• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Too Many New Evolutions?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    i love evos stronger versions of our pokemon with the only downside that it take longer to learn new moves bu tthey can learn certain moves (alteria dragon claw i think) but they only need kanto evos really and roselia does not need prevo and evo msybe just an evo ut i will have some on my team

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • it's not necessary for a lapras pre evo, and DEFINITELY not necessary for an evo of it. it's purpose is already laid out -- it's basically a pokemon you can ride in waters, and represents the legend of the loch ness monster. it's stats are good and it learns awesome moves.

it's common sense ._.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I'm kind of disappointed with the 4th generation as a whole. There just aren't that many new monsters that appeal to me. They overkilled the pre-evos/evolutions and the legendaries. But seriously...what happened to 5 or 6 legendaries in a generation?! 15 is just rediculous. o.O

Everyone really needs to stop complaining about the grass and ice eeveelutions. I mean come on...we all knew they were coming eventually. You'd honestly prefer a steel-type eeveelution?! That would just be lame in my opinion.

One good thing I can say for the 4th gen...these are the best, most creative starters since Red/Blue.

Samson

Years
  • the only creative starter is the water starter, but even the concept of a penguin isn't that genuine. the fire monkey is basically blaziken, but ANOTHER monkey. and the grass turtle... like there aren't enough turtles. if you don't remember, blastoise was a turtle, and having two starters that are the same kind of creature is pretty lame. if anything, the most creative starters were those in R/S/E. sceptile changed so much for the overall game because it's a fast, yet equally strong, grass pokemon. blaziken is a major powerhouse poke. swampert is a powerful, and strategic pokemon. r/s/e rocked in terms of the generation's pokemon.

Matt11

Fanfic Beginner
    Years
  • There's too many psychic types now, specially legendaries, jesus can't legendaries have different types, I know some of them do but most of them are still psychic...

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Too Many New Evolutions?

Hey look it's GutsMan...

Capcoms going to sue somebody... Personally I am really tired of this so called "new art style" few of the pokemon actually look like they retain the real Pokemon style. It's not like me to trash games, but seriously, I have never seen a game gag itself to death like Pokemon. I liked all the Pokemon that actually looked like pokemon, everything is trying to be "realistic" this day and time, what happened to originality?

I will now rant about my hatred.
    Too Many New Evolutions?

Aipom doesn't even look like it would eveolve into that thing...

Too Many New Evolutions?

who gave Magneton a bad makeover?...
    Too Many New Evolutions?

rhywhat?...
    Too Many New Evolutions?

Liki... what the... that thing is the eveolution of Likitung... looks like fat albert got eaten by a likitung...
    Too Many New Evolutions?

hey look Togetic can fly... even better now...
    Too Many New Evolutions?

Hey look a pokemon version of some old cartoon character... oh that's just nosepass wearing a mustache... wait that's it's eveolved form o.o...;
    Anyways, I think most of those are pure crap drawn by... idiots... I like the games, but I don't like any of the evolutions in this post and elekible

Too Many New Evolutions?
    "holy... I am becoming that thing?"
    Too Many New Evolutions?
    doctor, I think my Tangela fell in radioactive waste.

Too Many New Evolutions?
    -->
    Too Many New Evolutions?
    more specifically he looks more like the Gutsman.exe in my opinion

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I pretty much agree with you for the most part

Too Many New Evolutions?
    Its funny how you pointed out gutsman ^_^ UGLY

Too Many New Evolutions?
    2 tails: whoop-de-doo

Too Many New Evolutions?
    Quite frankly, not half bad

Too Many New Evolutions?
    Ill live with it...

Too Many New Evolutions?
    Uhh...NO!

Too Many New Evolutions?
    I like this one

Too Many New Evolutions?
    wth?!

Too Many New Evolutions?
    Seriously, who came up with this one?

Samson

Years
  • i love the new togetic evo... the magneton evo not so bad, just not necessary, and though tangela needed an evo, it looks soooo wrong *.*

the rest seem quite unnecessary. it's really upsetting to me...

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
  • Well, the new Snowrunt evo isn't unnecessary, because it's time Ice types got some speed to KO Salamence etc. But... WTQ is this???
    Too Many New Evolutions?

He looks pretty cool, but I really can't see how he's supposed to evolve from Dusclops...
    Too Many New Evolutions?

OMGWTFBBQ??? QQQQQ???? Trading defense for offense??? Pwnseeker?
    Too Many New Evolutions?

I actually like this one, a mammoth with a pig nose is just ROFLMFAO....
    Too Many New Evolutions?

And it's time our unique Ground/Flying type got a boost!
    Too Many New Evolutions?

Absolutely unnecessary...
    Too Many New Evolutions?

I like this mafia raven, but trading speed for attacks isn't necessary... He does get a good HP boost though.
    Too Many New Evolutions?

This is my favorite! The little witch is pretty cute, but he looks more like Banette's evo ranther than Missy's... Not that it matters anyway, they're both ghosts.
    Too Many New Evolutions?

Samson

Years
  • Does it realy matter, theyre just pokemon...

says the guy with 3 random pokemon trainers in his avatar...

i think that dusclops evo is awesome, and would even be fit to be a ghost/dark type, but unfortunately, he isn't.

that mammoth is a waste i tell ya... piloswine kicks so much butt already.

gligar evo: perfect!

hey! yanma needed an evo. it's not very different from yanma, but i think it kicks.

lol i never noticed it was a 'mafia' raven. i sorta like it now ^.^

missy's evo could've been designed better, but oh wells, it still looks pretty. i caught a misdreavus and gave it nutrients for D/P... it shall kick!

Years
  • Click the spoiler to view the sprites, there's a lot of them...
    Spoiler:

Is it just me, or do most of these seem completely unnecessary?

xD so tru, i only like Nosepass's 1, kirlia's one, snorlax, dusklops, porygon, sudo and elekis's one... the rest are all gae sellouts!!!!

Matt11

Fanfic Beginner
    Years
  • says the guy with 3 random pokemon trainers in his avatar...

i think that dusclops evo is awesome, and would even be fit to be a ghost/dark type, but unfortunately, he isn't.

that mammoth is a waste i tell ya... piloswine kicks so much butt already.

gligar evo: perfect!

hey! yanma needed an evo. it's not very different from yanma, but i think it kicks.

lol i never noticed it was a 'mafia' raven. i sorta like it now ^.^

missy's evo could've been designed better, but oh wells, it still looks pretty. i caught a misdreavus and gave it nutrients for D/P... it shall kick!

I never said I didn't like pokemon, I love it...
    Anyway on topic - I think Nosepass' evo looks stupid...

moltres_flames

Legendary Collector
    Years
  • Wtf?

God knows what they were thinking with Magmars evo - it would be cool to have one but not looking like that. I also think Nosepass evo looks dumb, but having said that I never liked nosepass to begin with...

Greatfire

Map maker and ROM hacker
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 15, 2006
    I dont mind the new evolutions but a lot of the mlook very kiidie, like the likitung one

Back