• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Too Many?

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Far too many Legends, and what is it with the Legendary Trio? o_O What the hell should we do with 3 Psychics with the same attacks and stats? o_O

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Jhoto legendaries was the best, 7 legends, not too many, not too little.

Johto only had 6
    Ho-oh,Celebi,Suicune,Lugia.Entei,and Raikou

If you are thinking Unown, Unown is not a legendary. Its just wierd

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Given how they only added just over 100 new Pokemon this generation, 14 legendaries is completely over the top. I agree that it should've just been five, like R/B/Y. The legendary trio, one (or two if you wanna be like G/S/C, R/B/Y) main legendary and then the elusive one. That's plenty as it is.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    Far too many Legends, and what is it with the Legendary Trio? o_O What the hell should we do with 3 Psychics with the same attacks and stats? o_O

thank you so much for this... not only that, but they look like freakin Mews that ACTUALLY went in the future when they used Future Sight... .___.

i don't care what story behind the trio they plan on giving for the anime NOR the game, and neither does most... i worry for them lol

Years
    Usually, I'd think there'd be like roughly max 7/6/5, as there should be -

1 do-something-special-to-get-legendary (dunno what's they're called) such as Mew, Jirachi, Celebi etc.
    Different Element Legendary Trio (that MAY relate to a main legendary), such as the birds, dogs and regis
    1/2/3 main legendary/ies (might be part of storyline), such as Kyogre/Groudon/Lugia

Of course, it all depends on the version, such as Rayquaza wasn't actually considred to be a part-of-storyline Legendary in R/S, until Emerald when he was used to calm Groudon and Kyogre (with a nice little cutscene).

Hmm, i'm confusing myself, lol.

..:i n n e r_宇 宙:..

This is called 'YOU SUCK'
    Years
    For me, it's not a lot of legendary pokemon for a new version...

You're crazy XD

Seriously, though, with all these legendaries, how is GameFreak gonna top this one?

I bet NOA is having a field day translating all those legendaries :D

So 493

14 or 15 (if the other people were right, because I don't remember which were the legendaries :D) legendaries, comparing to those of the older regions, where we didn't have so much.

Those Psychic trio... very sucky :D They're annoying to catch, and they aren't really worth it XD.

I hope GameFreak doesn't start going OMG lets PUT IN STRONG POKEMON THAT R BETTER THAN ARSEUS 1!!1!1!

Because Arseus is a God Pokemon. The only way they can make better Pokemon is if they make Arseus the bottom of the powerful Gods.

'Tis the end for GameFreak XD

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Bah, I bet the translations will be nonsense....again.

And, what're they gonna do for Gen. 5 Legends? Some "ZOMG SUPAH DRAGONZ" trio?

By making the last Pokemon in THIS Generation a Super-Mega-Uber Pogeymanz Gawd was Game Freak's biggest mistake imo. :(

What're they gonna make next for the last? A God of Death Pokemon? (actually, that'd be cool.)

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    At least the legendaries in this generation have good designs compared to the Hoenn legendaries. *Coughtheregiscough* And though I have never been a big fan of legendaries, I don't understand the ''ZOMG! 2 meeny l3g3nd4r13snomoreplz. >:'' stuff because no one has forced you to train them, or even catch them. So what if they could have made some normal Pokémon instead of some legendaries, but for all we know they could have been total crap.

To put my answer shortly: No. I don't mind the amount of legendaries in this generation; I just won't train them, that's all.
    *Sigh...* You apparently haven't even bothered checking their stats, because if you did, you'd know they're completely different. -.-

Let's compare them:

Yukishii | Emuritto| Agunomuu
    Stats
    HP: 75 | 80 | 75

Attack: 75 | 105 | 125

Defense: 130 | 105 | 70

Sp.Atk: 75 | 105 | 125

Sp.Defense: 130 | 105 | 70

Speed: 95 | 80 | 115

And even though their learnsets may seem exactly the same, there are some differences. I can't be bothered to check the TM/HM moves, but I'll list the moves that only one Pokémon from the trio can learn by leveling up:

Yukishii

Endure
    Yawn
    Amnesia
    Flail
    Memento

Emuritto

Protect
    Prayer
    Charm
    Imitate
    Heal Wish

Agunomuu

Detect
    Scheme
    Uproar
    Treasure
    Explosion

Do you still claim that they are exactly the same? If you insult Yukishii, you insult me. =P

PS. Note the fancy color-coding I made just for you. =P

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    interesting info smarties-kun. it sounds like they're set for a more strategic battle scheme. that's a good thing and all, but they could've varied in type and still had those movesets. they could've also varied in design and still had those stats. it's quite unnecessary that they all had to be *just* Psychic and all looked alike. your ability to identify the three as a trio still could've worked without making all of them levitate, and all of them have the same two ugly tails.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    I don't think it's too many, think they should make more.

And the legendaries....I say its cool. Yeah I use'em, but not all the time............cept for Aruseus :\. I say the legendaries are okay.

Evo's and Pre-evo's.....I say game freak should keep making more, it adds spice to the game.

....dang, I must be an Outcast :O

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    *Sigh...* You apparently haven't even bothered checking their stats, because if you did, you'd know they're completely different. -.-
    Sorry, I didnt bother to check and all. ;0;
    Yeah, but at least we had diffrent types last time, which makes them quite handy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    I kinda like the fact that there are many Legends in this game (though Aruseus was dispensable), the variety of types is a spice up to the games, and with all these legendaries the story of Pokemon is more revealed, and yes the Trio could have more variety one the types and moves, but that's all. Besides, you only train them if you want

Years
    Ubers are needed to make a bigger uber metagame, as far as Aresus though, why make a god pokemon unless they dont plan on making anymore pokemon games <_<

Next time the should make a Savior pokemon to go with Aresus

Years
    well...they may have gone a little bit over the top with the legendarys...but this dosent bother me at all...i love to see new pokemon of al shapes and sizes, all diffrent types and all the new evolutions and pre-evolutions (or pre-volutions) and hope they continue to make pokemon games for generations to come...
    so all in all the game looks mint...

Back