• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tomorrow never comes

Anacortes

absurdities..
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    Many eyes stare tiredly,
    As the rain falls down.
    Who knows somewhere far away,
    You can hear a pleading sound.

It's all right here inside a lonely room,
    Where I can see you no longer.
    If it takes all of myself to get to you,
    I really would wonder.

Tomorrow signals a promising call,
    That we will be together once and for all.
    But when will that day reach me,
    So far and away for the eye to see?

Until you can come rescue me,
    I will stay here and wait.
    Only wishing that tomorrow would come,
    No matter it be how late.

As many years have passed,
    I can see it not far away.
    Finally my chance has come,
    I walk up to you and say...

How long has I waited like that,
    So alone in the rain.
    You in paradise watching me,
    Didn't you feel any pain?

When I thought tomorrow'd never come,
    Why didn't you give it to me...​

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • Very good poem, very thought provoking while at the same time leaving a sence of satisfaction that it didn't end abruptly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that its a relationship situation going on, and one person seems to be living the good life, while the other's life seems to be a living hell without that person who has yet to be "rescued" from some of the torments of life, and in the end you seem to be just looking for answers to the questions that you kept asking.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing ^^', it was a really good poem, but just seems to be slightly more confusing then it should be, with the point you are trying to get across. Overall you did a great job though ^^.

Blaine

Mon chere...
    Years
  • Well, now. My first post in several months.

Anyway, like LT said, the poem comes off to be a relationship-related situation. It almost feels as if the narrator is living in a... Repunzel archetype. The poem is also rather confusing. Don't try so hard. The word choice is superb and really comes off as such; so kudos on that. I can't say that I really enjoyed the piece, but I can comment that it was wonderfully written.

Last edited:
    Back