• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Too much of PC a bad thing?

Are you/Have you ever been addicted to PC?

• Total voters

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I stay on the computer every minute that I'm not out with my friends. My family and I communicate only in passing, it's ridiculous. xD I'd say only a couple of the hours I spend online are dedicated to PC since I'm not that close to anyone here. Most of the time I just idle here while drawing or bothering people over MSN.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I can say I'm addicted to PC, but school really ruins it. I'm still PC member, nonetheless, and I won't leave PC no matter what. :O

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    It'll slowly take away your social life.

Well you asked about the consequences. :/

Gwahlywhirl

Gwah.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2012
    I haven't been outside in 15 years.
    PC has consumed me and now I'm trapped in my computer.
    I would say "help me", but honestly this is pretty fun.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Umm, I probably am, but for weird reasons. It's like, whenever I'm awake, I feel like I must look after B/W otherwise some spammer will come along and murder it or something, which... ends up with me spending most of the day online :D;

Too much of PC can leave you wishing you hadn't spent all that time online or something, though.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    No, I don't think I can say I've been addicted to PC. I get on for a reasonable time, post, get off at a reasonable time.

Though it's not like I actually get off the internet fml

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I have been dangerously addicted to PC a few times before. In some instances, I averaged 4 hours of sleep and received awful grades. I had to temporarily leave to regain control of my life. Gotta take things slow and relax. Much to our chagrin, we have higher priorities than our activity on a Pokemon forum. :(

Years
    Even though I can live without PC if need be, whenever I have nothing to do or feel like procrastinating, I'll usually be on here, which amounts to me being on here quite a bit. In the past, I have been very addicted, though I learned to take it easy over time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i have a lot of spare time, and i don't "surf" very many places on the internet so in my spare time i usually end up here. i wouldn't call it an addiction, but my time spent here definitely surpasses that of a moderate user.

Years
    I'm not addicted to PC. As in, I'll jump on usually on a daily basis but if I don't manage to get to the computer for two or three days I'm not going to have withdrawal symptoms or something. PC is entertaining but I don't spend my life on it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well.. right now I don't really have the time to be addicted to PC, I'm not on much except for on my days off work. There-in-lies the point.. XD; on my days off work, or after I get off work, and SOMETIMES before I leave for work.. I'm usually on PC. >A> I mean, yeah I have my reasons, and my activity is less than what it used to be.. Still I'm on it more than I should be at times. I feel like I have staff obligations, and if I weren't on staff, I wouldn't feel like I had to be quite as much, but I'd still be reallll active, and still somewhat 'addicted'. :p

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Addiction to a website is the percentage of time you are in it compared to other sites, not the amount of time overall.

I must, therefore, be crazy addicted to PC, even though I'm not like you staying up to 1:30 only on PC, because if I want to stay up that late it's going to be for a good reason >__>

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I went through the same thing as the OP. For the first few months after I joined I was on pretty much all day (No job, no life etc), then I couldn't get on the internet at all for like 7 months.

Since I came back i've managed to get a job so it hasn't been quite as bad though I have done a couple of all-nighters.

Recently I just really haven't been bothered about PC, or the internet for that matter and the amount of shiz going on in my life atm hasn't helped matters. I might get back to posting "regularly" (Meaning back to posting about five times a week) but bleh, who knows.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I'm not really addicted as such and never have been, but I am quite often seen around here just lurking around watching everyone post and posting for myself. But no, I'm not addicted, but even if I was addicted I'd be proud to be addicted to PokeCommunity. :D

Years
    I used to be a lot more addicted to it than I am now. I was following the "one hour of computer a day" rule at our house until I got modded here back in 2005... >__< I've pulled a few all-nighters here on PC, and in hindsight, it seems a bit silly.

These days, between work, reading other websites, writing, and sometimes video games, I'm not really addicted to PC. If something special and exciting's going on, though, it can still draw me in until the late hours of the night. But that's really rare. Not that I don't like PC, just that I've kind of learned my lesson. I guess. *shrugs*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    It's kind of an addiction to come on here and stay on for a bunch of hours since I have nothing better to do, I actually took a little break from PC recently if anyone realized. xD

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I've been addicted to this place before. But mainly cause my friends online were here. Now I talk with them using other methods and I only come here when I have something to do here. Or I'm bored.

Back