• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tommorow I dine in hell :O

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    So I was unsure about if the childrens toy chain in the country still sell pokemon cards, since It's been years since I last bought a pack. Today I've gotten confirmation from two girls on ChatRoulette, one perv on ChatRoulette, a nerd on ChatRoulette aswell as a Pokemon expert on a national forum.

Tommorow I go to this hellish dimension known as Barnens Hus, or "The Childrens House" being the direct translation. There is no unholier place as cuddly as this one, but I have to go there. To help inspire the men (me) I have prepared a display by Primetime to open 180 booster packs within the next two hours. So far we are on part 5 out of 12.

Wish me luck ;( going into that store is the most embarassing thing ever. Worse than being called the new Justin Bieber. :(

Oh and, what do you guys think about the price of 7$ per 10 cards? Is it good or bad? :S

Last edited:
    Years
  • What's the big deal? It's just a toy store! You should have gotten a gaggle of friends to go with you if you really don't wanna be seen there.

I don't know what the heck you're talking about with that price. That isn't the price of cards where I am (but I live in America and only have to pay $4 per pack at most), and I'd have to know your country of origin to figure out if that's a reasonable price or not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    You went on chat roulette to find out if they still sell pokemon cards in stores? Lol I suppose that's one way.
    Also... this is a pokemon forum. Don't you think we go into toy stores all the time? ;) There's nothing embarassing about it, I'm sure if you look around you'll notice plenty of adults in the store buying board games, sports figures, video games, etc.
    As for the price, if you mean $7 American per booster pack, yeah, it's high. As Donavannj mentioned it's about $4 in the states and it's usually $5 in Canada. Toy stores tend to mark them up.

BeliVuk

Pokemon Stadium 64 Player
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2012
    $7 USD that is, equaling 50 SEK or Swedish Crowns.

It's really embarrassing, I mean this isn't a toy store. This is a childrens toy store. This is like entering the ball pit at McDonalds at the age of 30 ._.

edit*

I just bought two packs! :D

The first two rares was a reverse holo Zekrom followed by a reverse holo Pokémon communications trainer, the second pack rares was a reverse holo Timburr followed by a rare Alomomola.

It pleases me.

I love the smell of new cards... Brings back so many memories...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, basically all toy stores are children's toy stores, that being the target age group of toy makers to sell and market their toys to!

Though there's got to be at least one other seller in your country that sells Pokemon cards. Like, say, a bookstore. Or some sort of hobby shop. Or maybe one of those big retailers that sells everything.

Back