• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Too many legends?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Most regions are marked by their Legendary Pokemon, the powerful beasts whose names are inscribed at the very end of the regional Pokedex. Sinnoh, however, had surplus of these powerful Pokemon, most of which were thought to be unnecessary. So, do you think Sinnoh had far too many legends, and Pokemon like Heatran, Phione and Regigigas would be better off, nonexistent?

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    first post! ummmm. I really dont know. I like them but it is true there is too many.

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
    you may be right, kanto had 4, johto had 5, don't know about hohen cause I never really got into it, but I know of at least 3, sinnoh has like 11, but I'm not really counting very many events, except in sinnoh which would reduce it to 4, although the count maybe inaccurate do to bad memory

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
    It's all adding up with the legendaries. I do think tho that Sinnoh has too many legends. the three pixies, the legendary dragon trio, heatran, regigigas, manaphy, arceus, darkrai... thats just too much. 11! I think there should be abt 3-4 per region, and abt 1 event. That would make them more... legendary.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I don't mind the huge number of legendaries in D/P/Pt because even though they're frustrating to catch, they make potential additions to my team.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
    It really doesn't matter how many legendaries there are. I mean, compare how many normal pokemon there are compared to legendaries. But isn't it good to have more legendaries, so u can have a more powerful team?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    Everything after Jhoto had at least two too many legendaries. They're no longer legendary if there are so many of them. I currently have THREE rayquazas. How is it a legendary if there is more than one, and how likely do you think it is that after thousands of years, one person catches it and everything is fine? I claim that there are waaaaay to many legendaries for them to be legends.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    I suppose there are quite alot in Sinnoh, but I don't care that much.
    What I'd love is if Heatran and Regigigas didn't exist -- they're just... horrible!

ProGuava

ʇnoɥs puɐ ʇsıʍʇ
    Years
    yes there are in my opinion. its not as fun when theres like 5 legendaries that you find and Its more fun when you find that ONE awesome legendary that the game cover has on it. IT can ruin the fun...

Shinjiaoki94

Punk Leader
    Years
    Well, Game Freak makes more legend just the game to extend a lil' bit more, though Heatran is unsightly but good type combination and move set :P

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    just to spit the facts out...
    Generation 1 - 5 Legendaries (Bird trio, Mew duo)
    Generation 2 - 6 Legendaries (Beasts trio, Tower duo, Celebi)
    Generation 3 - 10 Legendaries (Legendary Golems, Eon Duo, Weather trio, Jirachi, Deoxys)
    Generation 4 - 13 Legendaries (3 Lake guardians, creation trio, lunar duo, sea guardians, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, Arceus)
    Generation 5 - 13 Legendaries (Victini, Muskateer trio, Kami trio, Tao trio, Meloetta, Genesect, Keldo)
    Wrote this because most people are saying there are 11 legendaies in the 4th gen, but actually there are 13 equal to gen 5 :)
    Source : Bulbapedia

Last edited:

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    I never really cared about catching legendaries so I don't care on How many they are but I must say Sinnoh did have a large quantity of legendaries with some of them not having a good back story for them to be legendary

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I think 14 was way to much of an overkill for events \:

Regigigas wasn't really needed, I mean a master of the Regi's didn't have to happen,

I mean we didn't really need Arceus either or Shaymin for that matter.

Overkill with legends in this generation.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    just to spit the facts out...
    Generation 1 - 5 Legendaries (Bird trio, Mew duo)
    Generation 2 - 6 Legendaries (Beasts trio, Tower duo, Celebi)
    Generation 3 - 10 Legendaries (Legendary Golems, Eon Duo, Weather trio, Jirachi, Deoxys)
    Generation 4 - 13 Legendaries (3 Lake guardians, creation trio, lunar duo, sea guardians, Heatran, Regigigas, Shaymin, Arceus)
    Generation 5 - 13 Legendaries (Victini, Muskateer trio, Kami trio, Tao trio, Meloetta, Genesect, Keldo)
    Wrote this because most people are saying there are 11 legendaies in the 4th gen, but actually there are 13 equal to gen 5 :)
    Source : Bulbapedia

There's 14 in Generation 4. 3 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 14

Come to think of it; Phione wasn't needed either \: Bit pointless IMO.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back