a good horror anime with actual plot, and this looks like it's going to bring just that. 4/6 of the listed genres are some of my favorites as well.

Tbh I don't mind the censorship. I don't see the point when this anime is clearly going to have tons of it, but it's definitely not gonna keep me from watching this.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Everyone I know is watching it while I'm here cringing at all the blood 'cause I'm not a fan of blood-happy anime or movies... or any blood-happy videos actually.

But I'm a fan of blood-happy manga/novels/actually-anything-that's-not-a-video-type-of-media for some odd reason, so I might check out the manga. I don't want to miss out on the fun, after all.

Years
    Another great episode! I'm liking every character they introduce. It's nice that the MC is making progress, not like some MCs (The don't change at all, but oh wait! The power of friendship makes him change or some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ like that). This MC just adapts.

This episodes had it's funny moments, awesome/badass ones and just making you feel all nice inside. This series is really top 3 of this season.(Along with Aldnoah.Zero and Zankyou no Terror)

Back