• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too Many Legendaries?

Death Rogers

Great Old One
Years
  • Do you think there're too many legendary Pokemon? Right now there're over 20. That's discluding Daimond and Pearl. I don't know how many legendaries they'll bring, but there're going to be at least 5. I mean, every region has it's own set of Legendaries.

I think every region should have 3 or so legendaries and one region hold a somewhat of a "god" of all pokemon.

Discuss.

sdp

raver
    Years
  • well if we go by porcentage, its still almost the same as in r/b and g/s, because there is also more of 'non-legendaries'.

I do admit that R/S and now D/P have added a lot of legendaries..

Years
  • I don't think that there is too much legendaries. I mean, why should there be only a couple of them? If a pokemon is legendary that means that there is something really special about it and that's not a bad thing is it? It's just that one legend is conected to it. That should actually be a positive thing. You wouldn't be complaining if there would be legends conected to animals, even if there were a lot of them. And come to think of it, there must be some legends conected to animals. I really don't know what the big deal is... Maybe if you told me why you are so bothered about the thing, I would understand.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Yes there are too many legendaries, most of them are Psychic types and I really don't like psychic types. But I was happy to hear when they announced a Ghost/Dragon type and a Dark type, those were the only legendaries that I really like just because of that. I'm not happy at the fact that there is a 3 psychic type trio

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Geeeez, Ive seen so many of these threads. But in my opinion, there can't ever be to many legendaries. The more Pokemon the marier. Plus, all the more challenge, am I right?
    Goooooooooooooooo POKEMON

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Yes... There ARE too many of them...
    Its almost like..they're not special anymore... D:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Yes... There ARE too many of them...
    Its almost like..they're not special anymore... D:

It doesn't matter how many legendaries there are, what makes them legendary is that there is only one of them. Thats what makes them so special, plus, for each legendary pokemon, there is a story to be told, a legend. And even today, there are hundreds of legends, myths, and stories about legendary beasts and monsters that where, and do exist. Even though some didn't exist, we still believe. The same goes for Pokemon. So saying that there are to many legendaries, or that they aren't special anymore is pretty rediculous. They will always be special, and they will always be a legendary.

Example.
    Beowolf.
    Beowulf is a story about a monster named Grendel, who terrorized the land, and people of the middle ages. Though no evidence exists, there is a castle in britain or whever ever. And near the castle is a cave, and in the cave, dead corpses of humans where found. But the most astonishing find was a corpse a monster like creature. Kinda sounds like Grendel if ya ask me. Know, when I found that out, I was in 3rd grade and I was watching a program about the most haunted places on earth. So don't ask me any questions about that, M'kay.

So, don't say that there is to many legendaries, and don't say that there not special anymore, why, cause they will never be those two thing, never.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
  • Yes there are too many legendaries, most of them are Psychic types and I really don't like psychic types. But I was happy to hear when they announced a Ghost/Dragon type and a Dark type, those were the only legendaries that I really like just because of that. I'm not happy at the fact that there is a 3 psychic type trio

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Hehe you and your ghosts but i've gotta agree, they're are far too many Psychic type legendaries.

As to the actual question, I think there is about "enough legendaries. Not too many but they've definatly borederlining it.

Jolty-kun

Years
  • In the fifth generation, I just hope they just make like two or three legendaries.
    I'm getting confused already, with the new Regi, and that weird hedgehog thing. o.o
    That's why Mew and Mewtwo seem so legendary and immortal, because there were less legendaries in the first generation.
    Plus the legendary birds were fine, too, they didn't have much to do with Mew and Mewtwo in the game which made the two legendary groups swift apart, I just hope they do that this generation.

thepokemonfan

pokemon fan (as you can see)
    Years
  • In the fifth generation, I just hope they just make like two or three legendaries.
    I'm getting confused already, with the new Regi, and that weird hedgehog thing. o.o
    That's why Mew and Mewtwo seem so legendary and immortal, because there were less legendaries in the first generation.
    Plus the legendary birds were fine, too, they didn't have much to do with Mew and Mewtwo in the game which made the two legendary groups swift apart, I just hope they do that this generation.

agree completly......
    anyways, the regi thing is unneeded, and more psychic ones are NOT what we need...... Legendary pokemon are growing like weeds.......

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
  • Oh, there are more than five in D/P. I don't know exactly how many, though, but more than five!

Um...I do think there are too many...well, some of the new D/P ones are kinda lame, though. Some of the other Legendaries are stupid as well, but I'm not one to complain. But yes, there are many of them.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Oh snap, I'm minimodding again!
    SOMEONE STOP ME!
    *cough*
    There's a thread about this here

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years

• Oh, we're in the 70's again? xD!! Nah, I'm j/k

Nope, not to many legendaries. I just think of them as separating in different regions, then they're aren't to many.

Back