• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Too Many New Evolutions?

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
Years
  • I Like most of em but geez the Sneasel Evelution looks exactly the same!!!
    and the aimpom one sucks so hard it makes ditto look like the most sophisticated pokemon ever conceived!!!

k.webb

noob
    Years
  • not sure

i dont think there could ever be too many pokemon could there? i like all the new evolutions.always need better pokemon.

Cooltrainer Lance

Flannery Fanboy
    Years
  • Some of them are really cool (Weaville, Glacia, Leafia, Bonsly, Munchlax, PreEvo of Chansey, Aipom's evo)

Then again, some don't look all that great (particularly Magneton, Nosepass, and Rhydon's evolved forms)

Their are some great additions to this generation, but what will the direction of the new pokemon be? I'm worried that their could end up being something like a fourth level evolution.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2006
    Only one I dislike is Nosepass - I think it's a lost case. ;O The Magneton one looks amazing, love it <3.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2006
    Not really. I like how their taking old Pokemon, that may not have been good, and make them better.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • @ Mrbadboy3: Yeah, I agree with #1 Latias. I would think that not all of the names have been changed to the offical english versions.

I think some evolutions and preevolutions are great but others seemed to go a bit overboard. It makes me think that the creators are running out of ideas. I just hope they don't go and give an extra evolution to every pokemon that exists. =/

Spriter

The Sprite Guy!
    Years
  • I agree with thepokemonfan

I Agree that these new evos are unessesary. I mean, the first generation of PKMN had really cool ones. Same with second Generation. 3rd Gen. got alittle sloppy, but still good, Now...Now they're just popping out new ones. The Yamna evo doesn't even look like an evo! Gligar...His evo is only changed by it's split body.
    but they could have done without Nosepass Evo AKA Mr Potato Head
    by: Legendary Squirtle, Ha Ha, I agree. MR POTATOE HEAD! HA! And absol evo would be cool!
    Spriter​

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    So there's like, an evo/pre-evo for every non-legend Pokemon in Kanto except for Ditto, Tauros, Aerodactyl, and Lapras, no?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • apras doesn't need a pre-evo. i said it already, and i'll say it again, it serves its purpose all on it's own.

tropius and absol, however, could've both used a pre-evo, yet an evo for each of them is not necessary. absol is going to be awesome with the new moveset it has, and tropius... not so much. just a little better.

Wingnut

Moon: 12 years and counting...
    Years
  • So there's like, an evo/pre-evo for every non-legend Pokemon in Kanto except for Ditto, Tauros, Aerodactyl, and Lapras, no?

Pinsir didn't get one. Neither did Kangaskhan, which is stupid because the prevo could just be the baby from the pouch...

I wouldn't mind if they all got evo/prevos except Ditto. A Ditto evolution is absolutely unnecessary.

Back